[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Can u tell me what jewel choose?
What should I buy item wise for my char? I don't now if I should be getting a better claw for more DPS as I'm starting to go through tier 13+ maps.
I would really appreciate your opinion on what I can do to improve my char/build. As of now, I'm having a hard time to face bosses from t9+ maps.
I currently have a 6L armor, but it's not as defensive as my 5L Lightning Coil I believe. What do you think? Thanks!!
"
o2vipergts wrote:
Yo I've played this build for the past 4 leagues and I freaking love it.

I just started up in Abyss last week and recently started mapping, filling out my T1-9 atlas. While running a T3 map I got a random Exalt drop and I have no clue what to work on next. Could you take a peak at my gear and give me some advice on where I need to spend it?

love hearing stuff like this. also love that you may own an 02 viper gts.

tough call with only 1ex as your gear isn't shitty. all pieces are pretty much on par with each other. running two life flasks is fine but you could optimize a little bit better there potentially by following my guide more closely.

i mean, maybe you could replace the right ring? actually come to think of it, i have a really good unset listed for 1ex right now that i'd give you a bro deal on. near max phys roll, high accuracy, life and 2 resists.

otherwise you could look for slightly better jewels (damage and crit multi > crit chance or anything that says melee since it applies globally to the build)

let me know if i can help more and feel free to add me if you want
"
NegreDeSouche wrote:
Thanks for replying ! Actually ive read some pages of the replies and ive seen the belly of the beast build, so ive tried to copy that with a cheaper chest armour. Do you recommend this build more than the BoR one ?
I fear that with BoR my resists will fall unless i get some really good and espensive other stuff to balance. Are you often online ? Ill mp you for more info !

edit : my dps are now almost 215k with all buffs ! its really pleasant !

no worries man. with only 11c, it's going to be hard to get a good enough body armor that will be better than the BoR. you need a 6L armor to keep up with the damage and you need good stats to make it worth it. if you just want some more survivability right now, you should be able to find a reasonably priced 5L armor and helm to go with it.

getting the resists tidied up with the BoR isn't SUPER easy if you have a lot of damage stats on your jewelry and gloves, but you can work toward it incrementally. don't rush if you don't have to.

"
BloodyBullEye wrote:
Can u tell me what jewel choose?

in the gear section of the guide, i go over this. i even have a link for you to follow to poe.trade.

the only unique one you need is Might and Influence
"
WARHURYEAH wrote:
What should I buy item wise for my char? I don't now if I should be getting a better claw for more DPS as I'm starting to go through tier 13+ maps.

since you don't have VP i would replace the right claw with a different one. don't need another gemini since you already have one but if you plan to upgrade that too, then do what you like.

you should be running a life flask with anti-freeze

your amulet could give you a lot more DPS if you look for the stats i suggest.

how much are you looking to spend? what are your life pool and resists at?
"
HimuraBr wrote:
I would really appreciate your opinion on what I can do to improve my char/build. As of now, I'm having a hard time to face bosses from t9+ maps.
I currently have a 6L armor, but it's not as defensive as my 5L Lightning Coil I believe. What do you think? Thanks!!

you aren't running a life flask? or a basalt? i would follow my flask guide more closely.

your ventor's gamble isn't good because it has reduced quantity, which is the only stat that can make it worth it.

your left ring is ok for now...you could elreon craft flat phys on it.

amulet is fine if you don't have cash right now.

get rid of pugilist...it's not worth it. also you have pugilist where might and influence should be. you can refund those points for the top jewel socket and grab the one under the duelist. you can also find a better jewel for the two sockets that don't hold M&I.

your belt and boots are fine

5L armor IMO doesn't cut it. now, you took a unique armor with no resists on it and a helm with no resists on it to replace a 7L helm with no resists on it. at least the total life is a little higher than a BoR. the whole point of going rare armor is to capitalize on the stats. not saying that a 5L lightning coil is totally useless but now you have the same problem with resists PLUS you have to make up for extra lightning resistance lost there.
Please, my friend, could u take a look at my character and tell me how could i improve this? all feedbacks are welcome.
"
charbelkhouri wrote:
Please, my friend, could u take a look at my character and tell me how could i improve this? all feedbacks are welcome.

i am now waiting for you to send bank details for the wire transfer. lol, this sounded like one of those emails.

your gear is pretty damn good. how much are you looking to spend on upgrades? what are your resists in parentheses for fire, cold and lightning? you may be able to ditch some resistances for more life or dps (such as on your belt). you could also ditch vaal haste and upgrade to a badass steel ring.

you could also find gear with INT on it so you can refund that +30 node

get a better rolled, potentially corrupted for another good property, might and influence gem

you could exalt that bottom jewel (the one with crit multi) if you're bored

buy a taste of hate if you're richer

etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info