[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Hi ! I've been following your guide, and id like to thank you !

The point is that now im stuck at Tier 6 max maps, and some bosses in low tier maps are a pain in the *** (especially when mutiple bosses with range spawn around me). Im very poor atm and i dont know how to capitalize my 11 chaos orb / 2 divine orbs to improve my build (im a newbie). Do you have any idea ? Should i only farm the maps im sure not to die, and wait until i get enough to get the same build as your 94lvl one ?
One more question is about Vaal Haste : i dont have it for the moment, but i wonder how ill be able to activate it, as my spells already take the 8 keyboard slots ? (noob question again)
Hey SayTen
Thanks for the build guide -. I got into the game to play video games with my 8 year old son. There are surprising few co-op games that aren't shooters and he loves swords and magic and monsters so it seemed perfect.

After stumbling around and trying a few different things I turned my first char into this build though it was already a shadow trickster. Your guide was one of the best - not from dps or anything, but the how's and why's things work and how things link together.

I play by myself on this LS/DualStrike character build to level up so I can learn about the game/build ahead of him, as well as and get currency for cool equipment for my son's char. My son loved the look of it in your video and he is doing his version - building an assassin along this build line, whilst I co-op partner him with a witch. Its been a blast.

So far the first char is level 67. Gone with curse on hit-warlords mark combo on the the lightning strike on Surgeblinder gloves (7% increase physical damage per endurance charge), BoR and 2 wasp nests, inc 1 corrupted with culling strike. No idea of the lack of +life on the gloves will hurt the char down the line but c'est la vie.
All the equipment has been pretty cheap - the good stuff usually 1 Alchemy per piece more or less, so easy to farm what we need currency wise for the 3 chars to buy what they need as we progress.
Overall recommend this build for a new player or for younger players as its an easy play style - he only has to smash 1-2 buttons in fights.

Quick question. Is being stunned an issue for this char down the line? We rip through most stuff pretty quickly, so its not been too much of a problem so far, but I got dropped a Eye of Chayula so I have that in my back pocket to remove the stun issue if it comes up down the line, but I would need to plan to make up the lost resists and intell somewhere/somehow else.

Anyway thanks for your efforts, its much appreciated.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Leethyl wrote:
Are there any alternatives for lightning strike?

i strongly encourage you to try both of them at high level

also i just checked out your character and it seems you may be moving some gear around but in your BoR, you have a melee physical damage gem...which is redundant since it's built into the BoR. swap that for increased critical damage.

Oops!

Good catch and thank you for explaining the difference. I noticed you were using Frost Blades on your character, so I figured I would ask (plus i'm kind of over the LS animation haha)

Coming back after a long break of POE; thanks for being so helpful. This guide is perfect to get into 3.1.
"
nabilfares5 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
nabilfares5 wrote:
Hey, can you do a new Tree for the dagger version, i remember doing this build, using daggers, but it was a long time ago, thanks anyway. :) FUCK BTW

\m/ \m/

Dagger Party

Keep in mind that the tree is "hypothetical" since you'd have to be level 493 to get all those nodes, but it at least highlights everything good (EXCEPT VAAL PACT).

With daggers, you might want to invest in VP with some leech under the duelist or maybe use Warlord's Mark instead of enfeeble. Basically just something to get life back.

I was using the old dagger tree, is this new one better for the present game content, or maybe i should mimic the claw one and just put the claw points in dagger? Im pretty bad at builds, so i dont know that much.
Did you mean 93?

i just mean a high number. i think you'd have to be 99 or 100. the old dagger tree won't be much different. in fact, it is pretty much just swapping a lot of claw points for dagger points. you just need to determine if you want leech and/or vaal pact or not. plus you can always respec.
"
NegreDeSouche wrote:

The point is that now im stuck at Tier 6 max maps, and some bosses in low tier maps are a pain in the *** (especially when mutiple bosses with range spawn around me). Im very poor atm and i dont know how to capitalize my 11 chaos orb / 2 divine orbs to improve my build (im a newbie). Do you have any idea ? Should i only farm the maps im sure not to die, and wait until i get enough to get the same build as your 94lvl one ?
One more question is about Vaal Haste : i dont have it for the moment, but i wonder how ill be able to activate it, as my spells already take the 8 keyboard slots ? (noob question again)

your life is probably too low as you dont have really any on your jewelry. what is your life pool at? are your resists at least 75/75/75 for F/C/L?

follow my flask guide...it'll help a lot. atziri's promise is cheap and you can probably get a rumi's pretty cheap too.

if you hti me up in game i probably have some stuff i can sell you cheap.

with regard to vaal haste, don't worry about that for right now...i'm not even using it currently and probably won't bother this league. that being said, you can activate hatred and HoA and then remove them from your keybindings...and you won't have to turn them back on unless you die. that frees up two spots.
"
DrHoffmeister wrote:
Hey SayTen
Thanks for the build guide -. I got into the game to play video games with my 8 year old son. There are surprising few co-op games that aren't shooters and he loves swords and magic and monsters so it seemed perfect.

After stumbling around and trying a few different things I turned my first char into this build though it was already a shadow trickster. Your guide was one of the best - not from dps or anything, but the how's and why's things work and how things link together.

I play by myself on this LS/DualStrike character build to level up so I can learn about the game/build ahead of him, as well as and get currency for cool equipment for my son's char. My son loved the look of it in your video and he is doing his version - building an assassin along this build line, whilst I co-op partner him with a witch. Its been a blast.

So far the first char is level 67. Gone with curse on hit-warlords mark combo on the the lightning strike on Surgeblinder gloves (7% increase physical damage per endurance charge), BoR and 2 wasp nests, inc 1 corrupted with culling strike. No idea of the lack of +life on the gloves will hurt the char down the line but c'est la vie.
All the equipment has been pretty cheap - the good stuff usually 1 Alchemy per piece more or less, so easy to farm what we need currency wise for the 3 chars to buy what they need as we progress.
Overall recommend this build for a new player or for younger players as its an easy play style - he only has to smash 1-2 buttons in fights.

Quick question. Is being stunned an issue for this char down the line? We rip through most stuff pretty quickly, so its not been too much of a problem so far, but I got dropped a Eye of Chayula so I have that in my back pocket to remove the stun issue if it comes up down the line, but I would need to plan to make up the lost resists and intell somewhere/somehow else.

Anyway thanks for your efforts, its much appreciated.

that's awesome and i love it.

RE: surgebinders - the benefits of those won't outweigh a solid set of rare gloves. if you haven't looked into it yet, check how the math of PoE works. "increased", especially at 0.07*(endurance charges) is not that much. the flat physical damage and attack speed you can get on rare gloves will destroy that. i know i had surgebinders COSMETIC SKIN on a couple of characters but i don't recommend using them at all. that being said, nothing is going to matter too much until you start mapping because this build will mow everything down until the enemies are strong enough to one shot you when you're not looking

RE: weapons - free cull is good but remember that life on hit (which is gone now) keeps you alive. since you're a trickster, that's a useful thing to have. if you were an assassin, it's organic to the ascendancy.

RE: stun - the build takes enough stun passives, uses brine king pantheon and eventually has enough life that you won't need additional help. eye of chayula used to be really important but for energy shield characters with CI, because stun is based on the damage vs. total life...and they have only 1. once you get to about 5000 life, you will start to notice you rarely get stunned and it only gets better as you level more.

feel free to add me in game and i can set you and your son up with some better gear if need be. above all, murder on.
started uploading some gifs in the gameplay video section
Yo I've played this build for the past 4 leagues and I freaking love it.

I just started up in Abyss last week and recently started mapping, filling out my T1-9 atlas. While running a T3 map I got a random Exalt drop and I have no clue what to work on next. Could you take a peak at my gear and give me some advice on where I need to spend it?
"
NegreDeSouche wrote:

As a noobie myself i farm chaos recipes while slowly leveling on maps i dont die until i can buy things i need. Incidentally, i also encountered the same problem as yours when i was around the same level as yours and it was solved by removing Claws of Magpie and adding Constitution. Lastly, Rumi and Atziri's promise are must haves for survivability esp on dire situations.

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
NegreDeSouche wrote:

your life is probably too low as you dont have really any on your jewelry. what is your life pool at? are your resists at least 75/75/75 for F/C/L?

follow my flask guide...it'll help a lot. atziri's promise is cheap and you can probably get a rumi's pretty cheap too.

if you hti me up in game i probably have some stuff i can sell you cheap.

with regard to vaal haste, don't worry about that for right now...i'm not even using it currently and probably won't bother this league. that being said, you can activate hatred and HoA and then remove them from your keybindings...and you won't have to turn them back on unless you die. that frees up two spots.

Thanks for replying ! Actually ive read some pages of the replies and ive seen the belly of the beast build, so ive tried to copy that with a cheaper chest armour. Do you recommend this build more than the BoR one ?
I fear that with BoR my resists will fall unless i get some really good and espensive other stuff to balance. Are you often online ? Ill mp you for more info !

edit : my dps are now almost 215k with all buffs ! its really pleasant !
Last edited by NegreDeSouche on Jan 6, 2018, 11:05:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info