[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Fubaru wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Fubaru wrote:
Hey Say_Ten

Firstly, thank you for the great guide! As a brand new player to POE it was simple to follow and has been a really fun build to play!

I am now at level 86 and am running tier 10 maps but find myself dying a fair bit. I know my life is on the low side (~4300) but my resists are all about 100%. I am struggling to get to my life to 5000 as you have suggested in your guide and was hoping you could have a quick look at my character and give some advice on where i could improve? Not just with life, but overall. As i said before, i am new to POE so still struggle to determine what items are good or decent. I am also on a low budget (RNG gods have not been kind to me) which complicates things further.

Many thanks again!

Does Fubaru have anything to do with Subaru? I had an 07 STI Limited.

I love reading things like this. New player mapping at T10. Let me be the first to tell you that's great and you should pat yourself on the back. It took me some time to get used to the game and mapping when I first started.

Take a look at my current character's tree and follow that. You can ditch the leech nodes under the duelist area and go get soul raker at this point. I also decided to eventually ditch ambidexterous and focus on other areas. Your two rare jewels are pretty bad. You should find jewels with life and 2-3 damage mods that APPLY to your build. For example, you have one that gives phys damage to 2h weapons.

Your BoR could have a better life roll but that's the last thing I would attack.

Your boots are pretty decent but you should scour off the DEX and add lightning res.

You can also start wearing a "real" belt at this point. You can probably find one that's not too expensive. I even have a couple I could sell you real cheaply. Same with gloves.

Jewelry is pretty bad in that it has no real life on it. Both rings have two good resists but no phys and no life = no bueno. You could ditch vaal haste for a bit (put a chest on before you put the BoR on) and level that and other gems in your chest. Then you could find another ring that keeps you up to speed until you find better gear. Amulet is in the same class as the rings. Need to find something with INT and life and phys or crit multi.

Hit me up in game and we can work on it together later if you want.

Haha, I have never owned a Subaru but do love them, thus the name!

Thanks so much for the great info man! Everything you said makes sense and gives me something to work on. I just need some luck with drops so i can get the currency needed. I will also update my passives with your suggestions.

If you wouldn't mind having a quick chat this evening about my setup that would be amazing man! I am based in the UK though, not sure if that works with your timezone?

Thanks again bud! Your help is very appreciated :)

sure thing. i'm on eastern time, USA (GMT-5) so maybe i'll catch you before you pass out. no h0m0.
"
poojis wrote:
Say_Ten, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I optimized my tree to reach heart seeker. But now after looking at your tree, makes more sense to get claw damage nodes and attack speed along with some life/evasion nodes along.
Few more things
1) Prioritize life nodes until level 75
Prioritize claw damage and att speed nodes until 90
then go for crit chance > 90 ----- Is this order correct?
2) Any suggestions to improve my gear? I now have decent accuracy, which is around 3.2k and about 95% hit chance for my level
3) what is the balance? 5k life and more damage on tree or 6k life with more life nodes and less damage on the tree?
4) Question about Lgoh and vaalpact.
with lgoh assuming u get 90 life per hit and 10 hits per second = 900life/sec
leech for 5k life in 20% = 1000 max life leech rate and to reach that with so much damage is 1000/0.8 sec
life regen about 300 life/sec
total would be about 2200 life leech/sec when you are in combat and that means it takes 2 secs to fully regen when you are almost 1 shot. is my calculation correct? If so how vaal pact is different, is it more than 2200 life leech/per sec?
5) Why only 50% crit chance because we are always criting based on full life or low life?
6) For crafting, can you help me plz with lvl 7 masters? just that I dont want to waste a bit of currency yet on my currently crappy gear. So any pointers especially on that? Is this where I whisper - Strike_You_Out

1) it's all about preference. i know i can hit level 90+ without an issue so i can take damage early on and deal with it. there is plenty of damage to take defense first though. and newer players could use a bit more defense, especially with this fast/twitchy build where you can kill a whole map before you friend even knows what happened.

2) Lot of stuff. Might and Influence is in the wrong spot. It needs to go to the right of the ranger start point...in that jewel socket. I don't believe there is enough DEX near the jewel socket you have it in to activate. Use Ruthless instead of Added Fire Damage in your BoR. Try to get Multistrike set up with LS. Assassin's Mark gives you mana on kill, which is really useful, especially if you don't have any mana leech. Refund the +30 INT node and take Coldhearted Calculation (unless the 10 INT difference will kill you). You'll get lots of goodies from that node. Eventually you want to refund the leech nodes and get Soul Raker. Flasks can be upgraded. Pick up Atziri's Promise and a Rumi's and ditch at least one life flask and maybe the bismuth. Other gear can be upgraded incrementally.

3) see #1. it's all about YOUR balance.

4) you're assuming attack speed is identical in either situation and it's not. 20/20 blood rage gives you 20% increased attack speed...so in terms of a single enemy, you might be on par either way. however, if there are adds in the boss room and/or you're clearing maps, you are going to seriously outperform with blood rage and LGOH. You can only leech so fast but with splash you are hitting tons of enemies at once with both claws and that's what makes us fucking immortal. this is why i stand by LGOH.

5) yes, plus when you get power charges, note your crit chance...it will probably be up to like 80% or something crazy.

666) yes, i can help. add me as a friend and then whisper to me when you see me online.
Thanks! Boss mode now enabled. I picked up a wasps nest and I treat myself to a Touch of Anguish for a few chaos. I blew a load of my refund points and I've re-specced to how you have you have set things out. Whooop whooop! I am kicking some ass now.

Just need to upgrade my boots and gloves now. Thanks again. Loving it.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
poojis wrote:
Say_Ten, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I optimized my tree to reach heart seeker. But now after looking at your tree, makes more sense to get claw damage nodes and attack speed along with some life/evasion nodes along.
Few more things
1) Prioritize life nodes until level 75
Prioritize claw damage and att speed nodes until 90
then go for crit chance > 90 ----- Is this order correct?
2) Any suggestions to improve my gear? I now have decent accuracy, which is around 3.2k and about 95% hit chance for my level
3) what is the balance? 5k life and more damage on tree or 6k life with more life nodes and less damage on the tree?
4) Question about Lgoh and vaalpact.
with lgoh assuming u get 90 life per hit and 10 hits per second = 900life/sec
leech for 5k life in 20% = 1000 max life leech rate and to reach that with so much damage is 1000/0.8 sec
life regen about 300 life/sec
total would be about 2200 life leech/sec when you are in combat and that means it takes 2 secs to fully regen when you are almost 1 shot. is my calculation correct? If so how vaal pact is different, is it more than 2200 life leech/per sec?
5) Why only 50% crit chance because we are always criting based on full life or low life?
6) For crafting, can you help me plz with lvl 7 masters? just that I dont want to waste a bit of currency yet on my currently crappy gear. So any pointers especially on that? Is this where I whisper - Strike_You_Out

1) it's all about preference. i know i can hit level 90+ without an issue so i can take damage early on and deal with it. there is plenty of damage to take defense first though. and newer players could use a bit more defense, especially with this fast/twitchy build where you can kill a whole map before you friend even knows what happened.

2) Lot of stuff. Might and Influence is in the wrong spot. It needs to go to the right of the ranger start point...in that jewel socket. I don't believe there is enough DEX near the jewel socket you have it in to activate. Use Ruthless instead of Added Fire Damage in your BoR. Try to get Multistrike set up with LS. Assassin's Mark gives you mana on kill, which is really useful, especially if you don't have any mana leech. Refund the +30 INT node and take Coldhearted Calculation (unless the 10 INT difference will kill you). You'll get lots of goodies from that node. Eventually you want to refund the leech nodes and get Soul Raker. Flasks can be upgraded. Pick up Atziri's Promise and a Rumi's and ditch at least one life flask and maybe the bismuth. Other gear can be upgraded incrementally.

3) see #1. it's all about YOUR balance.

4) you're assuming attack speed is identical in either situation and it's not. 20/20 blood rage gives you 20% increased attack speed...so in terms of a single enemy, you might be on par either way. however, if there are adds in the boss room and/or you're clearing maps, you are going to seriously outperform with blood rage and LGOH. You can only leech so fast but with splash you are hitting tons of enemies at once with both claws and that's what makes us fucking immortal. this is why i stand by LGOH.

5) yes, plus when you get power charges, note your crit chance...it will probably be up to like 80% or something crazy.

666) yes, i can help. add me as a friend and then whisper to me when you see me online.

Thank you again. one last question - touch of anguish for frenzy or the wasp nest for attack speed?
which one is better to equip and survivability?
"
Say_Ten wrote:
Not pathetic...but you'll get there...don't worry. Just gotta grind some maps. You'll probably get an exalt in the next couple of days since you just wrote the word.

Yeah, claws got a ton more expensive after Mathil made a build with them a few leagues ago, even before the buffed them. So as a long-time claw wielder, it's bittersweet. They are more powerful but more expensive. People's asking prices are a little ridiculous IMO.

The great country of Texas...hope you stayed out of the water.

Yeah, getting back to the grind again. Dying here and there on my way to 90, but learning a lot when it happens.

After 3.0, do you still say help Alira? Your passive tree seems like it has the +2 passive bonus, unless my math is off.

Was thinking about going Vaal Pact but your argument a little earlier makes me think that at the very least I can wait. LGOH works pretty well with ludicrous APS.

I'm quite a bit north of the action, we just got a week of drizzling rain. I'm grateful though, and thank you for the well-wishes, boss!
/popcorn always, because people
"
deadamaranth wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
Not pathetic...but you'll get there...don't worry. Just gotta grind some maps. You'll probably get an exalt in the next couple of days since you just wrote the word.

Yeah, claws got a ton more expensive after Mathil made a build with them a few leagues ago, even before the buffed them. So as a long-time claw wielder, it's bittersweet. They are more powerful but more expensive. People's asking prices are a little ridiculous IMO.

The great country of Texas...hope you stayed out of the water.

Yeah, getting back to the grind again. Dying here and there on my way to 90, but learning a lot when it happens.

After 3.0, do you still say help Alira? Your passive tree seems like it has the +2 passive bonus, unless my math is off.

Was thinking about going Vaal Pact but your argument a little earlier makes me think that at the very least I can wait. LGOH works pretty well with ludicrous APS.

I'm quite a bit north of the action, we just got a week of drizzling rain. I'm grateful though, and thank you for the well-wishes, boss!

i can map with you if you are a little stuck. also yeah i'm not into VP. still helping Alira. good luck!
In your original post in the gear/flask section, you say the ideal flask set up is a divine life flask with instant recovery AND 20% chance to gain a charge on crit. From the little research i've done, i'm not sure it's possible to get both on the same flask? If it's not possible to get both on the same flask, what should I aim for to go with the instant recovery?
"
Uw0tName wrote:
In your original post in the gear/flask section, you say the ideal flask set up is a divine life flask with instant recovery AND 20% chance to gain a charge on crit. From the little research i've done, i'm not sure it's possible to get both on the same flask? If it's not possible to get both on the same flask, what should I aim for to go with the instant recovery?

Thank you for catching that. I will give you a free life flask if you find me in game.

Instant recovery and anti-freeze for life flask.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
i can map with you if you are a little stuck. also yeah i'm not into VP. still helping Alira. good luck!

I sent you an add, I might take you up on the offer sometime. :) And good luck right back at you!
/popcorn always, because people
Hey im new to the game and loving your build. Im currently playing on xbox one and i have fell completely in love with this build. Since im kinda new to this game this question may come off stupid. Currently im at level 50 and i was wondering if i should use jewels in my passive tree and if so which ones. I haventgone completely through your skill tree yet but half way through and i havent seen you use jewels or maybe i missed it. Also what levels should i leave immortal cry, temporal chains, and cast when damage taken? And one last thing how can i generate endurance charges for immortal cry at the level im at? Anyways im new and that all might sound like dumb queations but was hoping you could provide some incite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info