[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Say_Ten wrote:
you better fuckin believe it!

will have to f with your gear a little eventually but most of it is good enough to insta-rape shit for now.

where do you live? you probably could...

]:D

I know my gear is pretty pathetic. Need to toss the Shaper's Touch and get some res and life. I'm not capped with res and life is ~5000. I want closer to 6k. And no Unset Rings so no Vaal Haste or FA on my Whirling Blades. It's still a blast, and I love builds with opportunity for growth!

Good claws are crazy expensive... I have maybe 16ex total wealth (thank you, Currency Cop), but it's not liquid. I haven't seen an Exalt since Legacy League. I miss Dried Lakes! :( Have you seen that crazy Brimstone Song claw? 584.64 pDPS on a frikkin CLAW dude. That's nuts... ditto the price, hahah!

I'm in east Texas, bud. Pine trees and college girls, and that's about it!

/popcorn always, because people
Last edited by deadamaranth on Sep 6, 2017, 7:25:07 PM
Hi,

Can you take a look at my assassin in harbinger? I know still a long way to go, but already have in my stash, BOR with 158 life and touch of anguish claws.
Will work on getting flasks as well.
1) Other than that, how do you handle accuracy?
2) Also is it worth going crit chance or crit multi? At end of say lvl 90 what should be your ideal crit chance? I am guessing 50% since its doubled on full life and doubled on low life due to ascendancy.
3) If I am not planning to use blood rage and have life of about 5000 is it worth switching to vaalpact.
4) Can I also let go some leech nodes top optimize the tree?
Hey Say_Ten

Firstly, thank you for the great guide! As a brand new player to POE it was simple to follow and has been a really fun build to play!

I am now at level 86 and am running tier 10 maps but find myself dying a fair bit. I know my life is on the low side (~4300) but my resists are all about 100%. I am struggling to get to my life to 5000 as you have suggested in your guide and was hoping you could have a quick look at my character and give some advice on where i could improve? Not just with life, but overall. As i said before, i am new to POE so still struggle to determine what items are good or decent. I am also on a low budget (RNG gods have not been kind to me) which complicates things further.

Many thanks again!
Last edited by Fubaru on Sep 7, 2017, 5:22:23 AM
"
deadamaranth wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
you better fuckin believe it!

will have to f with your gear a little eventually but most of it is good enough to insta-rape shit for now.

where do you live? you probably could...

]:D

I know my gear is pretty pathetic. Need to toss the Shaper's Touch and get some res and life. I'm not capped with res and life is ~5000. I want closer to 6k. And no Unset Rings so no Vaal Haste or FA on my Whirling Blades. It's still a blast, and I love builds with opportunity for growth!

Good claws are crazy expensive... I have maybe 16ex total wealth (thank you, Currency Cop), but it's not liquid. I haven't seen an Exalt since Legacy League. I miss Dried Lakes! :( Have you seen that crazy Brimstone Song claw? 584.64 pDPS on a frikkin CLAW dude. That's nuts... ditto the price, hahah!

I'm in east Texas, bud. Pine trees and college girls, and that's about it!

Not pathetic...but you'll get there...don't worry. Just gotta grind some maps. You'll probably get an exalt in the next couple of days since you just wrote the word.

Yeah, claws got a ton more expensive after Mathil made a build with them a few leagues ago, even before the buffed them. So as a long-time claw wielder, it's bittersweet. They are more powerful but more expensive. People's asking prices are a little ridiculous IMO.

The great country of Texas...hope you stayed out of the water.
"
poojis wrote:
Hi,

Can you take a look at my assassin in harbinger? I know still a long way to go, but already have in my stash, BOR with 158 life and touch of anguish claws.
2) Also is it worth going crit chance or crit multi? At end of say lvl 90 what should be your ideal crit chance? I am guessing 50% since its doubled on full life and doubled on low life due to ascendancy.
3) If I am not planning to use blood rage and have life of about 5000 is it worth switching to vaalpact.

1) i usually get one good accuracy roll on one of my rings. check my character. besides a small amount from the phys/acc combo on my main hand (55 total), that's the only item i have that increases accuracy and my chance to hit is still good. i think it's 88 or 89 right now but i'd have to look...and keep in mind that's for enemies that are your level, so it's likely a lot higher.

2) crit multi all the way. your base crit chance with something like ToA should be at least 40% but probably more like 45%.

3) 20/20 blood rage is a lot of attack speed and with life on hit claws it is a lot more than you can regen. but if you want to go vaal pact, that's fine. you would do some reorganizing of the tree but not much. you may also want to invest in leech based claws instead of life on hit ones.

4) yes, check my character's tree. if you ditch the leech nodes and find a way to ditch that INT node (via gear), you can take Soul Raker, which is excellent.

Your gear looks pretty good for level 69. For the crafted mods, you could always craft up a tier eventually if you like. I have level 7 masters if you need me to do it.
"
Fubaru wrote:
Hey Say_Ten

Firstly, thank you for the great guide! As a brand new player to POE it was simple to follow and has been a really fun build to play!

I am now at level 86 and am running tier 10 maps but find myself dying a fair bit. I know my life is on the low side (~4300) but my resists are all about 100%. I am struggling to get to my life to 5000 as you have suggested in your guide and was hoping you could have a quick look at my character and give some advice on where i could improve? Not just with life, but overall. As i said before, i am new to POE so still struggle to determine what items are good or decent. I am also on a low budget (RNG gods have not been kind to me) which complicates things further.

Many thanks again!

Does Fubaru have anything to do with Subaru? I had an 07 STI Limited.

I love reading things like this. New player mapping at T10. Let me be the first to tell you that's great and you should pat yourself on the back. It took me some time to get used to the game and mapping when I first started.

Take a look at my current character's tree and follow that. You can ditch the leech nodes under the duelist area and go get soul raker at this point. I also decided to eventually ditch ambidexterous and focus on other areas. Your two rare jewels are pretty bad. You should find jewels with life and 2-3 damage mods that APPLY to your build. For example, you have one that gives phys damage to 2h weapons.

Your BoR could have a better life roll but that's the last thing I would attack.

Your boots are pretty decent but you should scour off the DEX and add lightning res.

You can also start wearing a "real" belt at this point. You can probably find one that's not too expensive. I even have a couple I could sell you real cheaply. Same with gloves.

Jewelry is pretty bad in that it has no real life on it. Both rings have two good resists but no phys and no life = no bueno. You could ditch vaal haste for a bit (put a chest on before you put the BoR on) and level that and other gems in your chest. Then you could find another ring that keeps you up to speed until you find better gear. Amulet is in the same class as the rings. Need to find something with INT and life and phys or crit multi.

Hit me up in game and we can work on it together later if you want.
Hi Say_Ten, I've been following your guide. I rarely post here despite playing this for over 4 years but wanted to say I am having so much fun with this build. I play casually so I rarely get to see the endgame but I thought I should say thank you! It's an entertaining build and I play games to enjoy myself and I'm having a blast with this character.

Managed to buy my BoR and a pair of Scaevas really cheap and now I'm running around like a HAM. Not quite sure which direction to take next. Should I stick with my swords and go and grab some 1 handed crit and Fencing alternating with life nodes?

My gloves and boots can certainly be upgraded at some point and I'm currently running around in low tier maps quite happily with 4.5k life. Just wondering when I get to T10 maps if I'm going to struggle. I wonder if you could take a look at my assassin for me and impart some of your wisdom.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Fubaru wrote:
Hey Say_Ten

Many thanks again!

Does Fubaru have anything to do with Subaru? I had an 07 STI Limited.

I love reading things like this. New player mapping at T10. Let me be the first to tell you that's great and you should pat yourself on the back. It took me some time to get used to the game and mapping when I first started.

Take a look at my current character's tree and follow that. You can ditch the leech nodes under the duelist area and go get soul raker at this point. I also decided to eventually ditch ambidexterous and focus on other areas. Your two rare jewels are pretty bad. You should find jewels with life and 2-3 damage mods that APPLY to your build. For example, you have one that gives phys damage to 2h weapons.

Your BoR could have a better life roll but that's the last thing I would attack.

Your boots are pretty decent but you should scour off the DEX and add lightning res.

You can also start wearing a "real" belt at this point. You can probably find one that's not too expensive. I even have a couple I could sell you real cheaply. Same with gloves.

Jewelry is pretty bad in that it has no real life on it. Both rings have two good resists but no phys and no life = no bueno. You could ditch vaal haste for a bit (put a chest on before you put the BoR on) and level that and other gems in your chest. Then you could find another ring that keeps you up to speed until you find better gear. Amulet is in the same class as the rings. Need to find something with INT and life and phys or crit multi.

Hit me up in game and we can work on it together later if you want.

Haha, I have never owned a Subaru but do love them, thus the name!

Thanks so much for the great info man! Everything you said makes sense and gives me something to work on. I just need some luck with drops so i can get the currency needed. I will also update my passives with your suggestions.

If you wouldn't mind having a quick chat this evening about my setup that would be amazing man! I am based in the UK though, not sure if that works with your timezone?

Thanks again bud! Your help is very appreciated :)
"
drinkturps wrote:
Hi Say_Ten, I've been following your guide. I rarely post here despite playing this for over 4 years but wanted to say I am having so much fun with this build. I play casually so I rarely get to see the endgame but I thought I should say thank you! It's an entertaining build and I play games to enjoy myself and I'm having a blast with this character.

Managed to buy my BoR and a pair of Scaevas really cheap and now I'm running around like a HAM. Not quite sure which direction to take next. Should I stick with my swords and go and grab some 1 handed crit and Fencing alternating with life nodes?

My gloves and boots can certainly be upgraded at some point and I'm currently running around in low tier maps quite happily with 4.5k life. Just wondering when I get to T10 maps if I'm going to struggle. I wonder if you could take a look at my assassin for me and impart some of your wisdom.

thank you for the murderous words.

i would spec into claws since wasp nest and other unique ones are strong enough and cheap AF.

i can sell you better boots and gloves real cheap. prolly some flasks too. hit me up in game.

some changes i would make to your tree eventually but dont need to go crazy with that yet. however you can look at my current one if youre curious.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
poojis wrote:
Hi,

1) i usually get one good accuracy roll on one of my rings. check my character. besides a small amount from the phys/acc combo on my main hand (55 total), that's the only item i have that increases accuracy and my chance to hit is still good. i think it's 88 or 89 right now but i'd have to look...and keep in mind that's for enemies that are your level, so it's likely a lot higher.

2) crit multi all the way. your base crit chance with something like ToA should be at least 40% but probably more like 45%.

3) 20/20 blood rage is a lot of attack speed and with life on hit claws it is a lot more than you can regen. but if you want to go vaal pact, that's fine. you would do some reorganizing of the tree but not much. you may also want to invest in leech based claws instead of life on hit ones.

4) yes, check my character's tree. if you ditch the leech nodes and find a way to ditch that INT node (via gear), you can take Soul Raker, which is excellent.

Your gear looks pretty good for level 69. For the crafted mods, you could always craft up a tier eventually if you like. I have level 7 masters if you need me to do it.

Say_Ten, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I optimized my tree to reach heart seeker. But now after looking at your tree, makes more sense to get claw damage nodes and attack speed along with some life/evasion nodes along.
Few more things
1) Prioritize life nodes until level 75
Prioritize claw damage and att speed nodes until 90
then go for crit chance > 90 ----- Is this order correct?
2) Any suggestions to improve my gear? I now have decent accuracy, which is around 3.2k and about 95% hit chance for my level
3) what is the balance? 5k life and more damage on tree or 6k life with more life nodes and less damage on the tree?
4) Question about Lgoh and vaalpact.
with lgoh assuming u get 90 life per hit and 10 hits per second = 900life/sec
leech for 5k life in 20% = 1000 max life leech rate and to reach that with so much damage is 1000/0.8 sec
life regen about 300 life/sec
total would be about 2200 life leech/sec when you are in combat and that means it takes 2 secs to fully regen when you are almost 1 shot. is my calculation correct? If so how vaal pact is different, is it more than 2200 life leech/per sec?
5) Why only 50% crit chance because we are always criting based on full life or low life?
6) For crafting, can you help me plz with lvl 7 masters? just that I dont want to waste a bit of currency yet on my currently crappy gear. So any pointers especially on that? Is this where I whisper - Strike_You_Out
Last edited by poojis on Sep 7, 2017, 2:05:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info