[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

New player, started a Shadow with my g/f last night. I'm gonna follow this build just for "violently megafucked". Perfect 5/7, will gleefully skullfuck faces soon.

Thanks for the build, brother!
Hey, thanks for the guide I'm really enjoying the build.

This is my first real playthrough for the game so I'm super nooby but think I've headed in the pseudo right direction.

I am stubborn though and really wanted to try the daggers version of this build.

I've kind of hit a wall in progression though and was just wondering if you could point me in general direction for what to look for next in gear or if I issed something. Thanks again like I said I'm pretty new so any suggestions would be amazing!

Cheers.
Well i just grabbed a new gemini claw today that added a decent chunk. 237 on my gemini and 279 on my imperial with another 77 ele. I also picked up a better BoR but not as good as yours by a long shot. Definitely need to work on my jewels/amu/gloves and my boots are decent. Sitting with auras up im around 55k DPS, with flasks and blood rage im around 80K... Ive been handling T8 maps decent depending on the map/boss but dont think i can go much farther than that without better gear. I will say this is a very satisfying build to play, as i like to smash shit :)
Last edited by gunfromsako on Aug 21, 2017, 7:15:17 PM
"
zealtron wrote:
Hey there, been having a blast with this build and am wondering how to scale up damage even further. Just about done grabbing DPS nodes and I'm sitting between 300-400k on my dual strike with all buffs active.

My current goals are better claws and a taste of hate, but is there anything more I can do? I tried playing around with some abyssus setups and the damage skyrocketed. However, my survivability went down the gutter. It feels like the only way left is rolling/acquiring gg rares and that just doesn't feel interesting to me.

Last of all, I'd like to express my thanks for sharing this build. Been awhile since I've enjoyed playing poe this much. Cheers!

is that including flasks? i mean...that's pretty freaking good.

your boots could have an enchant that kives you more DPS

your amulet could have a LOT of flat phys on it

your gloves can roll flat phys

you can get a BoR enchant for Dual Strike

all of that would give you a ton of damage without even changing your weapons. to outmatch ToA you need some decent rares...

survivability could be assisted by getting better life rolls on your gear. amulet and the ring on the right (when viewing character inventory) specifically. technically all of your gear could have better life rolls, but depends on how much you wanna tweak things.

lastly, you could try to find a jewel with life and double damage to replace the rare one you have, which would benefit you in both ways.

i don't think any of your gear is currently super expensive, so upgrading shouldn't be terrible, but we all have our own thresholds of what is fun and what isn't.
"
MarvixYo wrote:

you don't have nearly enough life. some of your items can have life crafted on them for a quick boost. uber izaro was hitting me for about 5k life the other day. not sure if you are dying to that or traps, but you need to upgrade your gear eventually.
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
New player, started a Shadow with my g/f last night. I'm gonna follow this build just for "violently megafucked". Perfect 5/7, will gleefully skullfuck faces soon.

Thanks for the build, brother!

Fuck on, motherfucker!
"
Hexiconicon wrote:
Hey, thanks for the guide I'm really enjoying the build.

This is my first real playthrough for the game so I'm super nooby but think I've headed in the pseudo right direction.

I am stubborn though and really wanted to try the daggers version of this build.

I've kind of hit a wall in progression though and was just wondering if you could point me in general direction for what to look for next in gear or if I issed something. Thanks again like I said I'm pretty new so any suggestions would be amazing!

Cheers.

Pick up another Bino's if they are still cheap...it will be better than your current off-hand weapon. You want something with at least 7% base crit chance and at least 240pdps (if you are searching trade). Unique weapons don't have to follow all the rules if they offer good properties, like the life regen from Bino's. It won't help you in one-on-one fights (with no adds) but it will surely help with mapping.

Hopefully you saw the FAQ section on daggers...

Definitely need gear with more life, while keeping your resists capped. Read through the gear guide again. Maybe focus on one piece at a time, especially if you are new. It's a lot to handle at once. Feel free to add me and I can help you in game.

Good luck and let me know if you have more questions.
"
gunfromsako wrote:
Well i just grabbed a new gemini claw today that added a decent chunk. 237 on my gemini and 279 on my imperial with another 77 ele. I also picked up a better BoR but not as good as yours by a long shot. Definitely need to work on my jewels/amu/gloves and my boots are decent. Sitting with auras up im around 55k DPS, with flasks and blood rage im around 80K... Ive been handling T8 maps decent depending on the map/boss but dont think i can go much farther than that without better gear. I will say this is a very satisfying build to play, as i like to smash shit :)

fellow smasher of shit,

thank you. your BoR is on par with my current one in Harbinger. Less life but more AR/EVA.

you need more life. you can craft life on the left ring. you can easily find way better gloves than that. same goes for the amulet. do you know how to search for stuff on poe.trade?

hit me up in game if you want help.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

you don't have nearly enough life. some of your items can have life crafted on them for a quick boost. uber izaro was hitting me for about 5k life the other day. not sure if you are dying to that or traps, but you need to upgrade your gear eventually.

You items gives only 144, lets say 200 ... what 200 will do ^^
"
MarvixYo wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

You items gives only 144, lets say 200 ... what 200 will do ^^

The total increased maximum life on all of your items, including bonuses from strength, is 332. Plus you have no jewels with % increased maximum life on them.

For me, the numbers are 631 and 13%. If you research the math behind the game mechanics, base life affects the total life pool a LOT.

Am I missing something else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info