[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Hi there. I want to tell you I really enjoy this build as my first character in the game. It's been fun since the beginning, but it's even better after BoR. Currently I'm almost finished with act 3 in merciless, and almost everything was a breeze (except some breaches or rogue exile encounters, but oh well). I guess I'll see how things turn out later in those atlas maps (or whatever they're called).

I have some questions though. First thing is, what's your final verdict on Might and Influence? It sounds good to use another damage support (like Added Fire) instead of Splash, but M&I deals only off-hand splash damage, which is a lot less (and there's the smaller AOE as well).

Second thing is, is it really worth running the CWDT + Immortal Call setup? The duration is less than a second, it doesn't seem too much to me... I've read other setups like CWDT + Ice Spear + Power Charge on Crit + Crit Chance, or CWDT + Blade Vortex + Curse on Hit + Curse, and they sound interesting as well. What're your thoughts on this?
Last edited by gnorbert17 on May 2, 2017, 12:08:25 PM
"
gnorbert17 wrote:
Hi there. I want to tell you I really enjoy this build as my first character in the game. It's been fun since the beginning, but it's even better after BoR. Currently I'm almost finished with act 3 in merciless, and almost everything was a breeze (except some breaches or rogue exile encounters, but oh well). I guess I'll see how things turn out later in those atlas maps (or whatever they're called).

I have some questions though. First thing is, what's your final verdict on Might and Influence? It sounds good to use another damage support (like Added Fire) instead of Splash, but M&I deals only off-hand splash damage, which is a lot less (and there's the smaller AOE as well).

Second thing is, is it really worth running the CWDT + Immortal Call setup? The duration is less than a second, it doesn't seem too much to me... I've read other setups like CWDT + Ice Spear + Power Charge on Crit + Crit Chance, or CWDT + Blade Vortex + Curse on Hit + Curse, and they sound interesting as well. What're your thoughts on this?

thanks for the feedback!

i was like the MaI jewel. i was playing SSF so my DPS was a little beat but i think it is worth it. should probably try one on standard but i am lazy and taking a break from games right now.

CWDT is up to you. i like how it protects me from being two shot quickly. spells won't do enough damage so you really need to pick something that's defensive outright or a curse...just anything but a spell strictly for damage. artic breath is a good example of a spell that is defensive due to it's chilling AOE.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

thanks for the feedback!

i was like the MaI jewel. i was playing SSF so my DPS was a little beat but i think it is worth it. should probably try one on standard but i am lazy and taking a break from games right now.

CWDT is up to you. i like how it protects me from being two shot quickly. spells won't do enough damage so you really need to pick something that's defensive outright or a curse...just anything but a spell strictly for damage. artic breath is a good example of a spell that is defensive due to it's chilling AOE.

Hey Say_ten, I really like your build concept! I just want to know if you've finished all endgame content, and how much the entire build cost? I'm probably going to make this my next character after I finish my current one
2 points ... is there a possibility to build from Scion and take Vaal Pact ?? And also, replacing Claws with Dagguers greatly undermines the build?
Started playing again after taking a long break. I opted to spec into your build from a viper strike build. I know my gear needs some love. Any suggestions on where to start? I've only been messing around on T4 & below maps with your build. I've only died a few times, which was operator error. Like I stated I know my gear needs some work. Just not sure where I should begin? Any assistance will be appreciated.
The low level skill tree links 20/40 seem to have quit working. I am getting a blank scion tree when I click them. 60/80/100/ typical high are working though.
Trying out this build for the 1 week league and it's awesome so far (only ever died during Daresso and Malachai fights...as with all my builds lol) except I took a minor spin to the passive tree to suit my needs a bit.

Will try it out during 3.0 beta after the anticipated wipe to see if it's still viable.

edit: Also just wanted to say this build brings me way back to beta when I attempted my own claw Lightning Strike Multistrike build (and failing spectacularly, twice lol). I see this, roll the build, and use my new knowledge to improve what I have failed back then in 2013. Thank you for bringing me those days again.
猿も木から落ちる。
원숭이도 나무에서 떨어질 때가 있다.
Even monkeys fall from trees.

Started playing beta in March 2013, quit in March 2014, came back in March 2017, and is addicted ever since. (inb4 I quit in March 2018 (lol didn't happen yay))
Last edited by NnK_Oliver on Jun 16, 2017, 3:39:41 PM
"
samlzy1993 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

thanks for the feedback!

Hey Say_ten, I really like your build concept! I just want to know if you've finished all endgame content, and how much the entire build cost? I'm probably going to make this my next character after I finish my current one

I'm pretty casual and I'm taking some time off lately...have not done Uber Atziri but don't think she would be a problem. Same with Guardians and Shaper...really comes down to how well you can anticipate and dodge attacks a lot of times.
"
mugwara wrote:
2 points ... is there a possibility to build from Scion and take Vaal Pact ?? And also, replacing Claws with Dagguers greatly undermines the build?

Really up to you...but unless they chance the Scion ascendancy to make it better (which I believe they will eventually do) it's not worth it.
"
Started playing again after taking a long break. I opted to spec into your build from a viper strike build. I know my gear needs some love. Any suggestions on where to start? I've only been messing around on T4 & below maps with your build. I've only died a few times, which was operator error. Like I stated I know my gear needs some work. Just not sure where I should begin? Any assistance will be appreciated.

Been taking a break but let me know if you still need help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info