[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
DDukA wrote:
Hey Say_Ten!

I am considering shadow build for starting the leauges and solo self-found thats coming up next league.
I have played this build last league and it was freaking awesome. Wanted to know your opinion on what shadow build is the best for solo self-found and weather this build can be on of those because I would love to try this again :D

Thanks in advance!

Absolutely. I play solo about 90% of the time and personally I think it's easier unless you have some dedicated aura bitch.

The only thing that might take some time is getting a BoR but you can try to farm cards for one and even if you don't happen to get one then you just rock a good rare helm and armor for the time being.

All of my builds can be rolled relatively cheaply, which is the entire point. It's when you want to start min-maxing or getting a ton of DPS that you have to spend more. I think this build is a perfect candidate for SSF.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
DDukA wrote:
Hey Say_Ten!

I am considering shadow build for starting the leauges and solo self-found thats coming up next league.
I have played this build last league and it was freaking awesome. Wanted to know your opinion on what shadow build is the best for solo self-found and weather this build can be on of those because I would love to try this again :D

Thanks in advance!

Absolutely. I play solo about 90% of the time and personally I think it's easier unless you have some dedicated aura bitch.

The only thing that might take some time is getting a BoR but you can try to farm cards for one and even if you don't happen to get one then you just rock a good rare helm and armor for the time being.

All of my builds can be rolled relatively cheaply, which is the entire point. It's when you want to start min-maxing or getting a ton of DPS that you have to spend more. I think this build is a perfect candidate for SSF.

Well thanks very much for answering, I think this is gonna be the one to start with, because I love melee skills and I only play shadow :D

Big thanks again and good luck!!
Hmm I'm struggling with getting the helmet enchant, the odds are so crappy :(
Current gear :
Spoiler

And Im kind of lacking surva in higher maps.How would you fix that?
"
isgz wrote:
Hmm I'm struggling with getting the helmet enchant, the odds are so crappy :(
Current gear :
Spoiler

And Im kind of lacking surva in higher maps.How would you fix that?

Did you cap your lightning resist?

Helm enchant is tough. I've only gotten lucky a handful of times with enchants for my own builds. Sometimes it is more efficient to buy one, but my strategy is to have two so even if you get a decent roll on one (for yourself or to sell) you can still roll the other one.

Also how much life do you have? Looks like it is probably low.

What are you considering "higher" maps?
Hey Say_ten!

Thank you so much for the help in game!

Sadly I fucked up my maligo glvoes because I thought it was Str based for some reason and wanted to roll 4 red...so 600 chroms later, back to GGGG. So FML lol.

So in the meanwhile, I'm using the gloves you got me. Got 4 reds with 1 chrom.

"
blizz99 wrote:
Hey Say_ten!

Thank you so much for the help in game!

Sadly I fucked up my maligo glvoes because I thought it was Str based for some reason and wanted to roll 4 red...so 600 chroms later, back to GGGG. So FML lol.

So in the meanwhile, I'm using the gloves you got me. Got 4 reds with 1 chrom.

No problem man. Thought I gave you boots that would work with the CWDT setup?
Nice build

i'm using it right now and have a question

what jewels do you use?

thanks
"
BuddySue wrote:
Nice build

i'm using it right now and have a question

what jewels do you use?

thanks

I think I posted something about this in here but so you don't have to go diggjng:

It's pretty straightforward. There aren't any unique jewels worth using yet so ideally go for life and triple damage that applies to everything (i.e. Melee damage is good but take "damage" or "physical damage" over it). Crit multi is your friend.
well fuckers, GEAR UP

2.6 is bringing buffs to one handed weapons, claw nodes and you can get a legacy BoR

see you in hell
hey

ive been leveling a shadow following this build when it was 2.5(absolutely loving it), are there any major tree changes for the build with 2.6. Im only lvl 43. I thought i read that they moved where vitality void was in the tree and some other things, and didnt know if this was going affect where my points go.

then again i dont know if they have a working 2.6 skill tree to play with up yet.

thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info