[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"You have died 113 times." lol can you help me out man? I think my gear looks decent but I'm dying a lot.
"
silentkarl wrote:
"You have died 113 times." lol can you help me out man? I think my gear looks decent but I'm dying a lot.

Just means you are going balls f*ckin deep!

Yeah, did you friend me in game?

I'll be on later this afternoon and I can see if I have some upgrades for you.

We need to recraft some of your stuff and get you some flasks at a minimum.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Jan 4, 2017, 6:36:13 AM
Do you think it would be viable to run increased critical damage/chance instead of added fire damage? Or would that gimp the DPS?

In that case, you could exchange the melee splash for fire damage + increased critical for conc effect on bosses or something. Otherwise, do you have any good tips for boss setups? In exchange for melee splash.
"
ahlmeister wrote:
Do you think it would be viable to run increased critical damage/chance instead of added fire damage? Or would that gimp the DPS?

In that case, you could exchange the melee splash for fire damage + increased critical for conc effect on bosses or something. Otherwise, do you have any good tips for boss setups? In exchange for melee splash.

Hey, thought I covered this, but I have swapped to crit multi in place of added fire full time.

For single target damage I have three options (all remove Splash):

1) WED - most applicable, most of the time

2) added fire - most damage if enemies are resistant to cold and lightning

3) ancestral war chief - total damage is actually highest if you factor in the totem and all the buffs it gets from the BoR plus the buffs it gives you and the aggro factor...for most bosses it is just too slow (I can kill most bosses in 3 seconds or less so F putting a totem up) or not necessarily ideal if there are strong adds

Only way you could do crit strikes is if you had a white socket...and this would be tough if you want a good enchant since you would have to get the enchant first before trying to get a white socket without bricking it or whatever

FWIW you CAN swap out CoH and AM with the two crit gems on lightning strike for more damage in certain situations like hexproof maps. Just harder to get power charges. Plus no life on kill which is great for trash in breaches.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
ahlmeister wrote:

Hey, thought I covered this, but I have swapped to crit multi in place of added fire full time.

Oh ok, I might've missed it!
Ok. Do you reckon critical multi is more effective than conc. effect for bosses?

Might seem like a stupid question, I'm kinda new ;).

Great guide, having lots of fun with it. Currently breezing through tier 6-9 maps on lvl 74 without spending more than 10c
"
ahlmeister wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
ahlmeister wrote:

Oh ok, I might've missed it!
Ok. Do you reckon critical multi is more effective than conc. effect for bosses?

Might seem like a stupid question, I'm kinda new ;).

Great guide, having lots of fun with it. Currently breezing through tier 6-9 maps on lvl 74 without spending more than 10c

yeah, go crit multi full time and swap in one of those red gems because splash reduces damage to a single target

thanks dude...keep kicking ass and feel free to hit me up if you have more questions, here or in game
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
silentkarl wrote:

Just means you are going balls f*ckin deep!

Yeah, did you friend me in game?

I'll be on later this afternoon and I can see if I have some upgrades for you.

We need to recraft some of your stuff and get you some flasks at a minimum.

Added you! I'll be back in a couple hours tho
Yea I might be just going deep ahah

EDIT:
Thanks for helping me out in-game :D
Last edited by silentkarl on Jan 4, 2017, 5:54:02 PM
"
silentkarl wrote:

Added you! I'll be back in a couple hours tho
Yea I might be just going deep ahah

EDIT:
Thanks for helping me out in-game :D

no problem man
Hey pretty oldschool solid melee build mate :)

Trying it actually, cost me 60 regrets xD
What's the highest content you've been walking upon yet?Any uber/guardians/shaper try?

what about vaal pact btw
Last edited by isgz on Jan 5, 2017, 2:24:04 PM
"
isgz wrote:
Hey pretty oldschool solid melee build mate :)

Trying it actually, cost me 60 regrets xD
What's the highest content you've been walking upon yet?Any uber/guardians/shaper try?

what about vaal pact btw

T15 and unique maps, Uber lab, Atziri...I'm a casual player and saved all my endgame maps for a rainy day last league.

Vaal Pact ditches life regen and it's a LITTLE out of the way. I prefer to not use it so I have some regen to combat the regen from blood rage, which gets you the frenzy charges.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Jan 5, 2017, 6:30:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info