[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Have been enjoying the builda lot, thanks so much for posting. Like other users, my defences seem to be an issue, and I was wondering how useful some of the block talents would be instead of some of the lesser dps choices? e.g. the left hand side of the dual wielding tree gives another 7% block and block recovery, and still provides some extra damage as well.

Also in terms of uniques, I picked up a couple that seem okay with the build (prior to very high level end game of course) - the new Halycon amulet combines really well with the Touch of Anguish claws, giving you a 30% chance to freeze and a massive damage boost whenever you freeze and kill something. I also ended up sticking on some Snakebite assassins mits as well, as the stacking frenzy charge buff seemed quite handy.

Cheers for the build!
"
voidhawk66 wrote:
Have been enjoying the builda lot, thanks so much for posting. Like other users, my defences seem to be an issue, and I was wondering how useful some of the block talents would be instead of some of the lesser dps choices? e.g. the left hand side of the dual wielding tree gives another 7% block and block recovery, and still provides some extra damage as well.

Also in terms of uniques, I picked up a couple that seem okay with the build (prior to very high level end game of course) - the new Halycon amulet combines really well with the Touch of Anguish claws, giving you a 30% chance to freeze and a massive damage boost whenever you freeze and kill something. I also ended up sticking on some Snakebite assassins mits as well, as the stacking frenzy charge buff seemed quite handy.

Cheers for the build!

Keep in mind more uniques = less resistances and life, which are critical to survival. That being said, I encourage everyone to learn the old fashioned way by getting out there and trying stuff out.

Hit me up in game if you are having issues and I will try to help.
Is there any actual benefit to using Dual Strike over say Blade Flurry? Or is it just for the look of ultra speed?

Im just about to the point of putting on the BoR and the Claws (65 atm) but I really am not feeling dual strike anymore, not sure why. Just feels like you could throw in another ability that has built in aoe and drop the melee splash gem and pick up something more useful.

Any thoughts?
"
Killzu wrote:
Is there any actual benefit to using Dual Strike over say Blade Flurry? Or is it just for the look of ultra speed?

Im just about to the point of putting on the BoR and the Claws (65 atm) but I really am not feeling dual strike anymore, not sure why. Just feels like you could throw in another ability that has built in aoe and drop the melee splash gem and pick up something more useful.

Any thoughts?

Blade Flurry is good. It is also a disruptive skill being that it is "Melee" but there is no direct contact with anything. When it first came out, I leveled a gem to like 17 and swapped it in for Dual Strike, not realizing that I was not benefitting from Splash or Multistrike, and I was still toasting shit. BF is a good option, but you're right, it's a different feel.

I would recommend trying DS once you get the BoR on because it is a game changer. On top of that, when HoA and Splash are 20/20 and you are doing a lot of damage, the AOE is great. I can also clear packs faster than my friend who is playing BF...but I see the utility in both.

Going BF means no Splash or Multistrike gems, which means you can do something like BF/Crit Multi/Crit/Poison and could also experiment with the poison and bleed ascendancy nodes.
I actually got to start using BoR and the Claws yesterday. I was using BF already cause it was feeling good and had swapped out the lightning strike setup for herald of ice to get my curse applying.

It feels really good but now I kinda fear im playing a different build and the passive tree for this build may be suboptimal for a blade flurry build. Not really sure.

Maybe i'll swap back to dual strike and see how it feels now that I have all the components. Im still leveling gems in off weapons so it'll be nice to see how both skills play out with higher gem levels.

Any thoughts on the skill tree using BF instead of DS?

Edit: Am using BF/Inc. AoE/Inc Crit Dmg/Melee Dmg on Full Life - in BoR for links
Last edited by Killzu on Dec 31, 2016, 9:23:06 AM
"
Killzu wrote:
I actually got to start using BoR and the Claws yesterday. I was using BF already cause it was feeling good and had swapped out the lightning strike setup for herald of ice to get my curse applying.

It feels really good but now I kinda fear im playing a different build and the passive tree for this build may be suboptimal for a blade flurry build. Not really sure.

Maybe i'll swap back to dual strike and see how it feels now that I have all the components. Im still leveling gems in off weapons so it'll be nice to see how both skills play out with higher gem levels.

Any thoughts on the skill tree using BF instead of DS?

Edit: Am using BF/Inc. AoE/Inc Crit Dmg/Melee Dmg on Full Life - in BoR for links

You're fine. It's a crit attack tree. If you don't end up using claws, ditch those nodes.

Swap MoFL for Added Fire or WED...or even something else I just tried recently: Ancestral Warchief. That fucker will benefit from the BoR and you will benefit from him.
Using the claws for now but as I understand it BF cant chain so seems like it may be worth it to upgrade them. That tip for Ancestral Warchief is Priceless!! Thanks for that.

Gonna continue with BF, really liking the skill in the BoR! Thanks for starting me off with this nice build, well done!
Last edited by Killzu on Jan 1, 2017, 2:49:40 AM
"
Killzu wrote:
Using the claws for now but as I understand it BF cant chain so seems like it may be worth it to upgrade them. That tip for Ancestral Warchief is Priceless!! Thanks for that.

Gonna continue with BF, really liking the skill in the BoR! Thanks for starting me off with this nice build, well done!

You got it!
Edit: Figured it Out
Last edited by Killzu on Jan 2, 2017, 4:00:10 AM
Hey, just a quick question. What do you think about Noxious Strike over Deadly Infusion with 3 Power Charges?

EDIT: Thanks for in-game answer.
Last edited by Astim on Jan 2, 2017, 5:26:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info