[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
blizz99 wrote:
I'm doing it! Finally got my BoR and damn dat blood and damage is sexy. A lot of damage was missing because I was not running HoA either. For the defense apartment, I have to figure out a way to fit the defense skill gems in somewhere. Also I still need to max my res, I'm missing around 30% from fire. What should I do? What are some best ways to get rings and amulets that are actually half decent? I've been farming dried lake non-stop, maybe it's time for me to graduate to maps?

Excellent, my fellow destroyer.

Don't rush. Defense gems require the right color sockets. Eventually either your gloves or boots should be straight armor or armor hybrid to more easily get the 3 red sockets you need.

Maps are a good way to farm but be wary of that fire resist...don't run maps with extra fire damage.

Really you should just buy better stuff from another player via searching on POE.trade but it's up to you.
I'm having fun with this build, I'm still new at the game and it's only my second character. The first build I did without looking up any info on the game as I like to see things from my own eyes first.

I'm act 2 merciless and lvl 66 now and overall I can still face roll everything but every once in a while I'm getting one shot by trash mobs out of the blue, it's making leveling difficult. I'm not sure why suddenly I'll just die but when it happens it seems to happen a few times in a row and the exp loss is painful.

My armor is super low right now though and evade chance is only around 45% iirc. I'm not sure if I should just ignore exp and run on through the story in hopes of finding gear or go back and farm someplace I'm already past.
Last edited by teknik1200 on Jan 19, 2017, 7:29:28 PM
"
teknik1200 wrote:
I'm having fun with this build, I'm still new at the game and it's only my second character. The first build I did without looking up any info on the game as I like to see things from my own eyes first.

I'm act 2 merciless and lvl 66 now and overall I can still face roll everything but every once in a while I'm getting one shot by trash mobs out of the blue, it's making leveling difficult. I'm not sure why suddenly I'll just die but when it happens it seems to happen a few times in a row and the exp loss is painful.

My armor is super low right now though and evade chance is only around 45% iirc. I'm not sure if I should just ignore exp and run on through the story in hopes of finding gear or go back and farm someplace I'm already past.

Resists capped?

How much life do you have?

Those are important.

Also you should be fine in act 2 merc at level 66

Link me your gear
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Resists capped?

Those are important.

Link me your gear

my resistances are still actually negative except fire and life is at 2.9k, I'm using a flask that gives +35 resistances.

I unlocked my character tab on the forum's privacy settings, is that how I link my gear? Sorry, second post here. I'm just starting to research the game now outside of looking up this skill tree a couple weeks ago. I'm assuming my issues are mostly gear related, I haven't figured out if I'll be able to find gear myself or if I'll need to start looking into trades as well. I'd like to find as much as I can myself as that sweet satisfaction of a nice find is what keeps me hooked on the grind.

I'm mostly fine outside of the random one shots and they tend to happen in unexpected situations from low level enemies when most of the mob is already dead.

cheers!
Last edited by teknik1200 on Jan 19, 2017, 11:57:12 PM
"
teknik1200 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Resists capped?

Those are important.

Link me your gear

my resistances are still actually negative except fire and life is at 2.9k, I'm using a flask that gives +35 resistances.

I unlocked my character tab on the forum's privacy settings, is that how I link my gear? Sorry, second post here. I'm just starting to research the game now outside of looking up this skill tree a couple weeks ago. I'm assuming my issues are mostly gear related, I haven't figured out if I'll be able to find gear myself or if I'll need to start looking into trades as well. I'd like to find as much as I can myself as that sweet satisfaction of a nice find is what keeps me hooked on the grind.

I'm mostly fine outside of the random one shots and they tend to happen in unexpected situations from low level enemies when most of the mob is already dead.

cheers!

Definitely a resistance problem. Need to start working on that asap. Then life.

To link gear, what you did works but you can actually link pieces by temporarily clicking on your characters face at the top here, then click (once) each piece of gear you want to link, then minimize and continue he post.

I'll check your character now
Weapons, unset ring, belt and gloves are fine for now.

Else find stuff with life and res on it

You won't have to trade yet to find upgrades
Thanks!
Hello,

Could you explain why you keep Immortal Call and cast when hit, etc lvl's low?
"
blizz99 wrote:
Hello,

Could you explain why you keep Immortal Call and cast when hit, etc lvl's low?

So it goes off more often. Sometimes you can get hit multiple times in succession and this way it prevents you from dying in those situations, such as killing packs of porcupines.

You have to keep the other gems supported by CWDT at its level or lower.

However you can max out Increased Duration.
Hi, If mana presents a problem why dont you use soutaker siege axes in one of the hands? Its pretty cheap and really good. Is it because of the crit chance that you get from both the claws?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info