[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
rtpearl wrote:
Hey, I'm thinking of converting my frost blades character into this, is it really worth losing the Belly of the Beast? or should I 6 link my dual strike and 4 link my frost blades (suedo 5-6 link in gloves)

no, if you already have a belly, especially if it's 6L, you're golden. with a 5L you will get some defense but lose DPS, so that part is up to you.

with the skill gems, that's exactly what you would do. you can run CoH like most of us or if you don't want that you can just run a 4L setup.

i don't see what you're talking about with the gloves. assume you have some shaped/elder shit going on.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
you can upgrade one of your rings to a steel ring for more dps.

Can you give me an idea of what I should look for in steel rings? There are a few listed with 70 life, 200 acc, and 50 total resist for 1ex+. Is the 4-7 max flat phys really significant enough to replace Vaal Haste & the loss of life/resists?
"
you can get a BoR with a good enchant for your build on it (any DS one or LS pierce).

Haven't been able to find a single BoR with any DS enchant or the pierce but I will keep looking. Or maybe hope I roll one myself. Unfortunately I was rocking a corrupted BoR when I did my first ulab.
"
you could get more life out of a belt or get more damage by going to a stygian vise.

Am I looking for the same things on Abyss jewels as regular? That is, max life 35+ and 2 damage stats? Or is it worth it to just go pure damage on the abyss socket?
"
also make your flasks 20% quality you silly bastard

Didn't even know it did anything. Probably looked pretty weird seeing a taste of hate at 0% quality. Also, what kind of enchant would be ideal for boots? Or just whatever I can roll myself?
Thank you so much for the help & the build. Really fun to play, especially when I see what my friends playing are doing.
Last edited by BigBlappa on Mar 28, 2018, 6:34:05 PM
"
BigBlappa wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
you can upgrade one of your rings to a steel ring for more dps.

Can you give me an idea of what I should look for in steel rings? There are a few listed with 70 life, 200 acc, and 50 total resist for 1ex+. Is the 4-7 max flat phys really significant enough to replace Vaal Haste & the loss of life/resists?
"
you can get a BoR with a good enchant for your build on it (any DS one or LS pierce).

Haven't been able to find a single BoR with any DS enchant or the pierce but I will keep looking. Or maybe hope I roll one myself. Unfortunately I was rocking a corrupted BoR when I did my first ulab.
"
you could get more life out of a belt or get more damage by going to a stygian vise.

Am I looking for the same things on Abyss jewels as regular? That is, max life 35+ and 2 damage stats? Or is it worth it to just go pure damage on the abyss socket?
"
also make your flasks 20% quality you silly bastard

Didn't even know it did anything. Probably looked pretty weird seeing a taste of hate at 0% quality. Also, what kind of enchant would be ideal for boots? Or just whatever I can roll myself?
Thank you so much for the help & the build. Really fun to play, especially when I see what my friends playing are doing.

steel rings add up to 4-14 flat phys damage as an implicit stat and the max roll on flat phys as an affix is 9-15. there's a lot of meat left on that bone. you are looking in the right place. same stats. they will be expensive.

BoR you just have to luck out. if there isn't a DS one, you can find an LS one or possibly hatred, herald of ash, blood rage, anything we use...

abyss jewels have different stats, but yeah ideally life and 2-3 damage stats. you want life to make up for not using a leather or heavy base. you can get flat phys, phys on claws, crit multi and a bunch of other crazy shit with on-kill or on-hit mechanics, etc. start with life and some damage and then eventually look for upgrades if you want to do it incrementally.

for boots, i like the life and mana regen when you're hit, the life and mana leech, attack speed if you've killed recently...https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_boot_enchantment_mods
just 6-linked my Belly this morning before work so i chromed it and set it up. saw i was still at 10.99 APS without faster attacks, so even by using maim, you maintain great attack speed but pick up a lot of damage.

i think with the BoR setup i was around 206k (gems not 20 yet after i flipped them to q20) with 5360 life

by swapping to BoB and Starkonja's with a 40% Dual Strike damage enchant, it was up to 236k i think. and then full charged out it was maybe 480k? i'll have to check all these numbers as i was doing this in a rush at the asscrack of dawn.

also with this setup i picked up another 500 life. AR/EVA roughly the same, you lose 6% block chance and the ability to get endurance charges from blocking, which is rare anyway. but since i picked up some resists, i think i'm going to try swapping one of my rings (or both) to steel if i can afford it.

i can also check what the damage would be on a starkonja's without the DS enchant since i bought an LS pierce one the other day as well in anticipation of 6L the BoB that dropped for me awhile ago.

FYI: probably spent only 250-400 fuse doing that. got 5L maybe 5 times throughout the process as well.
You've got to balls to continue after 5L.
I bought a 1 socket belly and made it 6 sockets on my first try.
Took me 50 fuses however to get it to 5L.

Still not sure what I can change to make my dps even higher.
Skill dps is around 160k ish.
Normal dps is 23.5k

Resistances are almost capped (except fire at 67 or so)
4.5k hp.

I don't get oneshot anymore, not even on T6 maps.

Are there any significant changes I can make to my build?
I think I have about 90 chaos orbs in my stash.
Speaking of links.

I had the second best rng in gaming I've ever had two days ago and 6 linked two items on the same day with less than 200 fuses.
The other was some unique staff which I sold for 7ex and the other was my belly of the beast.

So immediately after this I decided to ditch the BoR and go the 6l chest route. I went to this thread of course to find someone with the belly of the beast setup and I saw smokerhells character and just blatantly copied most of it.

I have some questions for you smokerhell, if you dont mind.

Do you have the 5r socket belly of the beast for map farming and otherwise use 4r1b1g?

What auras do you use and when?
I must say this build is awesome. My lvl 67 Assassin is much stronger than my 81 lvl Gladiator from Legacy League, which I stopped playing after I reached T5 maps. I have 3.1k hp and over 20000 dps with Wasp Nest and a shitty offhand! I only died once to Act V Kitava, and once to Arakaali, because i haven't moved from the lasers once, and they all trashed me with my last char. I also breezed first two Labs, finished Cruel Lab on first try, and I consider myself a bad player. My biggest problem currently are Vorici missions.

I'm currently using 4L Belly of the Beast, which I will 6L and I might try BoR later when I amass enough Chaos.

Is there any good unique alternative for Starkonja? Also I have no idea what belt to swap Meginord with.
Last edited by Mare93 on Mar 30, 2018, 8:50:03 AM
"
You've got to balls to continue after 5L.
I bought a 1 socket belly and made it 6 sockets on my first try.
Took me 50 fuses however to get it to 5L.

Still not sure what I can change to make my dps even higher.
Skill dps is around 160k ish.
Normal dps is 23.5k

Resistances are almost capped (except fire at 67 or so)
4.5k hp.

I don't get oneshot anymore, not even on T6 maps.

Are there any significant changes I can make to my build?
I think I have about 90 chaos orbs in my stash.

that's 160k sitting in your hideout, i assume? if so, that's honestly great. your gems aren't 20/20.

mainly, you could level the fuck up, lol. you're missing out on 2 jewel sockets, a major DPS node (Strong Arm) and a bunch of strength along the way. additionally, you don't have a good lab enchant on your helm. you could buy one for maybe around 20c or so i would think with a decent life roll.

WTF are you doing with those flasks? follow my flask guide. as soon as you grab soul raker in the claw wheel you don't need mana potions. you're missing out on a lot of DPS but not using at least Atziri's Promise. also not sure how you are existing without an anti-bleed flask.

your jewelry has the flat phys and some resists and acc and INT but you could use more life too.

gloves, while fine, would be out-DPS'd by good rare gloves with flat phys and attack speed.

if you have balls you could corrupt that amulet and try to get a better implicit stat but you risk bricking it.
"
Mare93 wrote:
I must say this build is awesome. My lvl 67 Assassin is much stronger than my 81 lvl Gladiator from Legacy League, which I stopped playing after I reached T5 maps. I have 3.1k hp and over 20000 dps with Wasp Nest and a shitty offhand! I only died once to Act V Kitava, and once to Arakaali, because i haven't moved from the lasers once, and they all trashed me with my last char. I also breezed first two Labs, finished Cruel Lab on first try, and I consider myself a bad player. My biggest problem currently are Vorici missions.

I'm currently using 4L Belly of the Beast, which I will 6L and I might try BoR later when I amass enough Chaos.

Is there any good unique alternative for Starkonja? Also I have no idea what belt to use.

why use a shitty offhand? just buy another wasp nest for 1c.

lol @ vorici. guy's a [Removed by Support] but i love his fuse flow.

if you're 67 already, i would buy a cheap BoR and use that since, when compared with a 4L belly, you will probably double your DPS.

read the section in my guide for some unique helm ideas but i think that's the best one for us. read guide for ideal gear stats, including belt, and go from there. you want at least 80 life and at least 90% sum resists.

if any of you guys are on at the same time as me, feel free to hit me up. i usually keep shit for youngens like you that need help/gear and it ranges from free to cheap, unless you want something that's endgame level.

good luck!
Last edited by Al_GGG on Nov 5, 2019, 5:53:08 PM
Would 'increased Double Strike Critical Strike Chance' enchant on the helmet be good to have on your bringer of rain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info