[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

elemental damage on belt is weapon elemental damage, so it will do nothing for the spells. not effective for this build.

also instead of getting life leech, utilizing life gained on hit is great. you don't even need a support gem socket for it. on bosses you can curse them with poacher's mark which grants life and mana gained when hit by attacks (which barrage is).
since you're using quill rain and barrage you attack so often that this is usually sufficient for keeping your life pool up, in conjunction with hp pots and the like.

it won't aid you vs reflect maps or anything, but reflect mobs will be less severe for you if they are also a threat.
"
xMustard wrote:
elemental damage on belt is weapon elemental damage, so it will do nothing for the spells. not effective for this build.

also instead of getting life leech, utilizing life gained on hit is great. you don't even need a support gem socket for it. on bosses you can curse them with poacher's mark which grants life and mana gained when hit by attacks (which barrage is).
since you're using quill rain and barrage you attack so often that this is usually sufficient for keeping your life pool up, in conjunction with hp pots and the like.

it won't aid you vs reflect maps or anything, but reflect mobs will be less severe for you if they are also a threat.

Thx for the reply.
Usualy everything dies before they touch me but sometimes the burst damage is too high.
I might drop herald for warlords blasphemy for anything that comes close.
Would i lose too much crit grabing lethality and removing critical strikes gem?
I got my

today and a lightning coil.
I use hatred and warlord's mark blasphemy along with vaal pact.
Build feels much safer now,still raising my life pool,currently at 4.4k
84% accuracy feels terrible for the moment.
Overall it's a nice build,i hope it will get better with gear though.
yeah that is a ridiculously low amount of accuracy. my coc quill rain runs at 93%, but you need a lot of flat accuracy on gear (on my gloves, rings and quiver)
Is it usefull to get life gain on hit on ur jewels? Lets say u got get 2 jewels besides the unqiue one u need, that makes 6life gain on hit... Its not much but it might keep ur life pool up even easier?
"
Psycomantje wrote:
Is it usefull to get life gain on hit on ur jewels? Lets say u got get 2 jewels besides the unqiue one u need, that makes 6life gain on hit... Its not much but it might keep ur life pool up even easier?

From what I'm finding, a little life gain on hit would increase the quality of life of this build greatly. I'm finding the only regen I have is from flasks, which can get tedious.

And for people having mana problems, try a level 3 Barrage gem. It should cut down the cost of Barrage by quite a bit, and we're not counting on Barrage for damage, just for it to proc EK+Spark.
"
Psycomantje wrote:

I think the best solution is to run a blasphemy warlord's mark or/and a cwdt warlords mark.
I use both along with hatred for the shatter.
With vaal pact you can facetank anything with enough spell crit.
Lgoh on jewels will do nothing when you stand against beyond bosses for example.
Spell crit on witch and doomcast are worth more than frenzy charges and jewels imo when leeching with vaal pact.
Hello everyone

I want to ask a favour if anybody has time on hand to look at my Char.

The char is open for viewing.

So far I need some Crit. Multiplier it seems a bit low. What should I Aim for?

I just added on my gloves +Accuracy.

If I 5-link my bow what type of gem can I add.

Last question do I still need Essence Sap.

Tnx in advance.
Last edited by jgundlach on Jul 10, 2016, 5:14:41 AM
I am playing a Assassin Chaos Wander with KB on Hardcore Prophecy.

I need to level a new char because I get bored quick. :) Build looks nice and all, but does it have a good life pool? I want to be able to do UBERLAB and Pale Council.

Thanks for your build btw. you are an awesome teacher.
Thanks for the build I enjoy it greatly. I got to 86 (from scratch since I didn't have a shadow) and the build really picks up steam as you get geared up and grab the proper paths. I especially enjoy that the build employs both elemental and physical damage in amounts that I can run reflect maps (at least up to 10-11 tiers just taking the offending damage gem out) the dps is that good.

Just a few FYI's. I self cast my Ice Golem (max level) as per suggestions I read in the forum post - that is the way to go. And I took out all of the frenzy nodes since up till most of the time I forget to even use my curse. Yes, the dps is not the issue with this build. Now, eventually I suppose I will want some serious life gain on hit for various bosses so I will use the curse and frenzy. I am a bit of a glass cannon with only 4.2k life because I wanted to use some DPS uniques.

Anyway, as of now I can run any map with any and mods up to tier 11. NO FULL RETARD! LOL> I'll report back with red map results.

I played a lightning arrow character previously and the playstyle is similar. The differences are the map mod flexibility I mentioned above, the more (fun) visuals and sounds, the greater range and the knockback which is awesome.

Oh, and essence sap is not mandatory but I like it to make the playstyle a bit easier not having to worry about mana - that's the reason I don't run the anger aura either. I made room, though in my gear for a grace gem to use in the tougher fights.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Jul 12, 2016, 12:55:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info