Fairly disappointed in the microtransactions.

"
korvys wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Sorry but the game definitely isn't free.

"
Xavderion wrote:
You got the whole game for free

Wat.

Air is free. Sunshine is free. PoE is free. But there's still one difference. Think about it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
There's a lot more than one difference between Path of Exile and sunshine. But both of them are free to use, so that's not one of them.
"
Valmar wrote:
People love complaining. Even in a free game.
For all.
Amazing.

People complain because they like the game and want to see it improved. Even more than that, they complain about Path of Exile because unlike with a big megacorp's chain-produced game, you actually have a chance to be heard here, because the devs are a bunch of amazing people who care.

If I was in GGG's shoes, I'd want people to complain. What you don't want to see is people rapidly forgetting about the game without saying a word.

And to answer that idea, Russel, no, adding zeroes wouldn't help. 25 divided by 6 is no more whole than 250 divided by 60.

I realize it's a bit late to change anything because the microtransactions have already been up for a while, but I still hope to see that change one day. As I've said in another thread, I didn't expect such a scummy tactic from GGG. I don't expect you to just give Points away either, but I expected you guys to be honest about it.

If you give me a choice between two identical items, one brand is $5.99, the other brand is $6.00, I will take the $6.00 one, because the $5.99 brand are dishonest assholes. I'd like to buy POE points when I have the means, but if you're going to keep that scheme up, I might be tempted to buy ten 5$ pack in ten separate transactions just to drive up the fees, and tell my friends to do the same...
"
AzureFlash wrote:
As I've said in another thread, I didn't expect such a scummy tactic from GGG.

It is not a scummy tactic. They are incentivizing the higher tier purchases because to paraphrase Chris, they get eaten alive by transactions on small purchases. Chris has stated this and they say as much on purchase page. Would you really prefer they gave 45 points instead? Would that be better?

Additionally, you have no idea what price points might be made available in the future. Also, as I have stated elsewhere in this thread, what are they supposed to do if they put a 10 point transaction on sale? Discount it to 5 points? Not discount it at all because people will complain about an extra point here or there.

I get really annoyed reading replies in which people jump to the worst possible conclusion (scummy business tactics) despite the fact that everything else GGG has done has been respectable and responsible to the playerbase. But you give them no benefit of the doubt, and despite evidence to the contrary (openly stated desire to incentivize larger transactions due to transaction fees) you make hostile accusations.
Last edited by Britannicus on Feb 18, 2013, 11:49:24 PM
Though I respect GGG, I kinda agree with the OP. If you guys upped your points just a little, let's say:

$5: 50 points
$10: 110 points
$20: 230 points
$50: 580 points

etc...

Something like this. Give people more the more they purchase. I don't really see how you guys can lose out on it. I think it would actually make people more inclined to purchase more points for future releases, etc.

And to Russel: I really do not think it's too late to fix it. I am sure the community is understanding, and would actually welcome the notion of them getting more for their buck. It's not even a month into open beta, which is far from too late. So I think if you guys are considering it - which I really hope you are - you really should do it before it really is too late.

Love the game, love the Devs' involvement with the community, and would love to see the game become successful.
Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911509
Seems like op doesnt get the hint of the marketing, even though he described it detail by detail.
The OP is spot on.

The fan boys in this community are starting to become truly sickening.
"
Russell wrote:
Maybe we should have gone with this as well from what your saying. I guess getting 50 coins when charging 60 coins would look more appealing than the smaller numbers. However its now impossible to change as all this would lead to is ripping off our supporters.

10:1 base packages would most likely pay for themselves many times over longterm, and preventing "ripping off supporters" is as simple as crediting all previous sub 10:1 purchases with enough coins to raise them to 10:1.
IGN: KoTao
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
korvys wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Sorry but the game definitely isn't free.

"
Xavderion wrote:
You got the whole game for free

Wat.

Air is free. Sunshine is free. PoE is free. But there's still one difference. Think about it.

You seems to be running into the same problem I have. You're trying to be subtle, but it's ending up as obtuse.

I'm not getting it, but I'd be grateful if you'd enlighten me.
My own thread cover's a lot of points on this topic aswell but ill post my solution here.

Give us more for what we are paying for, if credit card costs are too high then give us more things for the god damn $20 USD we are paying.

1 weapon skin should not be $20 USD, thats just greed and you guys all know it no matter how fan boy you are.

Instead why don't you give a weapon skin, a head effect and a couple tash tabs for $20? Id gladly pay for that but there is no way in hell i will pay $7.50 or $10 for a weapon effect again.

I didnt like the ice crown and wanted to change, but $7.50 is just too much to pay for pixels.

The fan boys call me poor, not knowing i do have money, i just dont spend it on stupid deals that rip me off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info