Fairly disappointed in the microtransactions.

Please consider implementing a shopping cart and let us pay with real money. I will not buy points.
I myself like to stick with only a few characters.
What I don't get is that we get 24 character slots with only 4 stash tabs.
I don't need 24 slots, there should have been an option where you can choose.
for example get 3 less character slots and 1 stash tab more!
because with the size of items, and the amount of currencies you get, filling up 4 stash tabs goes very fast.
And sure I could buy 6 stash tabs for 15$ but I would feel it not a transaction to support the devs,
But a purchase what is needed.
IGN:WhereAreYourZombies
"
I respect and like to do business with honest companies. GGG's microtransaction system is one of the least honest I've ever seen.

It's in no way dishonest. It may not be to your liking, but that falls far short of meeting the criteria for dishonesty.

All pricing is up front. You know exactly what you're going to get for your money and it is up to you to decide if you feel you're getting enough bang for your buck. There is no deception involved.

Words have meanings. If you use them properly, you wind up communicating. Use them improperly (i.e. ignore the meaning of the words you use) and you sacrifice communication and/or credibility.
"
Torin wrote:
Nobody is here doing what you are saying.

Like every Diamond supporter, he spent more than 1000$ on PoE.
I'm pretty sure he know what he's talking about.

"
Torin wrote:
And greed is not what this is about.

Greed is the attraction for possession above the need for survival.
So yes, anything purely cosmetic is 100% greed.

"
Torin wrote:
We are just giving feedback that GGG will not sell much of what they offer at current quality/price.

No, you're just complaining about GGG pricing policy.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not successful, let GGG judge that - they're the only ones who know what product/pricing are the most successful/profitable.

You need to understand that GGG will always offer the highest quality content at very high price to give the biggest supporter a nice way of spending their points (remember, some players have thousands of point to spend every month).
And it should be obvious that a 1$ effect won't look as nice as a 100$ effect, or they should be priced the same.

If you want to complain about how small transaction end up wasting points because you have no way to spend 6 points so you end up wasting money twice, that's legitimate (and the point of this thread).
If you want to complain about the price of stash tab, that's understandable (but already discussed in other threads).
But if you're just bitching about some cosmetic item being overpriced, that's ridiculous.
It's like complaining than a brand new Ferrari cost more than an used Sedan when you only use the train.
"
Russell wrote:
Just saying. A lot of games iv played have the same system as us. Except they add when you buy more. However the end result is the same because they will charge in 600-700 instead of 500 increments. I know this because I have gotten stuck with 100-200 coins in other games many times before. Only when I bought the cheaper packs however. If I went with the 20$ pack it would have boosted me those extra 200-300 points I needed to buy a new item.

Maybe we should have gone with this as well from what your saying. I guess getting 50 coins when charging 60 coins would look more appealing than the smaller numbers. However its now impossible to change as all this would lead to is ripping off our supporters.

Its a bit sucky but developers need money to keep working.

No doubt we will have sales and so on on items once we get a lot more.

imo what most people don't like is that you get an odd currency amount for the 2 small packages - imo just make the first 2 packs give
50 points for 5.5$
and 100 points for 10.5$
yes what they are paying isn't in 5$ increments anymore but ppl won't feel like they will always end up with odd leftover points - or introduce something that that costs 1 point (some kind of one use fireworks maybe?)
IGN: Lyandria
"
Ibete wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
Nobody is here doing what you are saying.

Like every Diamond supporter, he spent more than 1000$ on PoE.
I'm pretty sure he know what he's talking about.

You missunderstand. This was for his claim that we want all best for 1$.

"
Ibete wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
And greed is not what this is about.

Greed is the attraction for possession above the need for survival.
So yes, anything purely cosmetic is 100% greed.

Them playing this game and owning a computer is greed. Then USA are the greediest country in the world because they got most luxury. Drop the stupid talk please, we are not children here (at least I am not).

"
Ibete wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
We are just giving feedback that GGG will not sell much of what they offer at current quality/price.

No, you're just complaining about GGG pricing policy.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not successful, let GGG judge that - they're the only ones who know what product/pricing are the most successful/profitable.

One man complaining is another man feedback. But it has same purpose to give information to someone, in this case GGG. Yes, only they know if their pricing model is giving them expected returns, but I am still free to say I and many others will not and can not buy the current offerings, either due to price, quality or lack of choice (I for one don't care for any of the pets offered).

"
Ibete wrote:
You need to understand that GGG will always offer the highest quality content at very high price to give the biggest supporter a nice way of spending their points (remember, some players have thousands of point to spend every month).
And it should be obvious that a 1$ effect won't look as nice as a 100$ effect, or they should be priced the same.

If you want to complain about how small transaction end up wasting points because you have no way to spend 6 points so you end up wasting money twice, that's legitimate (and the point of this thread).
If you want to complain about the price of stash tab, that's understandable (but already discussed in other threads).
But if you're just bitching about some cosmetic item being overpriced, that's ridiculous.
It's like complaining than a brand new Ferrari cost more than an used Sedan when you only use the train.

I understand the need to give people with more money some more shiny stuff. I am just saying the current offerings are not good enough for low paying customers. If they want to ignore us or do something like create even better high end stuff and lower prices of current good items that is all up to GGG.

Last edited by Torin on Feb 20, 2013, 8:43:48 AM
"
Torin wrote:

Nobody is here doing what you are saying. And greed is not what this is about. We are just giving feedback that GGG will not sell much of what they offer at current quality/price.

You sound like someone completely seperated from the real world.

There are lower priced cosmetics, there are medium priced cosmetics, there are higher priced cosmetics. Works with every item available on the market. Sure, a Porsche looks really awesome compared to some Nissan - but you're going to pay quite a bit more for that Porsche.

You're essentially wanting to buy a Porsche on a Nissan budget. Not to mention that these items LAST FOREVER.

Please, tell me who's living in the real world again?

EDIT: Just before anyone points out Nissan GT's or something absurd as being more expensive.
Last edited by Elynole on Feb 20, 2013, 10:25:11 AM
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

Nobody is here doing what you are saying. And greed is not what this is about. We are just giving feedback that GGG will not sell much of what they offer at current quality/price.

You sound like someone completely seperated from the real world.

There are lower priced cosmetics, there are medium priced cosmetics, there are higher priced cosmetics. Works with every item available on the market. Sure, a Porsche looks really awesome compared to some Nissan - but you're going to pay quite a bit more for that Porsche.

You're essentially wanting to buy a Porsche on a Nissan budget. Not to mention that these items LAST FOREVER.

Please, tell me who's living in the real world again?

EDIT: Just before anyone points out Nissan GT's or something absurd as being more expensive.

Why is everyone using a car comparison, it is not a good one in this case. BTW to use such a comparison you need to prove why each option in GGG shop costs exactly like this. Can you?
It can be done with cars. You see with expensive cars their prices is not only because someone decided so, they use more expensive components, developing their parts and techonology takes more money and assembling them costs more. They cannot in any way be priced less, or they would lose money on each sold unit without even taking into cosideration what the market is prepared to pay.

These GGG offerings are just bytes and pixel, development time between versions is nowhere near your comparison between Ferrari and Nissan and GGG loses nothing when selling anything, they are just bytes and pixels.

So all these comparisons with real life items you can all throw out of the window, they mean nothing in this conversation. This conversation is about Economics 101, or is it more profitable to sell something for 10$ to XXX people or for 100$ to XX people. And only GGG knows their numbers and only they can decide.
What we can and do is say, well you current prices and/or quality is not good enough.
Nothing wrong, sickening or greedy about this.

Last edited by Torin on Feb 20, 2013, 11:05:08 AM
"
Crnm wrote:

I understand a model like your current one works really well for games like League of Legends; you have to realize the player-base of League of Legends is 12 year old kids with 20 dollar a month allowances. As a non-pubescent player I would like to easily decide what I want, examine the price and if it suits me buy it.

Also worth remembering LoL Is a very popular game, hell all DOTA clones are popular at the moment, partially cause they are purely competitive eSport type games and also cause they are very immediate.

Games like POE are none of those things really. Its a game with merits no doubt but it wont ever have the playerbase of millions like LoL, GGG have even actively distanced themselves from wanting to attract the mass casual market. Which is fine, but this financial model only works in games with extremely high player numbers, its a scattergun approach. It works by saying 'hey only 5% of our players might spend actual money here, but we have over 3 million active users per day, we have 70 million registered users so 5% is a good amount of money'

Now if you have, lets be generous and say 500,000 registered players, 60k per day suddenly 5% of that isn't such a good amount of money. Ive always though GGGs admittedly ethical attempt at microtransaction was flawed tbh
What I don't like is paid $15 for a weapon glow but I can only have it on one character at a time, so I have to take it off my main every time I want to play my alt. Couldn't the glows work so you can have it on 1 weapon per character?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info