Fairly disappointed in the microtransactions.

"
Britannicus wrote:
It is not a scummy tactic. They are incentivizing the higher tier purchases because to paraphrase Chris, they get eaten alive by transactions on small purchases. Chris has stated this and they say as much on purchase page. Would you really prefer they gave 45 points instead? Would that be better?

It is scummy. If they wanted to be honest, they would say they don't offer 5$ or 10$ packs because the fees are too high. They are putting 5.99$ tags on 6.00$ items.

The way I would do it is to not even go through the "points" proxy. It's bullshit designed to psychologically game customers, but of all customer bases Path of Exile players should see through it the most. Why not:

1) Set and display real price tags on items
2) Set a minimum total purchase, say 20$ or 30$
3) Give discounts on large purchases, for example 10% off on 50$ and up, 20% off on 100$ and up, etc.

I respect and like to do business with honest companies. GGG's microtransaction system is one of the least honest I've ever seen.

"
crishark wrote:
When you go to a store, you do not complain for an item costing $ 19.89 instead of $ 19 or $ 20.

I do, actually. Come at me, bro. I don't complain, but rather I vote with my wallet, however small it may be.

It has happened to me that I've had to choose between No Name crackers for 2.49 and President's Choice crackers for 3.00$, for example. I would prefer to buy President's Choice in that situation for two reasons: one, the second or third least expensive is usually a better price/quality ratio, and two, PC aren't scumbags like No Name are.
Last edited by AzureFlash on Feb 19, 2013, 2:16:15 PM
"
A free game and people bitch about optional cosmetics being overpriced. Sickening really.

This statement is bit harsh, I think most of the people "complaining" about the price of the microtranscation is because they CARE!! They want to buy something to support the game,they really do, but got stuck between the cheap ones being really waste of money, and the good ones are very expensive.

I personally spent $140 so far, I only bought the best item effects, and alot of premium tabs, cuiz they are the only ones worth to get.(For me that is)
I love to support the game, but dumping money on something I will never touch is never ganna happen, so in my case I am willing and happy to spend the money to get the expensive ones.

But guess what, not everyone can justify a $20 dollars purchase or more, on some orange color on their GAME CHARACTERs.

Please try to understand where those "Bitching" comes from.

Meh, I just wish they would get some damn armor pieces up for sale. Weapons is getting old fast.
GGG - Why you no?
"
Torin wrote:
"
Elynole wrote:
A free game and people bitch about optional cosmetics being overpriced. Sickening really.

I don't understand people that write like this and I seen many of you do it.

Why is it sickening that people want to buy something but will not because they feel it is overpriced?!
And they tell that to the people selling these items. Now the people selling can choose to ignore them and their money OR they can work out if it is worth it to them to do something so they do get their money. I still don't understand what is sickening here?!

You cannot afford 2-3 dollars for a cosmetic, because that's what some of them are? It's not like microtransactions vary so much that you only have to choose from .99 cent items and 100 dollar ones...they're pretty varied. GGG has stated pretty plainly in the past for all to understand that prices will vary, due to their customers varying. The microtransaction shop is solely there to support the game, that's it...nothing more. It's completely optional. The cosmetic items last FOREVER. please show me a cheaper item shop in any game, where cosmetics are usually consumable, they're higher priced, and they offer the community gameplay advantages in addition.

Economics 101, as you stated, would suggest that giving a wide array of price ranges - like what happens WITH EVERY PRODUCT EVER MADE - is best, as people have different spending limits and differences on what's worth something and what's not. That's why you have name brand and off brands.

So yes I find arguments on it sickening, tacky, classless, whatever you'd like to call it.

Honestly, the only thing I see in this is - I want the best cosmetics in the game but I can't afford it so GGG needs to make it cheaper. Do this with another manufacturer or offer of services and you'd be laughed at just the same.

Last edited by Elynole on Feb 19, 2013, 3:51:48 PM
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
"
Elynole wrote:

I don't understand people that write like this and I seen many of you do it.

Why is it sickening that people want to buy something but will not because they feel it is overpriced?!
And they tell that to the people selling these items. Now the people selling can choose to ignore them and their money OR they can work out if it is worth it to them to do something so they do get their money. I still don't understand what is sickening here?!

You cannot afford 2-3 dollars for a cosmetic, because that's what some of them are? It's not like microtransactions vary so much that you only have to choose from .99 cent items and 100 dollar ones...they're pretty varied. GGG has stated pretty plainly in the past for all to understand that prices will vary, due to their customers varying. The microtransaction shop is solely there to support the game, that's it...nothing more. It's completely optional. The cosmetic items last FOREVER. please show me a cheaper item shop in any game, where cosmetics are usually consumable, they're higher priced, and they offer the community gameplay advantages in addition.

Economics 101, as you stated, would suggest that giving a wide array of price ranges - like what happens WITH EVERY PRODUCT EVER MADE - is best, as people have different spending limits and differences on what's worth something and what's not. That's why you have name brand and off brands.

So yes I find arguments on it sickening, tacky, classless, whatever you'd like to call it.

Honestly, the only thing I see in this is - I want the best cosmetics in the game but I can't afford it so GGG needs to make it cheaper. Do this with another manufacturer or offer of services and you'd be laughed at just the same.

The cheapest ones are bad, they are not worth 3$. Yes we complain that we want better effects and lower prices ranges because we don't want to buy current ones.
It is still economics 101 and it is not sickening. If I went to a grocery shop and someone was selling 1$ rotten apples and 10$ normal apples I would complain about rotten apples.

And to bolded part, I say well you are not getting my money then lol. See in F2P game they lose, not me.

Last edited by Torin on Feb 19, 2013, 4:31:47 PM
"
Torin wrote:

The cheapest ones are bad, they are not worth 3$. Yes we complain that we want better effects and lower prices ranges because we don't want to buy current ones.
It is still economics 101 and it is not sickening. If I went to a grocery shop and someone was selling 1$ rotten apples and 10$ normal apples I would complain about rotten apples.

And to bolded part, I say well you are not getting my money then lol. See in F2P game they lose, not me.

YOU don't think they're worth that...which is quite alright. Personally, I think they are as I get the added benefit of knowing each time my credit card is swiped this game will live to see another day. But I'd be willing to bet that if the items were reversed we'd still see people such as this bitching on the forums about pricing just because they couldn't buy everything for 1 dollar. Greed is a terrible thing.
Last edited by Elynole on Feb 19, 2013, 4:37:42 PM
"
Russell wrote:
Just saying. A lot of games iv played have the same system as us. Except they add when you buy more. However the end result is the same because they will charge in 600-700 instead of 500 increments. I know this because I have gotten stuck with 100-200 coins in other games many times before. Only when I bought the cheaper packs however. If I went with the 20$ pack it would have boosted me those extra 200-300 points I needed to buy a new item.

Maybe we should have gone with this as well from what your saying. I guess getting 50 coins when charging 60 coins would look more appealing than the smaller numbers. However its now impossible to change as all this would lead to is ripping off our supporters.

Its a bit sucky but developers need money to keep working.

No doubt we will have sales and so on on items once we get a lot more.

I really appreciate your post and totally understand that you need to make money. My main focus with my post is that people are more likely to spend money if the system is easy, makes sense, and what you are trying to buy is generally near one of the increments you are willing to spend.

Do you have any numbers on doing this compared to for example what Valve does with Dota2 and TF2?

If you didn't know they have a shopping cart and you just buy the item at whatever price they cost; the system is better suited towards people who aren't receiving gifts/using their parents money but are buying it them self because they get to see and buy exactly what they want. They handle gifts through "Steam Wallet" which is basically just a gift card attached to your account.

Thanks for the post and I really appreciate your game!

Also-

Here's an idea: What if on your first purchase in the store, your account was automatically upgraded to "Premium", giving you 2 extra stash tabs and a ultra-basic cosmetic. That way it would entice people to start buying stuff from the store, encourage each player to consider spending some and if they truly liked the stuff they bought they would probably come back!
Last edited by Crnm on Feb 20, 2013, 1:08:26 AM
I brought the $20 Stash pack and I'm going to buy more, I love this game and support it. Having a donation system which gives you in game storage is a pro idea and I love how it doesn't give any "action" based advantage. I will be buying more custom stash tabs in the future. I think they are reasonably priced and a great idea. They need money to continue development or they're going to be forced to sell there soul to a corperation. IMO if you're making excuses not to use the microtransactions you're making excuses not to support the dev team.

Lots of love
Spankthat
"
Elynole wrote:
Lots of posts.

Indeed, I disagree when people complain about the prices of some of our more exclusive options. But this? No, this thread is not sickening. Your disposition against criticism that could generate constructive discourse.. That is sickening. You're not the only one, many of the good old boys from the CB days are the same, and Im calling you out for it.

You have a stick up your ass. Please fix. Too many constructive conversations are derailed or shot down due to anal stickage. It will be the death of a game that, frankly, requires a lot of criticism at the moment.

Edit: Much respect to you and your contributions, Elynole. Perhaps I picked the wrong place to make my stand, but for the love of all that is good about this game, can we just let one little bit of criticism slip by without trolling the thread into an inane argument?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Feb 20, 2013, 2:47:25 AM
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

YOU don't think they're worth that...which is quite alright. Personally, I think they are as I get the added benefit of knowing each time my credit card is swiped this game will live to see another day. But I'd be willing to bet that if the items were reversed we'd still see people such as this bitching on the forums about pricing just because they couldn't buy everything for 1 dollar. Greed is a terrible thing.

Nobody is here doing what you are saying. And greed is not what this is about. We are just giving feedback that GGG will not sell much of what they offer at current quality/price.

You sound like someone completely seperated from the real world.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info