Fairly disappointed in the microtransactions.

-
Last edited by DeF46 on Feb 18, 2013, 9:22:52 PM
"
Russell wrote:

Though it may be different now. Haven't played for around 6-8 months. Hmm maybe we should add an extra 0 onto the end currency to make it look more friendly.

I think perfect change 46,96,516 to 45,95,515. And all prices in shop must end on 0 or 5(like they do now.), i think this is the most simple and honest way.

And give extra 1-4 points to people who already have in they wallet number of coins not ending on 0 or 5,so they will too have in wallet number what ending on 5 or 0.
ign: Bikvin
Last edited by triada13 on Feb 18, 2013, 9:30:41 PM
People love complaining. Even in a free game.
For all.
Amazing.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Feb 18, 2013, 9:52:01 PM
The problem with rounding off to 5's is that it limits GGGs ability to price in the future. For them to do it now, it would be basically committing pricing at that interval. But what if they want to put the 10 point transaction (like the frost nova skill effect) on sale later? Then they would have to price the discounted version at 5 points or not discount it at all.

I think a lot of complaints about getting the left over points are mostly people who are aggrieved about having the transaction fees affecting them (instead of GGG shouldering them all). Since it is peevish to complain about that, they displace their anger to the extra point or extra 6 points, when they are really just irked that they don't get the sacred pricepoint of 1:10 no matter what they pay.

If GGG gets more money per point, you get more points per dollar. If GGG gets less money per point, you get less points per dollar. Simple as that.

Also, using either argument as an excuse not to support the game is pretty pathetic. GGG has gone out of their way to provide a quality game experience which is free-to-play, without a single pay-to-win element. They don't even advertise the microtransactions in game. Don't squawk that you would pay if only they changed their completely reasonable transaction system to match how you imagine it should work (despite the fact that you have no idea how their fee structure works or what the needs of the company are, past, present, or future).
Last edited by Britannicus on Feb 18, 2013, 10:06:59 PM
Yeah.
People must think about the microtransactions as donations with a twist.
I would have donate the same ammount as I did anyway, with or without microtransactions.

They are just a plus guys, stop complaining lol.
IGN: Gonorreitor
"
Britannicus wrote:
"
MrH wrote:
I feel some items are grossly overpriced, to the point of being ridiculous.

This is the wrong way of thinking about it. These items fund development, the cost of which is inestimable on our end. It pays bills, salaries, what has been spent in the past and things yet to be bought.

I understand they need to make money, but gouging your customers is not the way to go about it. I don't mind supporting smaller studios, but I want to feel like I didn't get bent over the table in the process. If items are priced fairly I'll most likely spend more money overall.
"
Valmar wrote:
People love complaining. Even in a free game.
For all.
Amazing.

Sorry but the game definitely isn't free. People always come up with this argument in every F2P game, even though it couldn't be wronger.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
MrH wrote:

I understand they need to make money, but gouging your customers is not the way to go about it. I don't mind supporting smaller studios, but I want to feel like I didn't get bent over the table in the process. If items are priced fairly I'll most likely spend more money overall.

You got the whole game for free, you still feeling bent over? x)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Sorry but the game definitely isn't free.

"
Xavderion wrote:
You got the whole game for free

Wat.
"
MrH wrote:

The stash tabs, which are the only non-cosmetic item, are priced exceedingly fairly. Much cheaper than in GW2 for example.

As for cosmetics, what do you mean fair? How is it unfair that I can only afford the black or white scorpions but not the electric ones. Honestly. if they were all priced the same, people might prefer those, but since there is something more expensive down the line, somehow people think that the other stuff is cheap junk.

The fact is, free-to-play games exist on a minority of players paying excessive amounts while most players pay little or nothing. The pricing of the items mirrors that. GGG encourages the big spenders by letting them have expensive/exclusive items. In fact, some of big spenders have a huge glut of points from the diamond packages. How are they even going to spend more if they don't have big ticket items to scratch their itch?

The prices are fair, not because everything is equally priced or everything is cheap (it isn't), but there are micros for all price ranges. PoE has really expensive pets. No one would disagree. PoE has some really cheap pets too, and a lot of them are just as cool! What's fair doesn't even enter into the equation, since they are optional and have no value beyond what individual players place upon them.

Last edited by Britannicus on Feb 18, 2013, 11:01:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info