[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

to be honest I don't feel unwavering is necessary in softcore. not sure about hardcore.
"
scalymanfish wrote:
Have you thought about switching to the Ranger side of the tree? my build is: poeurl.com/z9M

Going this route compared to your tree
I GAIN:
-60 Dex
-Equiv of 32% more armour (as evasion)
-The Ranger flask nodes for doubly effective life flasks
-2% life
-1% Regen (very nice to have)
-Stun Recovery/Avoidance/Ability to Evade attacks.
-19% increased physical damage (total vs the axe nodes of your tree that I lose)
-10% Shield Defenses
-10% Attack Speed

I LOSE:
-15% Resist
-.2% Phys leech/leech per second
-1% Block Chance
-Stun Immunity from Unwavering
-20 Strength

So the big trade-off here is whether the build needs Unwavering Stance to function/be safe. So far in PHC I've never noticed being stunned, but I'm only up to T-10 maps, so I'm not certain yet.

The other stats, such as the 1% block, resist, and leech, can be more than doubly made up in jewel slots for what is gained going the Ranger area.

Another huge plus is this put us next to Druidic Rite, the OP 2 point wonder flask node. If you have decent flasks and a ToH, this is huge for sustain and survivability. I'll be for sure taking this node once I get a ToH myself.

Any thoughts on this tree? Am I leaving anything out?

This was my original setup actually.

If you want to do this setup, enchant "stun avoid % on kill" on boots and you should be ok with stun except for hard bosses who doesn't summon any mobs.

I picked US eventually since I wanted to be extra safe on high tier maps because I was starting to notice some stun against some bosses.

But like you mentioned, the overall stats are better with ranger nodes excluding the stun immune part.

If I get to change to 6L high armour chest + helm, I am going back to this ranger setup (or templar) by taking out US and IR.

Why is faster attack not good for EQ ?
How studious combatant works with the sword ?
Last edited by EzBreesy on Mar 19, 2016, 4:07:16 AM
"
Rampe1974 wrote:
Why is faster attack not good for EQ ?

It's just not efficient as other skills,

the reason is that the 2nd attack (aftershock) isnt' affected by the faster attack, but duration.

However, it's still decent since it boosts the first hit of EQ's dps quite a lot, also helps on clear speed.
"
EzBreesy wrote:
How studious combatant works with the sword ?

That one node is okish, but the nodes on the way is bad compared to other nodes.
Hey, I modified your build after I decided to switch my facebreaker cyclone gladiator to something that will actually scale harder with gear. Here's my build, can you give me some advice if you think anything should be changed?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFewGi754ivAg42zY6UZf2sqQCiaE2Ud-L8y9NsGCZU1NRr6nYuwZtITvLYPawWEhFSAuU3TtrlAaVd0NLOkJM9NvBS17dDbo4JWGs9E2eu9lpwHnstziLECgG_oUTacwCEnAvyFgJd_8S5_Lns1W6KmVdPG2LLyf6dXSIQz3KaWkGRiReTnyQayvfuKCBxuXGj4yTl8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm5d5QXSuPigqJJvGrotP900LYcT2diuvbK-ncqmAimjyPQ_3MvAfBjnqGHzZogD7qlHmBLPzBndTwGZRYDs7PAWexe98lIffskE_AAA=

I'm @85lvl at this moment and the last 5-6 points are going into that cluster with mace damage Bone breaker and Skull cracking. Any input would be great.
"
uforia wrote:
Hey, I modified your build after I decided to switch my facebreaker cyclone gladiator to something that will actually scale harder with gear. Here's my build, can you give me some advice if you think anything should be changed?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFewGi754ivAg42zY6UZf2sqQCiaE2Ud-L8y9NsGCZU1NRr6nYuwZtITvLYPawWEhFSAuU3TtrlAaVd0NLOkJM9NvBS17dDbo4JWGs9E2eu9lpwHnstziLECgG_oUTacwCEnAvyFgJd_8S5_Lns1W6KmVdPG2LLyf6dXSIQz3KaWkGRiReTnyQayvfuKCBxuXGj4yTl8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm5d5QXSuPigqJJvGrotP900LYcT2diuvbK-ncqmAimjyPQ_3MvAfBjnqGHzZogD7qlHmBLPzBndTwGZRYDs7PAWexe98lIffskE_AAA=

I'm @85lvl at this moment and the last 5-6 points are going into that cluster with mace damage Bone breaker and Skull cracking. Any input would be great.

I feel like you will want those scion's life nodes as well, but then to get all of them you need a lot more points. (which is why I suggest going templar/ranger area when you take out IR/US ndoes)

I changed little bit on your tree, it's just my style of pathing, so you can just compare it and don't take it seriously:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGypCE2Ud-L8y9NsGCZU1NRr6nYuwZtITvLYPawWEhFSAuU3TtrlAaVd0NLOnTbwUte3Q26OCVhrN672WnAeey3ECgFE2nMAhJwL8hYPxLn8uezVboqZV08byf6dXSIQz3KaUYkXk5Vw3yQayvfuLZYfObggcblxo-rY1oZdl8Mk5fP89-FCB2rO8O6hhQR1Hm9zLkUXdTfNlnm5d5OztBdK4-KCqexSSbxq6LT5SH900LYd-ydiuvbEE_gIpr2WjyNI7wH4Y7ogAU9gSzPQ_AZgY5PAX7qu988wZRYA==

I took more health near the mace nodes, took out armour nodes near US, and also changed a pathing toward the extra blocks by taking out Command of Steel. You don't need Command of steel anymore since you are getting block nodes on templar side.
Spoiler
"
GeGuRi wrote:
"
uforia wrote:

Spoiler

I feel like you will want those scion's life nodes as well, but then to get all of them you need a lot more points. (which is why I suggest going templar/ranger area when you take out IR/US ndoes)

I changed little bit on your tree, it's just my style of pathing, so you can just compare it and don't take it seriously:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGypCE2Ud-L8y9NsGCZU1NRr6nYuwZtITvLYPawWEhFSAuU3TtrlAaVd0NLOnTbwUte3Q26OCVhrN672WnAeey3ECgFE2nMAhJwL8hYPxLn8uezVboqZV08byf6dXSIQz3KaUYkXk5Vw3yQayvfuLZYfObggcblxo-rY1oZdl8Mk5fP89-FCB2rO8O6hhQR1Hm9zLkUXdTfNlnm5d5OztBdK4-KCqexSSbxq6LT5SH900LYd-ydiuvbEE_gIpr2WjyNI7wH4Y7ogAU9gSzPQ_AZgY5PAX7qu988wZRYA==

I took more health near the mace nodes, took out armour nodes near US, and also changed a pathing toward the extra blocks by taking out Command of Steel. You don't need Command of steel anymore since you are getting block nodes on templar side.

Thanks mate, I'll have to run the numbers when I get home. Just one question, what is your opinion on the 4% flat reduction from Soul of Steel?
"
uforia wrote:
Spoiler
"
GeGuRi wrote:
"
uforia wrote:

Spoiler

Thanks mate, I'll have to run the numbers when I get home. Just one question, what is your opinion on the 4% flat reduction from Soul of Steel?

It's a nice node itself, but phys damage aren't that much problem later, making that 4% node kinda meh if we think about it takes 3 pathing nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info