[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

"
xpTitan wrote:
Hey,

Great build! Nice to see melee clearing Tier 15 maps, very encouraging. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting your ascendancy points that you took. Obviously Painforged and and Versatile Combat, but what was your third? I imagine arguments could be made for all three options (Outmatch and Outlast, Violent Retaliation, and Gratuitous Violence). Thanks!

Added the Ascendancy Point,

I took Versatile Combatant and Gratuitous Violence
"
PvtPJ wrote:
"
xchokeholdx wrote:
I dont get it, BoR gives 6%, shield 32% and you pick up 22% block from tree. how do you get max block without rumi?

I can only see 60& block in total..

edit, add 4% from gladiator to make 64%..???

32Aegis, 6BoR, 3TS, 4+8 Ascendency,22tree = 75

@OP
i would try to get jewels for 4% block and craft 2%block on gloves to skip the BoR, a awesome rare helmet (or even Devoto's) + Rare 6L (or Coil for being evne more tanky or carcass for additional es/dmg) would be better (BoR gems are quite low and miss Quality what would boost alot!

Yes, BoR is definitely changeable.
Some cons for BoR:

- EQ's Aftershock does not get affected by faster attack gem (but still good on the initial hit part)
- If you Use Aegis, it's almost required to use 3 points to get IR with Bringer
- Blind is not really doing much since I took US

Despite for all these cons, I still chose BoR since it's really good early item with cheap cost that can be used until the end game. DPS wise, there isn't much big difference (BoR's flat physical makes up), but for defense wise, 6L is better.

If I take out BoR, it will be when I get some GG armor chest/helm, then I would probably take out US/IR and save some points to go Ranger area (or templar) and grab avoid stun on boots.
And like you said grab some extra block on jewels.

However, the US stun immune is pretty good on hard bosses since it's not situational, for like Colosseum bosses, we can't get full avoid stun since we can't kill anything.

I didn't write about 6L/ Rare Helm part since it becomes an expensive build and I wasn't able to afford one yet to share my experience. Also, since I was able to enjoy the end games with BoR, I just left it there.

Thanks for sharing, I'll add these parts to the build if I manage to use them in the future.
deleted
IGN: duel_shingfd
Last edited by shingfd on Mar 16, 2016, 3:57:03 AM
isn't your attack speed to high?
you have 0,34 aps but EQ aftershock is 0,45

you have 77% increased attack speed from tree - wouldn't it be better to drop some of the points?
"
BeRse wrote:

you have 77% increased attack speed from tree - wouldn't it be better to drop some of the points?

Most attack speeds are either together with phys% or on the way to %phys.

It speeds up Whirling blades, and having a good aps on initial is good dps boost without considering the aftershock.

"
GeGuRi wrote:
"
BeRse wrote:

It speeds up Whirling blades, and having a good aps on initial is good dps boost without considering the aftershock.

ok thanks for the quick answer

do you consider Varunastra best-in-slot or would you pick another weapon if you had unlimited currency to spend?
"
BeRse wrote:
"
GeGuRi wrote:
"
BeRse wrote:

ok thanks for the quick answer

do you consider Varunastra best-in-slot or would you pick another weapon if you had unlimited currency to spend?

I didn't do math, but I don't think I'll change Varunastra even with gg weapon for this build.
If I had mirror worthy weapon, I would play a different build instead.
How would this build fair on uber atziri and core? thoughts?
How would this work with cyclone?
Just switched from Marohi to Varunastra and I gained about 10-15K tooltip (depending on added fire vs melee damage on full life), a shit ton of mobility, and overall this just feels so much better than a 2h Build. Also, I don't have Aegis yet, so I look forward to picking that up later on!

Question for OP:

If a skill node gives +% damage for swords/claws (any combo of 1h weapons) does the % stack since Varunastra is considered as ALL 1h weapons?

So if it's 20% extra damage for Swords/claws, does this sword benefit by getting 20%+20% since it's both?

Regardless, loving this build. I'm a scion currently ascended to Berserker+Champion, and I'm not sure what the best combo would be for Scion. Any advice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info