[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

This is probably a noob question but is it not possible to use the tabularasa and use the skill inside for a 6L? or does that helmet completely remove the ability to use gems inside a chest piece.

Also if I didn't like the EQ skill, would it be possible to still be close in damage using say Static strike, or molten strike. Or are they useless? and if yes what 4L setup would be good with them
Deleted because i posted below so original poster could see.
Last edited by CorranHorn on Mar 18, 2016, 1:11:50 PM
"
Haessek wrote:
For PHC, which build is more defensiv?
Etup's 2H Earthquake Champion with perma Fortify
Or this Full Block Earthquake build?
And what Build can focus for higher damage?

Sorry, I didn't see etup's 2h,
but for defensive wise, I don't think 2h build without block can beat block build.
"
SquirrelMedic wrote:
Build looks amazingly fun. I'm working on it as we speak as a matter of fact. Quick question. In the merc lab run video when you go to enchant your helm at the end it is obviously BoR, however it appears you are also wearing a chest piece. I'm slightly confused, though BoR prevented you from wearing chest armor. Thanks.

You can still wear body chest with BoR, but you don't get any effect from the chest.

However, you can level up your gems and switch gems out easily buy putting gems into the chest.
"
scalymanfish wrote:

For IC, this build has quite a lot of physical mitigation. IC just isn't necessary. Crazy I know bc i run IC on every other build being in HC. The reason is this build aims to get as much armour as possible for the Aegis regen per block, so this build will use 2-3 defensive physical flasks such as a Jade, Granite, and not to mention ToH for that Aegis max cold res synergy, combined with IR and very high base armour, you're set.

Thanks for mentioning about flasks :D
"
Githian wrote:
Currently building a similar character after getting a Bringer of Rain and Varunastra for cheap last week. Aiming at full block, 7 endurance charge and improved fortify cluster for high damage mitigation. Will probably also use a combo of Stibnite+Basalt flask for bosses. I'll post some update in here when I get to endgame.

Hadn't thought about Aegis Aurora, don't have much experience with the item; is it still worth it if I'm going for Iron Reflexes?

I definitely suggest Aegis, it will give a huge defense buff.
IR goes well with Aegis if you have some decent evasion, since BoR is hybrid, IR is a good choice with Aegis.

Aegis gives ES by 2% of your armour, and with this, you can sustain full ES most of the time, making it possible to use Melee Damage on Full LIfe on most maps.
"
Ndragon88 wrote:
This is probably a noob question but is it not possible to use the tabularasa and use the skill inside for a 6L? or does that helmet completely remove the ability to use gems inside a chest piece.

Also if I didn't like the EQ skill, would it be possible to still be close in damage using say Static strike, or molten strike. Or are they useless? and if yes what 4L setup would be good with them

Yes you are right, by equipping BoR, you can't use any of the gems in the chest piece. However, you can still put gems in there to gain experience :)

If you don't like EQ, it's totally fine to use any other skills, I mentioned few skills in link section I believe.

If I am using Static Strike, the gems should be same as EQ since it's also a duration melee skill.
Hey homey, just wanted to make sure you saw:

32 Base block with Aegis.
21 block points in tree.
2 from Ascendancy pathing nodes. (+8 additional if you've taken damage for 4 seconds)

That's 55 block. Where are you getting your other 20 block from?
63 if you want to consider the +8 to be pretty consistent, which it should be.

Ah, Bringer Of Rain for 6 additional.

So, 61-69 percent block.

Tempest shield puts you at 64-72(2nd number is when you take damage per Ascendancy passive).

Without it on jewels or going up into the templar tree for the +5 where are you getting maxed block?

You aren't using a Rumi's, or an Anvil, or block or jewels, or going into the Templar area. So you should have 62 flat block with + 8 when you get hit, + 3 from Tempest Shield.

Where is the rest of that magic happening?

How about an Anvil? That would put you at 76 block/spell block with some mana gained on hit from the sword, dropping endurance charges on block with Bringer, getting flat life and mana on block with Anvil,

How about speccing into Outmatch and Outlast instead of Gratuitous Violence?

+1 frenzy charge in duelist, +1 from Merciless quest and that's a heck of a lot of free Frenzy charges for a full blocking guy. + 20 percent MORE multiplier for all damage.
"
CorranHorn wrote:
21 block points in tree.
2 from Ascendancy pathing nodes. (+8 additional if you've taken damage for 4 seconds)

So, 61-69 percent block.

Tempest shield puts you at 64-72(2nd number is when you take damage per Ascendancy passive).

Without it on jewels or going up into the templar tree for the +5 where are you getting maxed block?

You aren't using a Rumi's, or an Anvil, or block or jewels, or going into the Templar area. So you should have 61 flat block with + 8 when you get hit.

How about an Anvil? That would put you at 76 block/spell block with some mana gained on hit from the sword, dropping endurance charges on block with Bringer, getting flat life and mana on block with Anvil,

+1 frenzy charge in duelist, +1 from Merciless quest and that's a heck of a lot of free Frenzy charges for a full blocking guy. + 20 percent MORE multiplier for all damage.

I have 22% block chance on tree + 4% from Ascendancy tree + 8% if hit,
making total of 34 block chance just from tree.

32% from Aegis, 3% from Tempest shield, 6% from BoR.
This makes perfect 75% block chance.

Anvil is ok, if you use anvil you can take out few block nodes on tree.
I personally don't like anvil since it doesn't have resist / life, and the fact that mana /life gain doesn't do much on this build with aegis and mana leech. Never had mana problem with just 1 mana leech jewel.

Since we are using BoR, we lack a lot of resist.

I currently have 170/150/140 ele resist with 115 chaos resist, but I am still lacking since I am not max resist on ele weakness map or by any curses even with rare ammy.

With Outmatch and Outlast vs Gratuitous Violence,

I highly suggest Gratuitous Violence. The More damage looks tempting, but the bleeding + inc damage from bleeding is pretty decent. The explode damage is really helpful on clear speed as well.

On the other hand, outmatch is really situational. If you look at the tier15 Colosseum two bosses video I uploaded, I was bleeding the boss almost whole time, and there was no mobs I could kill to gain frenzy unless I use extra slot for frenzy skill.
Last edited by GeGuRi on Mar 18, 2016, 1:22:04 PM
Thanks for the reply, i counted again and i see the 22 block from the tree so we are good there.

Is this out of date?
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/e/e5/Gladiator_%28Duelist%29.png

Its from the wiki so it may not be updated and i won't do the Labyrinth until im at least level 70.
The picture there say's only 2 percent block for the two pathing nodes. Is it 2 each in game?

If so, then that math finally works out lol.

Thanks for your effort dude, it's a cool build.

"
GeGuRi wrote:
"
CorranHorn wrote:
21 block points in tree.

So, 61-69 percent block.

You aren't using a Rumi's, or an Anvil, or block or jewels, or going into the Templar area. So you should have 61 flat block with + 8 when you get hit.

I have 22% block chance on tree + 4% from Ascendancy tree + 8% if hit,
making total of 34 block chance just from tree.

32% from Aegis, 3% from Tempest shield, 6% from BoR.
This makes perfect 75% block chance.

Anvil is ok, if you use anvil you can take out few block nodes on tree.
I personally don't like anvil since it doesn't have resist / life, and the fact that mana /life gain doesn't do much on this build with aegis and mana leech. Never had mana problem with just 1 mana leech jewel.

Since we are using BoR, we lack a lot of resist.

I currently have 170/150/140 ele resist with 115 chaos resist, but I am still lacking since I am not max resist on ele weakness map or by any curses even with rare ammy.

With Outmatch and Outlast vs Gratuitous Violence,

I highly suggest Gratuitous Violence. The More damage looks tempting, but the bleeding + inc damage from bleeding is pretty decent. The explode damage is really helpful on clear speed as well.

On the other hand, outmatch is really situational. If you look at the tier15 Colosseum two bosses video I uploaded, I was bleeding the boss almost whole time, and there was no mobs I could kill to gain frenzy unless I use extra slot for frenzy skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info