[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

"
CorranHorn wrote:
Thanks for the reply, i counted again and i see the 22 block from the tree so we are good there.

Is this out of date?
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/e/e5/Gladiator_%28Duelist%29.png

Its from the wiki so it may not be updated and i won't do the Labyrinth until im at least level 70.
The picture there say's only 2 percent block for the two pathing nodes. Is it 2 each in game?

If so, then that math finally works out lol.

Thanks for your effort dude, it's a cool build.

Yea, that is out dated, it's 2% each now :D
How is the clear speed with this on higher tier maps? Anyone playing it right now? I want to make a run at 100 with a mele ( I feel like Id die less past 95 then a glass cannon ranged ).

I have narrowed it down to...

2 Handed EQ ( Maybe LIfting or Etups version )

This build...

Or a 2H Sunder Jug version...
Thoughts?
"
GeGuRi wrote:
"
SquirrelMedic wrote:
Build looks amazingly fun. I'm working on it as we speak as a matter of fact. Quick question. In the merc lab run video when you go to enchant your helm at the end it is obviously BoR, however it appears you are also wearing a chest piece. I'm slightly confused, though BoR prevented you from wearing chest armor. Thanks.

You can still wear body chest with BoR, but you don't get any effect from the chest.

However, you can level up your gems and switch gems out easily buy putting gems into the chest.

That being said, and thank you for the response, are you using the tabula for a six link or just for gem swap? If you are using it as a six link what are you putting in there??
"
SquirrelMedic wrote:
"
GeGuRi wrote:
"
SquirrelMedic wrote:
Build looks amazingly fun. I'm working on it as we speak as a matter of fact. Quick question. In the merc lab run video when you go to enchant your helm at the end it is obviously BoR, however it appears you are also wearing a chest piece. I'm slightly confused, though BoR prevented you from wearing chest armor. Thanks.

You can still wear body chest with BoR, but you don't get any effect from the chest.

However, you can level up your gems and switch gems out easily buy putting gems into the chest.

That being said, and thank you for the response, are you using the tabula for a six link or just for gem swap? If you are using it as a six link what are you putting in there??

I have tabula just because it has white sockets and I don't have to worry about what gems to put there.

It doesn't have to be 6 link or 6 socketed since they don't do anything.

I personally have Added fire / Concentrated Effect on the first row of tabula so that I can switch out fast and quickly when I need to.

Other gems are just random gems I am leveling.
Understood. Thanks again for the reply. Are you swapping area effect and concentrated for boss fights primarily?
Last edited by SquirrelMedic on Mar 18, 2016, 5:36:29 PM
"
SquirrelMedic wrote:
Understood. Thanks again for the reply. Are you swapping area effect and concentrated for boss fights primarily?

only for hard bosses, if you feel like you need some extra damage you can quickly switch
Just got this build off the ground in PHC. Using a corrupted Lioneye's instead of Aegis until I feel like investing deep. A couple questions real quick.

1) Are there any map mods/combinations you don't do? I imagine stuff like blood magic is countered by just running no auras. How is it on reflect? Any particularly nasty map/boss combos you've encountered?

2) The vengeance and retribution combination seems odd to me. They have a cooldown on how fast they can fire, but I have no real gauge on how much damage they're adding to the build. What made you choose them ultimately?

3) Which damage nodes on the passive tree do you find to be the most efficient? Trying to identify which ones to aim for first as I enter into maps.

Also I just wanted to say that this was the smoothest leveling experience/transition into a block build I've ever played. I spent a total of 20 chaos while leveling (15 on a Marohi Erqi) using unique weapons and 2h earthquake and was just 1shotting my way through the entire game. Soon as I hit 67 I did both labs, respec'd 5 points out of 2hand duelist start and and some resist and started facetanking my way through the rest. This is a ton of fun, thanks for the inspiration.
"
magnus962 wrote:
Just got this build off the ground in PHC. Using a corrupted Lioneye's instead of Aegis until I feel like investing deep. A couple questions real quick.

1) Are there any map mods/combinations you don't do? I imagine stuff like blood magic is countered by just running no auras. How is it on reflect? Any particularly nasty map/boss combos you've encountered?

2) The vengeance and retribution combination seems odd to me. They have a cooldown on how fast they can fire, but I have no real gauge on how much damage they're adding to the build. What made you choose them ultimately?

3) Which damage nodes on the passive tree do you find to be the most efficient? Trying to identify which ones to aim for first as I enter into maps.

Also I just wanted to say that this was the smoothest leveling experience/transition into a block build I've ever played. I spent a total of 20 chaos while leveling (15 on a Marohi Erqi) using unique weapons and 2h earthquake and was just 1shotting my way through the entire game. Soon as I hit 67 I did both labs, respec'd 5 points out of 2hand duelist start and and some resist and started facetanking my way through the rest. This is a ton of fun, thanks for the inspiration.

Hello, glad you are enjoying it :)

1) Since I am in PSC, there's no map that I am passing. However, there were few map mods that killed me by not paying attention.
a) Phys reflect - You CAN run phys reflect map, but you have to be extra careful here. always use 1 flask of armour or Evasion flask before you hit a pack. try to have your fortify and max enduring charges all the time. I wouldn't run this map on PHC.

b) Ele reflect - Turn off your aura just to be extra safe

c) -max resist / ele weakness / extra dmg modes - this is pretty much same for any builds out there, 1 hit that you don't block can hit really hard.

Blood magic is no problem, just turn off your auras.

2) They are nice extra damage. Each proc is about half of your first hit of earthquake. They proc very often without any cast/attack time. If you are curious about their damage, you can test their damage by afking a bit.

3) The hybrid nodes are the most efficient nodes: Deadly Dilettante and By the Blade

Hi, came across this post and amazed that OP build is quite similar to mine. However I'm using a slight different set up i.e. 6L lightning coil and tri resist helm with anvil to cap my block%. One thing I dislike about BOR is the faster attack support which is not so compatible with earthquake. I tried both set up and prefer coil over BOR. For anyone wish to draw a comparison, I'd summarize that coil set up offer more physical mitigation, more sockets, more resistance while BOR is more cost efficient with more damage.

Physical reflect and elemental reflect map is not an issue at all simply by swapping gem around. For those 2H earthquake wondering about switching over, I have done a lot of experiments and would estimate the damage of this build (6L coil set up) is about 30% behind 6L Marohi Erqi.

Actually I'm not so sure about putting tempest shield to CWDT lvl1. Personally I love to have as much block% as possible before engaging a pack as more block% mean more chance to stay full hp to maximize dmg. Probably OP made such choice due to limited sockets as BOR restrict chest piece effect. I usually self cast Tempest shield supported by more duration and faster cast.

Running this build I hate coming across map such such as monster life & enfeeble etc. The run just feel so slow, which I feel is less of an issue with 6L marohi Erqi. my aim now is boosting more raw damage per hit to ensure overkill effect is achieved more often.
Last edited by mlvnk83 on Mar 18, 2016, 9:52:19 PM
Have you thought about switching to the Ranger side of the tree? my build is: poeurl.com/z9M

Going this route compared to your tree
I GAIN:
-60 Dex
-Equiv of 32% more armour (as evasion)
-The Ranger flask nodes for doubly effective life flasks
-2% life
-1% Regen (very nice to have)
-Stun Recovery/Avoidance/Ability to Evade attacks.
-19% increased physical damage (total vs the axe nodes of your tree that I lose)
-10% Shield Defenses
-10% Attack Speed

I LOSE:
-15% Resist
-.2% Phys leech/leech per second
-1% Block Chance
-Stun Immunity from Unwavering
-20 Strength

So the big trade-off here is whether the build needs Unwavering Stance to function/be safe. So far in PHC I've never noticed being stunned, but I'm only up to T-10 maps, so I'm not certain yet.

The other stats, such as the 1% block, resist, and leech, can be more than doubly made up in jewel slots for what is gained going the Ranger area.

Another huge plus is this put us next to Druidic Rite, the OP 2 point wonder flask node. If you have decent flasks and a ToH, this is huge for sustain and survivability. I'll be for sure taking this node once I get a ToH myself.

Any thoughts on this tree? Am I leaving anything out?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info