[2.2] 100% chaos ICE TRAPPER - UBER down (T15 Abyss Double Boss fight in 10 sec!!)

"
"
For people asking about survivability. You can remove crit nodes and use elemental overload. Get more health nodes, use EB/ZO/MOM (you regenerate enough energy/second using the golem) and have about 17k evasion + 50% dodge to physical/magical with potions up. You can keep potions up indefinitely with reduced charges used belts and reduced charges used potions (totaling around 40%+).

How does Elemental Overlord work with this build if you don't spec into crit at all and it says it removes all your crit? Do traps Auto crit or is there something I'm missing... Sorry for noob question

I'm pretty new to this game, gonna start leveling this character today in Perandus Hardcore. Any tips or info on how to play this build with the EO? generally speaking? Am I just run around avoiding while spamming traps or?

it is easiest to proc it with orb of storms skill, with the op's build though it wouldn't make sense since EO makes your crit multi 0.

I apply it with whirling blades or orb of storms, whirling blades is going to be slightly less effective because of the lower base crit chance to proc EO though. Also, it is more dangerous because you have to hit the enemy instead of placing it and running around.

So is there middle ground? I wanna just have simple build where i place the traps and the stuff gets one shot and i can be not super squish and get to avoid stuff =P Is crit the way to go or EO ? Sorry again for my lack of knowledge I just started playing this week my first character ever is hardcore level 75 but its cookie cutter lightning arrow and now I'm trying to branch out and try different builds and this one looks fun, i just don't wanna level a lot and invest what little currency I have and then find out I made the wrong build
"
ReIish wrote:
"
"
For people asking about survivability. You can remove crit nodes and use elemental overload. Get more health nodes, use EB/ZO/MOM (you regenerate enough energy/second using the golem) and have about 17k evasion + 50% dodge to physical/magical with potions up. You can keep potions up indefinitely with reduced charges used belts and reduced charges used potions (totaling around 40%+).

How does Elemental Overlord work with this build if you don't spec into crit at all and it says it removes all your crit? Do traps Auto crit or is there something I'm missing... Sorry for noob question

I'm pretty new to this game, gonna start leveling this character today in Perandus Hardcore. Any tips or info on how to play this build with the EO? generally speaking? Am I just run around avoiding while spamming traps or?

it is easiest to proc it with orb of storms skill, with the op's build though it wouldn't make sense since EO makes your crit multi 0.

I apply it with whirling blades or orb of storms, whirling blades is going to be slightly less effective because of the lower base crit chance to proc EO though. Also, it is more dangerous because you have to hit the enemy instead of placing it and running around.

So is there middle ground? I wanna just have simple build where i place the traps and the stuff gets one shot and i can be not super squish and get to avoid stuff =P Is crit the way to go or EO ? Sorry again for my lack of knowledge I just started playing this week my first character ever is hardcore level 75 but its cookie cutter lightning arrow and now I'm trying to branch out and try different builds and this one looks fun, i just don't wanna level a lot and invest what little currency I have and then find out I made the wrong build

I personally wouldn't spec into the crit nodes, but we are in a thread where the OP has crit nodes and has video proof of killing very hard bosses. The orb of storms/EO is not necessary but it is 40% MORE damage, another massive multiplier to an already overkill build. Do you need it? No. Is it worth it? Yes. It's not very hard to hit the button and run. You don't have to target as orb of storms is placed at your feet.
EO if you want more nodes for life. You will still have enough damage for all content. But you will need to use orb of storms to proc it
At what point ( gear / gem wise ) should i get EB / ZO / MoM
You can easily path your way through it while getting the on the way trap nodes. As soon as you get Hasty Construction and Clever Construction, you can path your way to get ZO and EB immediately. Once you get your stone golem up and running, that should solve all mana problems. Stone golem I believe is level 34, so that should be the earliest you can get it.

You should probably not get MOM until you have sufficient amount of levels on your stone golem (level 16+) or enough ES base which might be hard to achieve with acrobatics.
Last edited by renroval on Mar 18, 2016, 6:25:24 PM
Stupid question I think, but why do you use controlled destruction on ice trap if you are taking all these crit nodes? What am I missing here?
For Uber Atziri, Concentrated Effect > Void Manipulation ??
Could you link your jewels please?
So Going EB/ZO/MoM do I need to look for max mana / energy shield ontop of health and resist for my late game gear?

Also what gems and what all jewels would I run for this tankier build since I know I'm going to need Orb of Storms anything else switched out or?
Last edited by ReIish on Mar 19, 2016, 9:51:58 AM
Running this build, its pretty good. Btw, if you are rich, use this flask can solve the mana problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info