I made a Skilltree Tool!

Greetings, fellow Beta Members,

I made a tool for planning the expected DPS of a build of your choice.

Download:
program + jpg skilltree (900KB) = http://dl.dropbox.com/u/443720/PathOfExileSkilltree.rar
png skilltree (7MB) = http://dl.dropbox.com/u/443720/PathOfExileSkilltree.png.rar

JPG Skilltree is sufficient, for higher quality image just un-archive the PNG Skilltree into the same directory.

.Net 4.0 is required.
Read the Readme.txt before trying to use the tool.

Please post subtle suggestions (I likely have too little time to perfect the whole defense and misc stats) and problems in this thread.

For calculating the Hit-Chance I used 0.3217 * Level^2 + 10.2131 * Level + 31.2446 as the reference Evasion rating. I got this formula by wolfram-alpha regression from some of our chars including newly created ones. It would be great if a dev could provide some info about this.
We confirmed most values with our own chars and got DPS variations of about 1% only, but we cannot be sure of the formulas.
A friend of mine offered to add support for automatically loading equip from character data if we could get a secure way to load them (e.g. from the website)

Known Bugs:
- flat physical damage profits from weapon specific % physical bonus in skilltree while it should not.
- Most Keystone won't work either at the moment (Working ones: Avatar of Fire, Resolute Technique)
- not all boni from skilltree (mostly the defensive ones) are accumulated in the Stats-window. Most/All DPS-related ones work, though.

Changelog:

- Added the ability to save and load builds

- Added the ability to take screenshots (to file and to clipboard) of either the whole tree or just the skilled nodes. I added a "created by me"-remark on the bottom in an extra line that you can just shoop away if you want, but I would be pleased if you keep it to rise the popularity of the tool.

- Added two checkboxes to hide the green and gray lines

- Weapon selection now defaults to sceptre/none so that noone might get confused by the errors if you change the main hand weapon and still have the default dagger in off hand.

- added the ability to zoom. (Slider next to the search. Mouse wheel event capturing is according to microsoft not officially supported, but the slider does its job pretty fine)
It's just a simple zoom where I resize the image, so the text and links are resized as well. But I think it's fine nevertheless.

- added the ability to move the skilltree by dragging with the mouse

Word of warning: Zooming out and dragging increases performance impact.

- if you hover over not-skilled nodes you get the shortest path to it and can skill it with one click. Expected skillpoint costs are shown.

- if you hover over skilled-nodes you get a preview how much other nodes would also be removed if you remove this one. One click removes all these nodes. (All unreachable are removed)

- fixed the new accuracy node

- added Avatar of Fire (though not sure about the numbers, maybe someone need to confirm if Skilltree ED is multiplikative or additive with increased elemental damage. The formulas look really complicated in case they would be additive because you would have to distinct between converted fire damage and non-converted one and so on. We currently have no AoF build to test numbers on)

- added Resolute Technique
Unofficial Offline Skilltree Tool by Headhorr and me:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19723

kenzen naru tamashii wa,
kenzen naru seishin to,
kenzen naru nikutai ni yadoru.
Last edited by ArtificialMind on Jan 23, 2012, 11:57:36 AM
Make this as a web app asp or so
BlackKeysus - 73 Witch ( Legacy )
BlackHammer - 56 Marauder ( Legacy )

CtrlAltDelete - 15 ( HC) R.I.P xD

Greetings from Switzerland
Last edited by cannap on Jan 4, 2012, 2:09:06 PM
I can confirm this works, and I love it, even just for the fact that I can see how many points I could spend <3
Last edited by Illedran on Jan 4, 2012, 2:50:34 PM
you're calculating casts per second wrong.

you're using the castspeed = casts per second

castspeed in game is the number of seconds it takes you to cast a given spell.

cool tool though
"
Darkfyre wrote:

cool tool though

well if you look in character window C then you have cast per seconds. Personally, I like cast per seconds better (more intuitive). If it's only a naming problem, I can change it easily, sry for confusing naming ;)

kenzen naru tamashii wa,
kenzen naru seishin to,
"
"
Darkfyre wrote:

cool tool though

well if you look in character window C then you have cast per seconds.

yes but the numeric output for "casts per sec" is currently just being set = to "castspeed" under the "spell" tab on the left. that's what i was saying

and these values are supposed to be inverted from each other. in other words it's supposed to be:

casts per sec = (1/castspeed)

since castspeed is the number of seconds it takes to cast a spell once.

but currently it is erroneously set to:

casts per sec = castspeed
Ok I see what you mean, but thats only a naming problem then. I'm adding it to the minor bugs.

kenzen naru tamashii wa,
kenzen naru seishin to,
I think you should change Accuracy to 'ACC' instead of 'AR'. It's quite confusing at first since 'AR' means Armor in like 95% of all situations that I'm used to.
AR = Attack rating^^
always was...^^
good old times
That's great.. but we don't have Attack Rating in PoE. You're playing the wrong game. That's why I suggested ACC, and not AC. AC means Armor Class in other games. There's no mistaking what ACC means.

We have Accuracy and Accuracy Rating. You can have percentages or integers and it still means the same thing. If I add 120 to Accuracy or 120 to Accuracy Rating, there's no difference because 'Chance to Hit' is seperate. Sure Accuracy Rating could be AR but that's conflicting with the usage of Armor. I guarantee you most people currently in PoE right now are using AR for armor, the same as EV for evasion and ES for energy shielf. It makes more sense. Armor can't be abbreviated any other way that makes sense. AM? AO? AMR? They don't work. ARM could work.. But AR is better. Just like ACC is better for anything related to Accuracy.

If the OP want's to leave Armor spelled out and use AR strictly for Accuracy Rating, then that's fine. Just know, that it can prove to be quite confusing.

Last edited by FaceLicker on Jan 4, 2012, 5:47:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info