0.9.5f Patch Notes

"
Mmcheetos wrote:
opinions aside. ggg had a serious server error. i voiced that error. not everyone uses their shit dl installer some people pay for lol.

with that aside for a dev to blame another company w/o looking into his own first is downright sad. and then a community of trolls backing it up is even worse.

had the dev actully logged in and looked that night he woulda seen said issues. as with any east coast na user.

so rally up n band 2gether for ignorance is the future!

In most cases, reports of lag boil down to bad connectivity between ISPs. We forward these reports to our (large datacentre) ISP so that they can investigate. They often come back to us quickly saying that they've worked with the other ISP to fix the bad connection.

If you're still getting lag issues, please send us a traceroute (tracert command in windows) of your connection to pathofexile.com and let us know what ISP you're with. I believe there's a thread about this in the bug reports forum with more specific instructions.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Chris whens the next patch? I needs moar
"
Chris wrote:

In most cases, reports of lag boil down to bad connectivity between ISPs. We forward these reports to our (large datacentre) ISP so that they can investigate. They often come back to us quickly saying that they've worked with the other ISP to fix the bad connection.

If you're still getting lag issues, please send us a traceroute (tracert command in windows) of your connection to pathofexile.com and let us know what ISP you're with. I believe there's a thread about this in the bug reports forum with more specific instructions.

For those who might be unsure how to do this:

1) Open a DOS prompt window (called 'Command Prompt' on your menu, or just run cmd

2) Type "tracert pathofexile.com" (without speechmarks), and wait for the trace to finish, then use the Edit - Mark - Copy commands that appear when you click the DOS icon in the top left, OR, "tracert pathofexile.com >tracert.txt" will output the result to a text file called tracert.txt that you can attach to an email.

Note that if you output to a file, and the trace is taking a long time, it might appear that your DOS window has crashed. It hasn't, it's just writing the results to a text file in the background. You'll know it's finished when the prompt returns and you can start typing again.

I'm sure most people know this already but just in case some don't. It's also a very useful troubleshooting tool any time you've having connectivity issues to anything else on the internet :)
"
Mmcheetos wrote:
opinions aside. ggg had a serious server error. i voiced that error. not everyone uses their shit dl installer some people pay for lol.

with that aside for a dev to blame another company w/o looking into his own first is downright sad. and then a community of trolls backing it up is even worse.
Jonathan didn't blame anyone. He said if you have it installed, see what happens if you remove it. That's not attributing the problem to you or PMB; it's troubleshooting. He's the only one out of the two of you who put any effort into resolving the issue. You just said it was the server with no evidence to back it up. Considering the lack of similar reports around the same time, it's most likely not the server. When servers have network issues, multiple clients will notice. As Chris said, it's most likely a connection/routing issue between you and the server, not an issue at you or the server.

When one person is being helpful and the other is being hostile, others are more likely to support the helpful person. Even if you were right, being hostile won't garner any support or do any good.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
i played for 4 hours b4 the patch with 0 lag steady 30-40 latency u guys patch im 1 of the first to relog. and im 200+ latency

"
and just for arguements sake i uninstalled league/poe, formatted a partion and reinstalled poe on its own partion.and Still had those lag issues last night.

amazing what happens when you read whiteboy.

the ingame town servers still hit 150-200 when 400+ are logged in. merci act 2 being the biggest issue.
now once i go thru a portal its back to 30-40.
and sometimes when i go to load act2 merci i see no npcs/wps/doors during said time latency is @ 0 and im forced to relog to that said town still being lagged.

all the while vent/steam claim im under 50 latency

Last edited by Mmcheetos on Jan 9, 2012, 1:20:53 PM
Can we ban you yet? Just because you cant handle fixing your own problems doesnt give you the right to flame a good developer.
"
Mmcheetos wrote:

had the dev actully logged in and looked that night he woulda seen said issues. as with any east coast na user.

so rally up n band 2gether for ignorance is the future!

server error would mean that a large (if not all) number of users would have lag, and thus come and comply of that. till now all I saw were a couple of cases, not quite many enough to jump blaming a server error. you could check evrything you have installed on your pc, not just the pando, but there can be other hidden DL managers, uTorrent, ad/spamware, viruses, wrongly setted up connection options, your ISP, proxies on the route between you/your isp and the game servers, just to name a couple....
Wraeclast's Finest clan:
http://wraeclastsfinest.guildlaunch.com

Live by the gun or die by my law
"
Mmcheetos wrote:
"
i played for 4 hours b4 the patch with 0 lag steady 30-40 latency u guys patch im 1 of the first to relog. and im 200+ latency

"
and just for arguements sake i uninstalled league/poe, formatted a partion and reinstalled poe on its own partion.and Still had those lag issues last night.

amazing what happens when you read whiteboy.
Yeah, I read your posts. How would I have known how rude and disrespectful they were if I hadn't?

Your first post simply stated that you have abnormal latency. That's the problem itself, with almost no other information to help troubleshooting other than the channel you connect through.

The second bit of info about your reinstall test was made after you started being rude and disrespectful. That's what I was talking about when I said he's put more effort into troubleshooting than you have.

"
Mmcheetos wrote:
the ingame town servers still hit 150-200 when 400+ are logged in. merci act 2 being the biggest issue.
now once i go thru a portal its back to 30-40.
and sometimes when i go to load act2 merci i see no npcs/wps/doors during said time latency is @ 0 and im forced to relog to that said town still being lagged.

all the while vent/steam claim im under 50 latency

Evaluating the symptoms and evidence:
You have high latencies to the PoE server.
You have low latencies to other servers.
The lack of similar reports indicates a majority of other players have acceptable latencies to the PoE server (I'm playing on a 4MB connection through wireless from California and I have better latencies than you).

The logical conclusion from anyone trained in network troubleshooting is that you have a bad connection to this specific server. This is most likely due to routing in between the nodes (the server and you), which is what Chris said.

Providing a tracert would be a great help. Contacting your ISP and asking them to fix your route to pathofexile.com (173.193.53.194) would also be a useful step to take. Insulting the dev who tries to help you isn't going to be useful in fixing your problem.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jan 9, 2012, 9:13:15 PM
"
Chris wrote:

Yep, it was all motherfuckin Telecom's fault D:<
It's all good now though.
Sweeping Maid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info