[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Just re-specced my cyclone champion to your build and I have to say that it works GREAT. I love lacerate since you can strike from a distance and keep safe while kiting with leap slam.

I have pretty similar items (minus the %speed on gloves) but my damage is nowhere near yours 25k with auras (no flasks, frenzy). Any idea why??? Here is my profile, https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Hultan/characters (char is Hultann). Thx!
I've been running your build on my first character in a group of 4. I've been moving towads more dps aND tank when I'm running higher teir maps with them.

I got a new axe with good rolls on it but im not sure if I need physical or bleed. Also I'm looking to squeeze in a void heart but keep resist and health high.

Just looking for anyone's opinion.
Hey OP, me again, the guy who said he was gonna try a Varunastra variant of this build a week or so ago. Things were going quite well, but I started to notice some rares and bosses around t10 or so start to take a REALLY long time to kill. I started tweaking the build a bit more and decided to try a Skin of the Loyal 6L with a Devoto's. That ended up being a huge gain, giving more levels on gems and attack speed meaning about a 25k dps boost, as well as quite a bit more armour and evasion. The only thing I really lost was the awesome HP roll on the Devoto's. Lacking the gem slots was also really bugging me out so I'm happy I tried it.

(boots are death's door that I swap between another character)

Anyway, I am still having trouble with uber lab. My HP is around 5k, so the boss can almost 1 shot me. I've tried it three times at different phases in my gear and tree but it's still no go. Just wondering if I missed something that should make that more doable because at my current state I'm still too squishy and do too little damage despite the optimizations I've made. Or maybe there's some strategy to the fight using this build that I'm not aware of? I've never made a lab farmer before, was really hoping this guy could do it comfortably.
I've hit a wall at T16 bosses... I can smash everything else so far. I might swap out lacerate for the single target, mechanical engagements, and see if the range provided by lacerate helps at all.
I've done my first atziri run easy just now. (lvl 88) Thanks for the build dude loving it.

My gear:

the gems in my armor are only for leveling them up. (Enhace & Enlighten) The other one is for the quick change with CE.
Last edited by Evalonix on Jan 6, 2017, 4:49:17 PM
Kewl gonna do atziri really soon to gonna have fun with that one :) I'm sure btw my char and stuff not that good but it does the trick I hope

Awesome Eva that you did that, now it's my turn :P
What i have to buy to improve ? I have around 200 chaos orbs. ( check out my char in profile)
I have done Cleave version of this build. Love it. Love leaping to the edge of a pack and swing away. I do feel a bit squishy at times although i picked the whole Scion Life Wheel. Some bosses do take time cus of single target dps but i dont mind. I have managed to kill the Minotaur for the first time, also was my first attempt ever on a guardian. It was not deathless lol. I have killed all breachlords but chayula (not enough splinters yet). I can do them deathless pretty easy now. Ya and normal Atziri is easy.

Yes im a scrubcore player ;)

I also still have alot of options to improve my gear so maybe i can take down a second Guardian.

Cheers and thanks for the guide!
Hey, nice build. Ill try change Jack Axe for Rigwald's Savagery Royal Axe, maybe its a good idea
Hey supreme_pizza,

Thanks for this amazing build. I just came back to PoE from stopping in 2013, and looking through all these amazing changes and updates, your build was the only one suitable for me. The playstyle is exactly what I'm looking for, and I already had some of the equips suitable for this build when I left back then.

My question now to everyone is, how can I improve on my equipment? Which pieces do I upgrade next? I'm currently only on T1 to T4 maps, slowly farming my way up.

I swap around Cleave with Lacerate sometimes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info