[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

How do you maintain the needed intelligence to run increased area of effect on a high level? Do you put it onto some gear slots?
By dropping Jack the axe how do you plan to keep your bleed up and sustained?
"
ICONz_Womble wrote:
By dropping Jack the axe how do you plan to keep your bleed up and sustained?

It's right in the gear explanation.

"Late-game we can obtain a very high DPS Axe with the vagan mastercraft."

Vagan can craft "Causes bleeding on hit" at Level 7.
I wonder a little about the mechanics here, since cleave hits with both weapons at the same time.
If you have two weapons and one is slower than the other, then the slower weapons speed will decide your attack speed right? Thus it makes no sense to pick up a high DPS axe that only has this high DPS because of some crazy attack speed - because soul taker will limit its attack speed and thus DPS down.

What about the damage compared to a 2hander? If I have two 250 DPS axes and compare it to a 280 DPS 2hand, then thr damage between those two options should be about equal? Since there is no way the 1handers get added together, that would be way too strong.
I suspect that instead, the average DPS of both counts and then you get the attackspeed buff, making the two options around equal?
I played this build in Prophecy with Lacerate and loved it, thanks for the guide.

Out of curiosity, with all the weapon range love in 2.5, doesn't cleave still not rely on the stat for it's range? The main reason I used Lacerate instead was the huge difference in coverage. I want to love cleave though, and would love to be proven wrong by someone that could say cleave's AoE got some love through this patch.
"
Sphen wrote:
I played this build in Prophecy with Lacerate and loved it, thanks for the guide.

Out of curiosity, with all the weapon range love in 2.5, doesn't cleave still not rely on the stat for it's range? The main reason I used Lacerate instead was the huge difference in coverage. I want to love cleave though, and would love to be proven wrong by someone that could say cleave's AoE got some love through this patch.

I'm with you! - Cleave still needs to be up and front and will result in death alot in endgame maps :(
I'm running Lacerate and switching out aoe with conc on bosses - I can't do atziri yet tho....meh!

Can you post any video while using lacerate?
Both the helmet and the soul taker axe are 50+ chaos, making the build around 5 ex cost - way too expensive for me.

What I am trying to do is not run artic armor and trying to make the whole thing work with mana leech instead. However, I fear that no matter how much % mana leech you have, since leech is capped to be at a max rate based on your max mama (just like life leech) I think that once you have certain attackspeed you cannot sustain it anymore.

That would suck.

I am also definitely taking a rare axe + master craft over jack. The 50% less life leech per second malus just fucks up life leech too hard. And LL is an important defensive layer for this build.

I'll probably be around level 85 before I can make the transition.
Is lacerate any good over cleave?
"
verozo wrote:
Is lacerate any good over cleave?

In my experience NOT AT ALL....and its a shame since i prefer that playstyle. OP doesnt seem to respond to quistions anymore (see my post on page 57) - So I'm gonna be looking for another lacerate build, maybe a crit one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info