[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

The blind, endurance charges and block chance provide really good defense. Blind especially allows you to facetank higher level bosses very easily.

It also provides 20-30 physical damage to attacks. So the damage it provides is higher than an average 6L armour. Also it is very cost-effective. So I highly recommend using BoR if you can get your hands on it.
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
The blind, endurance charges and block chance provide really good defense. Blind especially allows you to facetank higher level bosses very easily.

It also provides 20-30 physical damage to attacks. So the damage it provides is higher than an average 6L armour. Also it is very cost-effective. So I highly recommend using BoR if you can get your hands on it.

Hmm, i see, makes sense i guess.

I just feel like i will have a very hard time capping my resistances with two slots missing entirely. I dont know what the prices for double-resistance + Life rares will be in Breach HC (will start tonight) but yeah, i guess i will see.
If i cannot cap my resistances then i probably just wouldnt equqip it, as far as i understand the build doesnt rely on it clear-speed wise.

Still trying to figure out what killed my normal-HC character - it had around 5k life, i was running T1-Maps, went into a Zana-Mission and died to a unique mob. It looked like a hound or ape and apparently had some incredible degen-aura. It wasnt even in hit-range when i died to it.
So yeah, im a little worried about chaos-damage and degens too, and since i fell behind hard in knowledge (1 year+ break) i should probably play something tanky until i learned all bosses.

But being tanky and not having clearspeed is a farce and i wouldnt enjoy it.
I speced into this build and love it, I added some dif gems for mine as i am leveling but the just of it is the same. Amazing build. Only thing im really using that i enjoy is the Verusos' Battering ram gloves. the 4% extra melee damage per endurance charge is awesome.

Level 74 atm and here is what i am using for the build

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQSzBS0LYQvBDjwOQxHVEuETTBPJFCAUTRRxFewX4RiRGNsaVSFgJvgoKimlMHc17zboOlI67TwFPQBAoEMxRmlHfk4yUEdXl1n-Xz9gQWEhY3BkUmVNZadnm2jybNh07XTxdqx673zZgUGBm4IHhNmE74VShmCHKYrwi0-Rzpd5m2qf36IAouqtja4-rlCvbLCruR277byfvTa-eL6nwGbBi8GjxILGrs1fz37ZYdl82sHiYeRR6hjvDu988B_3Mvjr_Ev-aw==

I did a similar build a couple leagues back but I'm just wondering, did they ever make it so you get charges from Outmatch and Outlast even if your bleed/explosion destroys enemies?

I always found it near impossible to maintain endurance charges at all and frenzy charges w/o blood rage even with that talent because the bleed explosion killed most packs.
Jump in Enduring Cry, THEN NUKE 'EM
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
I did a similar build a couple leagues back but I'm just wondering, did they ever make it so you get charges from Outmatch and Outlast even if your bleed/explosion destroys enemies?

I always found it near impossible to maintain endurance charges at all and frenzy charges w/o blood rage even with that talent because the bleed explosion killed most packs.

i never have a problem with charges. even when my immortal call procs i have charges back in seconds
How far can this build go? Uber Atziri? Guardians? T15 Maps? I doubt it could do Shaper since it is a budget build, but it should at least do Guardians and Uber Atziri, right?

Other than that, I've been loving this; it's a lot of fun to jump around and explode things. Great build.
Breach league update

currently 17/40 challenges at level 85

Still needs quite a bit of work, but for only a few days I'm pleased :)
IGN: Sin
Hi there

I've earlier tried a lacerate/cleave build similar to this. I found the dps to be WAY too low, so I tried yours...
The dps is better on cleave...I'm hitting 55k unbuffed on a lvl 16 cleave gem, which is okay-ish and I'm topping out on around 117k buffed and charged.

However... I really prefer the gameplay the lacerate has to offer. - But unbuffed dps drops to around 23k dps unbuffed :O - So do i need to change gear or tree in order to get a viable lacerate build going or what?

I would really appreciate general tips on gear improvements also, since im used to bow and spellcasters :D

With regards!

GEAR:
Spoiler
I'm in the process of dropping a rare ring for Voidheart and dropping Jack the Axe (although I've grown to love that item) for a higher dps rare axe. I'm also picking up a bleed cluster near our tree for some extra dps and bleed chance. If you want more dmg, that's what I suggest doing.

*edit* Additionally, vaaling Jack the Axe for culling strike, or better yet.. I linked a quality Culling Strike to leap slam. It gives faster attack speed and helps with tough bosses.
IGN: Sin
Last edited by Make_A_Witch_Foundation on Dec 5, 2016, 6:49:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info