[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

"
Sphen wrote:
"
13isLucky wrote:
"
HeroSirian wrote:
Any alternatives to Soul Taker? It's super expensive. :-(
Personally from experience, I would say no. To forego Soul Taker would require crafted Elreon jewelry to achieve a similar effect which would in turn make the cost ridiculous.

Honestly though I think it would be possible. You don't have to make your Elreon jewelry into perfect GG pieces. Your trade would something like dropping an aura for the ability to get a higher dps. Or using a blood magic gem, hoping that the stronger axe made up for it. Or having to take a point or few in resist nodes to make up for sub-optimal Elreon jewelry. Soul Taker makes this build very efficient, but isn't crucial imo. Unless you consider any of these changes as making it "not this build" just for the sake of argument. Maybe also get some mana leech on jewelry, etc.

This is exactly what I did because I simply can't afford Soul Taker right now. I only use 2 auras so I still have mana left for cleave. Leap Slam and other spells are linked to blood magic support.

Linking cleave to a blood magic support gem is possible too, but the damage loss is too big imo.
Continuing my quest to do this build. I've given up. XD

Seems you really weren't kidding about the 70+ life in items, 150 base life in BoR and the 7% life jewels, else you'd end up with 4k life only in end game. Defense seems a little low as well unless you have the higher rolled gear.

Trash mean nothing to this build as it mows them to a bloody mist, but I'm having a hard time against hard-hitting bosses because of my low life.

I've long respecced my build to a shield using one. Giving up my Jack for a Lioneye's Remorse. Most of the build stayed the same, except of course the DW nodes got respecced to shield ones.

EDIT: I got a Soul Taker btw. Albeit a low rolled one since the higher rolls are too expensive.
Last edited by HeroSirian on Aug 22, 2016, 8:51:51 AM
great build, really enjoy it, easy simple and fun, still working on getting better rares as i've got all uniques listed and yes, soul taker makes life so much simpler, cleave and leap for days :D

im looking into and planning on a bow build similar to this but taking out all the melee nodes ofc, as ive noticed its the cleave that makes things go boom....i reckon it'd be quite tanky but i'll keep ya updated if i get anywhere with any success

cheers!
Absolutely love this build, played it way back in perandus as my third rolled character. Only lvl 87 with 5,546 life, max resists.

Once my leagues merge and uber lab is unlocked I'm looking forward to picking up the extra two ascendancy points. Also bought an 276 dps axe to mastercraft bleed onto.

Curious about what other flask setups people are running though. Mine is pretty generic and I can afford whatever.
Build just got a 19% dmg buff too with cleave.
Has this been updated for Atlas of Worlds yet?
ye please update this build. I love it :)
I have updated the build!!

Cleave has gotten a massive 19% 'more' damage boost which is HUGE (Like getting 5 bonus Frenzy Charges), so this build will be a lot stronger than before.

Items are still the same, so everything will still remain very budget.

I have changed the skill tree very slightly. I have removed a jewel slot, and instead grabbed +17% maximum life and +30% increased armour instead. This is because our damage has increased a lot, and since maps will be harder, we will need more life/armour.

So in conclusion, this build will be tankier and stronger than ever before!

Last edited by cookees on Sep 5, 2016, 6:08:57 AM
Can we use lacerate instead of cleave ?
I was wondering how far this build can go, right now in this league I am playing as a voltaxic deadeye and wanna mix things up. So will I be able to play the same content with this build or is this weaker? I really think it looks fun to play :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info