[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

I will be going on break so will not be able to answer any questions for a while.

But feel free to leave any feedback and if you have any questions anout the build, I'm sure some other players who have played or are currently playing the build can help you out.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 2, 2016, 11:01:37 PM
Atziri's acuity are good for this build?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAASzBS0GiwlYCiYLYQ48DkMR1RLhE0wTyRQgFE0UcRXsF-EYkRjbGlUg4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUwdzXvNug6UjrtPAU8LT38QKBBdEMxRrdHfk4yUEdXl1hjWf5aGl8_X9pgQWEhY3BkUmVNZadl8GebaGVo8nTtdPF1Tnaseu982YFBggeDX4TZhO-FUoZgivCLT4zPkc6S95d5m2qf36IAouqmja2Nrj6uUK9ssKu5HbvtvJ-9Nr6nwGbBi8GjwzPEgsauxtjNX89-02_T_Nlh2Xzawdun4mHkUeoY7w7vfPAf8kHz3fZI9zL3TfgC-Ov8S_5r?accountName=FEELme2013&characterName=FEELMEPSY

I am level 93 now using this guide. Gotta be honest, this build is only for league starter and not for those seeking for "end game mode". I am stuck in 93 now cause of dying too many times trying to do hard maps above T13.

Yea, clear speed is great when u do "solo" map but hey, lots of builds can clear maps fast TOO when you do SOLO. The speed gets a lot a lot slower when you do map in full party (VERY LONG), unless you have an aura bot in team or a guy with great dps.

As the title suggest, it is a budget build and not end-game build.
Last edited by FEELme2013 on Oct 6, 2016, 5:05:26 AM
@Psycho_Ad

I don't recommend Atziri's Acuity since we are a non-crit build. But the intelligence and armour it provides are pretty nice, so you can use it if you have a spare one lying around. Otherwise a rare glove with good attack speed, life and resistances is better.

@FEELme2013

Hey man, gratz on getting to 93. I have some possible suggestions that could improve your current setup, that could potentially take you up a bit further.

First of all, I suggest dropping Ming's Heart. Ming's Heart isn't what it used to be anymore, the loss of life is too damaging. By replacing Ming's Heart with a rare ring with 90+ life, you can easily gain 500 life, which is very huge for the build. If you get high phys damage on that rare ring, it can make up for the damage lost from Ming's. Get intelligence on that rare ring as well.

Chaos resistance isn't that important, since we have a lot of life regen for this build, which is good against chaos degen/poison.

If you get intelligence on that ring, then you reduce the restrictions on your amulet. This allows you to get an amulet with 80+ life. This will increase your life by around 200.

I haven't seen your jewels, but hopefully they all have % increased maximum life on them like mine. If they don't, I suggest upgrading them to life jewels.

Another note, take out the Immortal Call from your CWDT setup. I haven't updated the build much since Perandus. But it is better to have 5 permanent endurance charges up since the 2.3 change to 'Outmatch and Outlast'. This will give you 30% physical damage reduction, up nearly all the time.

Overall these changes should bump you up to around 6k Life and give you some nice physical damage reduction as well. Also buy a Rumi's if you haven't gotten one yet, with Conc. Effect, this will let you facetank heaps of bosses at T13+.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by cookees on Oct 6, 2016, 12:16:00 AM
Hi, sorry I was just trying out ming for a few minutes. I haven't been using it. I edited my previous post.

Thanks for your other suggestions, i will try them out.

Got 87 with this build. This is my highest lvl and best character now.
I have 79k dps w/o charges now, with conc it is 124k.
Armor and dps:
Spoiler

My skill build is slightly different, gotta take at least 1 additional vigour charge. 4 vigour and frenzy now.

I had some ideas how to improve my build, so Unwaverinng stance is kinda vital to pick up. Cause i had some troubles when i got stunned or somewhat and my character just stopped attacking and died in seconds.
Next I thought about changing BoR for Abyssus and Lightning coil or Coil and rare helm. This would improve my survivability. Dont think abyssus is a good idea since this is non crit build.
So maybe supreme_pizza or somebody would answer on how to make my build better.
@Perdulkin

Hey man, nice work on getting to level 87. I can suggest some changes to your current setup. I think your Life is too low currently. Generally, you should have 5-5.5k Life by level 87. If your life is too low, you will get stunned, since stun is based on your life total, so try to increase it if you can.

If you can afford it, I recommend upgrading all your jewels into jewels with %increased maximum life. So, try to get a Jewel with %increased maximum life and 2 damage mods. Like this one.

Also, I think the Life on your jewellery is too low. Try to get at least around 60-70 Life on each of your rings and amulet if you can afford it.

Yeah Abyssus is not a good idea for this build. I think sticking with BoR is probably better for now. If you can get a Rumi's Concoction, you can try that out. It will help a lot vs tanking bosses.

Good luck!
Last edited by cookees on Oct 7, 2016, 12:28:52 AM
Oops double post
Last edited by cookees on Oct 7, 2016, 12:26:44 AM
Thx for answering, supreme_pizza. Im currently saving currency for Taste of hate. Isn't it much better then Rumi's ? The price differs a lot. I got the idea to have at least 60 life on all items, but good mods with life cost a lot for me now. And another question - how vital is chaos res? I try to max it all ways, but it is still around 0, should i have more? Currently, i can have more life istead of chaos res. What's better?
@perdulkin

Personally for this build, I think Rumi's is better than ToH as it provides a really big defensive bonus. So I would rather spend that currency you are saving for on %increased life jewels and life gear. This will provide a bigger boost to your defense than a ToH.

Chaos resistance is not that important anymore. We have a lot of life regen so poison and chaos degen isn't a problem. I would probably just leave chaos resistance at -60% or -40%. The only areas where it is good to have chaos resistance is against arachnid nest boss, jungle valley boss and Bameth. Otherwise, don't bother investing too much into chaos resistance, it's not worth it.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 7, 2016, 4:31:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info