[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

"
13isLucky wrote:
"
Zokkoven wrote:
Hello, Can you really confirmed that the axe passive apply to both axe? Kinda have arguement with guildies. For example, There a note that has 16% physical + 8% as to axe, will it double like 32 + 16% when wearing 2 axes?
I can't beyond trying to find two identical dps/as sword and an axe. Based on the fact that Varunastra multi dips, I am under the assumption that 2x axe/sword/mace all work the same within their class unless it is a specific MH/OH stat. There is probably something that addresses it in the Mechanics Thread. I haven't looked in there in a while though.

I did test the damage output of 2 identical jewel . my dps of cleave is now 65k. with only auras. I have 1 gem +16% physical attack and 1 + 15% physical attack to axe. In theory, my damage should be higher when wearing +15% physical attack to Axe. But turn out , the damage is like this:

+15% physical attack : dps 63.2k
+15% physical attack to axe : dps 63.1k

In conclusion, wearing physical attack to axe does not buff dual axe. So what is the point wearing 2 axe then? Could we just wear 400 pDps sword if I got one? How does this thing calculated?

If you have 6% physical attack to axe when wearing dual axe. Which axe will +% damage?
"
Zokkoven wrote:
"
13isLucky wrote:
"
Zokkoven wrote:
Hello, Can you really confirmed that the axe passive apply to both axe? Kinda have arguement with guildies. For example, There a note that has 16% physical + 8% as to axe, will it double like 32 + 16% when wearing 2 axes?
I can't beyond trying to find two identical dps/as sword and an axe. Based on the fact that Varunastra multi dips, I am under the assumption that 2x axe/sword/mace all work the same within their class unless it is a specific MH/OH stat. There is probably something that addresses it in the Mechanics Thread. I haven't looked in there in a while though.

I did test the damage output of 2 identical jewel . my dps of cleave is now 65k. with only auras. I have 1 gem +16% physical attack and 1 + 15% physical attack to axe. In theory, my damage should be higher when wearing +15% physical attack to Axe. But turn out , the damage is like this:

+15% physical attack : dps 63.2k
+15% physical attack to axe : dps 63.1k

In conclusion, wearing physical attack to axe does not buff dual axe. So what is the point wearing 2 axe then? Could we just wear 400 pDps sword if I got one? How does this thing calculated?

If you have 6% physical attack to axe when wearing dual axe. Which axe will +% damage?

why i was losing lot of dps when i switched 1 of my axe for a higther dps sword then?

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jun 11, 2016, 1:31:56 PM
between im trying sunder with this build atm and to be honest, it feel pretty damn amazing. the range is really good and the aoe dmg is quite insane. there only 1 thing......single target dmg is not really good BUT if there monster around, it does a good chunk of dmg.it feel faster then cleave and near lacerate (dmg is better then lacerate) and its a red gem.it seem another great alternative and for boss, you can always swap it for cleave.

Managed to snag a scaeva with a 4% extra block corrupted implicit. So happy! 12% extra block from that scaeva alone.

I'm really liking this soultaker/scaeva/voidheart setup I got going, but I desperately need that versatile combatant node. I honestly might just spec out of outmatch and outlast and pick that up again later as my 8th point. I think versatile combatant is too important with a 50%+ block build.

Once I have more currency I might experiment with dropping outmatch/outlast completely in favor of violent retaliation. The fact that bleed explosions do not generate frenzy charges really pisses me off. Having to waste a gem link on blood rage + blood magic, and then not having endurance/frenzy charges or even that 10% extra damage and reduced damage taken for boss fights like Izaro. Feelsbadman.
Last edited by Anbokr on Jun 11, 2016, 7:58:11 PM
@Zokkoven

increased attack damage and increased physical damage with axes have the same effect, provided you are using 2 axes.

The reason why his damage was lower when equipping a sword was because he had axe specific nodes. These passives buff the axe damage but not the sword damage, so the axe damage nodes are only 50% effective.

@BathedinBlood

Thanks for the compliment!

@Anbokr

The new voidheart ring seems pretty insane. I probably won't add it to the guide because it is only obtainable in Prophecy and pretty expensive. But it does open a lot of doors in this league.

Yeah versatile combatant is definitely pretty strong for a 50% block build, but outmatch and outlast is pretty good as well, so it is a tough decision.

@zakariusqc

Hmm go with whichever you prefer, there are plenty of options to choose from. Good luck!

Last edited by MoarPizza on Jun 12, 2016, 11:48:40 AM
ANy tips for HC? I'm ~43 and finding that cleave is kind of crap against bosses... Should I be using Earthquake instead?
@razzle

I think Cleave is probably the best melee skill for bosses, especially when swapping in concentrated effect. It probably won't be that effective though until you get your 3 core items (Jack the axe, Soul taker and Bringer of Rain).

So you can probably use Earthquake until you get 1-2 of those items if you want.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Jun 13, 2016, 6:10:00 AM
I have question, why Jack, the Axe not talking on this patch? :(
Last edited by Ozborn on Jun 13, 2016, 3:10:37 PM
Sorry MoarPizza just another question in that case-- While leveling which are the must haves for Cleave as supports when I don't have bringer of rain yet?

Cleave -> Added Fire Damage -> Concentrated/IncreaseAOE -> ???

Do I just put in Melee Physical until I can get BoR?

I guess I am just trying to understand what is going to "unlock" the damage on this character. Is it just the ascendancy? I guess I will have to nut up and figure out how to do the ascending on HC for first time lol
Last edited by razzle on Jun 13, 2016, 5:05:10 PM
What kind of map (t8/t9) xp/hour roughly should we be getting with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info