[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Going to drop all my currency on a good Soultaker + Voidheart + Scaeva + a bunch of regrets this weekend (the former 2 are the expensive bits).

Thinking of taking the points I save from axe nodes and using them on the bleed nodes around duelist. Going to drop gratuitous violence for versatile combatant and try to get as much block as I can through jewels and the like.

Will report back with results.
Last edited by Anbokr on Jun 10, 2016, 4:11:28 AM
"
zakariusqc wrote:
so yes axe passive apply to both weapon, thx. i might try to modify my build by taking dualwield nods instead. the thing is, axe nods are A LOT stronger (and lot more)then other dmg nods so il always end up losing dps but well.....almost 1% leech+8% block+spell block is pretty damn good.

for the soul taker, for me its a must. im using iron reflexe to increase my dmg reduction. im using hatred+grace and without soul taker, that impossible.im only going with hatred atm since i dont have any soul taker...they cost so much :(

edit:ok i made some modification and i end up losing only about 1k dps(with cleave) so its not to bad. i do lose onslaught from the axe passive but its only 10% chance on kill that last 3 sec so no big deal. i might lose more dps because i was still missing some good axe nods and im not sure wich dps nods to take now.

i also went back to lacerate and switched my leap for wirhling blade. its a safer way to play and wirhling blade help to position myself.the tooltips dps of lacerate is actualy quite low (14 650) with 4 frenzy charge up but doesnt feel to bad for now and i still need my soul taker and il be able to put fire dmg gem on my BOR instead of blood magic so should be decent. still far from what a cleave build can go.

that wath my build will look like.i only miss the jewel slot atm.do you have any better suggestion?
This is my rough plan. It leaves points open as I didn't go to 100 with it, not exactly sure what I will need by that point. It leaves the option open to grab more damage, the 16 AR gem slot you took in your original, or more life from the rectangle.

As for Soul Taker, I really like it but so far, Warlords+Blasphemy is keeping mana pretty solid. Added HoA with it last night and was able to sustain without using a pot as long as I had mobs to kill. Max dps for a ST is 295 pDPS and there have been several swords/axes on trade with 300-375 pDPS for the same 3 exalt cost.
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAIAAUxBQUlFQWdzQWVRSGNCTE1GTFFsWUMyRU1YeEhWRkNBVjdCeW5JV0FrbXlncUthVXlDVFdTTmU4NjdUd0ZQQzFCZEVNeFJKNUhmbEJIVTZWVHUxZVhYejlnUVdOd1pVMW5nR2ViYVBKc1JtMjBienR5YkhUdGRQRjM0M2dOZ1VHRFg0VFppdkNMVDVkNW15MmlBS2dIcVc2dVBxOXN0Zks1SGIwMnZxZV8xY0Fhd0diQmk4YXUwMl9UX05pOTI2ZmtVZThPNzN6d0hfZE53UVI1YUVDZ1JyZDY3LWxHeXBDYmFvVlMyV0d0amM5LWRxenFHUGN5Zk5uNDZ4UngyWHlDQjNLcHJLcFo4M0lQbEc5bVZCbzRrRlVuTF9QZGFHWDJTTVJZUGZ4WVk4YllubGQyZjM3Z2hNUjdqSl9mQm9zS0ppRGpYOXBzMkw1NAAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==
On a different note, has anyone tried poison support instead of Added Fire? I had my BoR colored for it but then realized when I hit 67 that I couldn't buy Poison from the vendor. Had a guildy buy it for me on his shadow but I had already re-chromed to added fire.

Edit: I may test Poison on standard to see what it changes for the better or the worse. Pretty sure I have a leveled one there.

Did some comparison on axe nodes vs. sword.
Axe wheel = 9 points. 147% increased phys with axes. 9% AS. 10% Onslaught chance.
Sword wheel = 7 points(last 2 are not efficient). 96% increased phys with swords. 16% AS. 5% bleed chance.

If you want to spend 9 vs 9. There are 2 places you can gain 24% increased phys to any weapon for 2 points.
Last edited by 13isLucky on Jun 10, 2016, 9:30:11 AM
Got OCD on looking at values...
Spoiler
Lvl 99 no weapon specialization(sword/axe combo)
343.6% Phys/107% AS
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAIAAVxBQUlFQWdzQWZnSGNCTE1GTFFsWUMyRU1YeEhWRkNBVjdCeW5JV0FrbXlncUthVXlDVFdTTmU4NjdUd0ZQQzFCZEVNeFJKNUhmbEJIVTZWVHUxZVhYejlnUVdOd1pVMW5nR2ViYVBKc1JtMjBienR5YkhUdGRQRjM0M2dOZ1VHRFg0VFppdkNMVDVkNW9nQ29CNmx1cmo2dmJMWHl1UjI5TnI2bnY5WEFHc0Jtd1l2R3J0TnYwX3pZdmR1bjVGSHZEdTk4OEJfM1RjRUVlV2hBb0VhM2V1X3BSc3FRbTJxRlV0bGhyWTNQZm5hczZoajNNbnpaLU9zVWNkbDhnZ2R5cWF5cVdmTnlENVJ2WmxRYU9KQlZKeV96M1dobDlrakVXRDM4V0dQRzJKNVhkbjktNElURWU0eWYzM1lyZ0lxWks3MkJteTBlbEFhTENpWWc0MV9hYk5pLWVBPT0ACEFBQUFBUUFBAAA=

Lvl 99 Sword Spec
391.6% Phys/104% AS
http://www.poeplanner.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

Lvl 99 Axe Spec
418.6% Phys/97% AS
http://www.poeplanner.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
New poster but have been playing this build in PSC and have a slight variation. First of all, I use the Jack/Soul Taker/BoR combo with Lacerate. Tool tip unbuffed is 15.7k. With Hatred, HoA, and Arctic Armor it is 21.3k. I have only gotten 4 ascendancy points and they are in Outmatched and Gratuitous. There is no quality on any of my gems. Here is where I make my change.

I am not one for IC so instead I four-linked my gloves and went with Ancestral Warchief linked with Increased AOE, Melee splash and Culling Strike. All buffed this is an additional 10k of damage from the totem and adds another 3k to my own tooltip damage (16% more melee damage from a lvl 18 gem with no quality).

I toss the totem, which draws the attack (and attacks on its own about 3 times per second) then pound them with lacerate as they approach the totem. Since I also wear a Pyre ring, everything explodes into a pretty red mist as it is culled. Bonus, nothing get rejuvenated.

At lvl 80, I cruise through Tier 8 maps but have not had a chance to run higher maps (cuz I have not yet found one).

I am considering swapping the increased AOE gem with an item rarity gem for mapping but that's for another story.

Anyhow, great build. Lots of fun. You have all done a masterful job of making something easy to play. Keep up the great work.
"
13isLucky wrote:
On a different note, has anyone tried poison support instead of Added Fire? I had my BoR colored for it but then realized when I hit 67 that I couldn't buy Poison from the vendor. Had a guildy buy it for me on his shadow but I had already re-chromed to added fire.

Edit: I may test Poison on standard to see what it changes for the better or the worse. Pretty sure I have a leveled one there.

Did some comparison on axe nodes vs. sword.
Axe wheel = 9 points. 147% increased phys with axes. 9% AS. 10% Onslaught chance.
Sword wheel = 7 points(last 2 are not efficient). 96% increased phys with swords. 16% AS. 5% bleed chance.

If you want to spend 9 vs 9. There are 2 places you can gain 24% increased phys to any weapon for 2 points.

I haven't but I think using that new voidheart ring might be the best solution. Gets us poison, 100% bleed (instead of 25%), and the remaining stats on it aren't HORRID, not the best, but not horrid.
"
Anbokr wrote:
I haven't but I think using that new voidheart ring might be the best solution. Gets us poison, 100% bleed (instead of 25%), and the remaining stats on it aren't HORRID, not the best, but not horrid.
I definitely have it in my sights, they are a bit pricey already converted. Hoping I get the prophecy so that I can convert one up. Will have to juggle resists around but I think it will probably be worth it.
"
13isLucky wrote:
"
zakariusqc wrote:
does axe passive is doubled while using 2 axe? i tried scaeva (265 dps) instead of my axe (235 dps) and im losing 4k tooltips dps?why im losing so much dps while scaeva is higther?

i also wanted to use whirling blade but if im losing that much dps....im not sure since i was using leap with endu charge on stun....im losing 4k dps (for now) and 3 endu charge for 8% block and some leach.

when il get soul taker, i will also lose my 100% bleed from using scaeva....really not sure about that weapon
Scaeva won't get any boost from the axe passives. So you are losing the stats from an offhand axe. This is why I decided to forego the axe nodes till later. You can get plenty of damage without taking the weapon specific nodes until you "finalize" your weapon choices.

Considered this morning not taking a weapon specialization at all and instead taking the axe/sword combo nodes near Marauder. Scaeva can get close to 270 dps and the 8% block is pretty nice. I went 3R as well for the extra leach.

With all of the bleed options now, it is hard to say what will play out as the best setup until someone gets them and compares.

Still on fence about Soul Taker.
A. I can't afford one yet.
B. You can get higher dps from a well crafted rare.
C. The mana it provides is huge, that is the main reason to use it. Warlords/Blasphemy is working well so far but time will tell how it plays out. I do miss having Hatred+HoA currently.

Hello, Can you really confirmed that the axe passive apply to both axe? Kinda have arguement with guildies. For example, There a note that has 16% physical + 8% as to axe, will it double like 32 + 16% when wearing 2 axes?
"
Zokkoven wrote:
Hello, Can you really confirmed that the axe passive apply to both axe? Kinda have arguement with guildies. For example, There a note that has 16% physical + 8% as to axe, will it double like 32 + 16% when wearing 2 axes?
I can't beyond trying to find two identical dps/as sword and an axe. Based on the fact that Varunastra multi dips, I am under the assumption that 2x axe/sword/mace all work the same within their class unless it is a specific MH/OH stat. There is probably something that addresses it in the Mechanics Thread. I haven't looked in there in a while though.
that really start to annoye me :(

i like the axe-sword setup since i can use whirling blade and it feel great with lacerate but it seem to kill my dmg....i should reach 20k when i got my soul taker (fully buffed) and i dont think i can reach 25k....

i can go axe-axe but i have to use leap and it doesnt feel that great with lacerate, cleave feel better and now i can jump my dps pretty hight (i could reach 100k). the clear speed might be slower because of cleave.the survavibility might also be lower since i lose the 8% block from the sword and im fully meele with cleave.

i could stay axe-axe and using lacerate but like i said, it feel a bit weird with leap. its much harder to position myself and i need to jump right in the mobs to get fortify while i can just pass true pack with whirling blade....

so...its going axe-sword in range with much lower dmg and higther survavibility or axe-axe with cleave for real hight dmg, slower clear speed and a bit less survavibility, full meele or going axe-axe with lacerate+leap wich didnt go that well together.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info