[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

@curtsie

I think 100% chance to cause bleed really helps ensure that we explod every monster. Just relying on the 25% from the passive is not that effective sadly. Although once you get richer, you can try and buy a high dps axe with the vagan mastercraft "causes bleeding on hit", which will allow you to cause bleed with every hit.

@Stee

Interesting observations, yeah 100% bleed chance is quite good for pack clearing. Same as above, you can opt for a high dps axe with the vagan mastercraft "bleeding on hit", but you will lose the life leech unfortunately.

@tauwyt

I think you still leech the same amount, but just at a lower rate. I think your tree looks pretty good, although I would probably drop the scion life wheel and grab the marauder starting life nodes, you lose a little bit of life compared to the wheel, but you do get a lot of increased armour in exchange, so I think it might be better.

@cronozcl

I think varunastra instead of soul taker could work, but you will lose some DPS and you have to drop either arctic armour or herald of ash. You will also need to find some mana leech somewhere.
I took off Jack the Axe, I bought a 320 Pdps rare and it increased my damage by 10k, sure you don't see as many explosions however the mobs die much faster higher tier maps.

I wasn't going to show it but since the enchant cat is out of the bag... 320 dps.
What are the downsides of switching Jack the axe for a higher pdps axe with crafted bleeding mod? (other than life leech on jack)
@Boltonsquads

If you can, try to craft the bleeding on hit prefix mod from Vagan level 7, so you can always see explosions :p

@13isLucky

Man, that's a really nice axe. I think this is as good as it gets.

@anvilgod

Mainly just the loss of life leech (along with the talking axe). If you disregard the Life Leech, and have the currency to spare, then you can try obtaining a 300+ pDPS rare axe with the Vagan mastercraft "Bleeding on Hit".

I personally don't find the extra damage necessary for my build so I'd rather keep the leech, but that is up to you.
Last edited by cookees on Mar 24, 2016, 7:04:34 AM
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
@Boltonsquads

If you can, try to craft the bleeding on hit prefix mod from Vagan level 7, so you can always see explosions :p

@13isLucky

Man, that's a really nice axe. I think this is as good as it gets.

@anvilgod

Mainly just the loss of life leech (along with the talking axe). If you disregard the Life Leech, and have the currency to spare, then you can try obtaining a 300+ pDPS rare axe with the Vagan mastercraft "Bleeding on Hit".

I personally don't find the extra damage necessary for my build so I'd rather keep the leech, but that is up to you.
Thanks! I ended up getting it for a song. Been looking for similar deals but nothing has come to light.

It's hard to say if I notice the leech loss or not, I didn't have voices turned on so I never heard Jack in the first place. Depending on how high one plans on playing the character, there are several places to pick up leech on the tree as well as other bonuses.
Hey there.

I might be a bit noob but how do you make frenzy charges with this build?
"
Sotilis wrote:
Hey there.

I might be a bit noob but how do you make frenzy charges with this build?

Ascendency class
@13isLucky

Yeah I suppose. The option is out there so its really based on personal preference. Go with whichever playstyle that suits you. Have fun!

@Sotilis

Yep the passive "Outmatch and Outlast" from the gladiator ascendancy class gives us 25% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill.
Last edited by cookees on Mar 25, 2016, 1:34:29 AM
Am I missing something? Does the explosion damage get increased by "Physical damage with weapon" or "with attacks" nodes? I though only straight "Increased Physical Damage" nodes would work.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Mar 25, 2016, 1:59:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info