[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

I decided to roll your build and save my variation for another time.

It is absolutely destroying so far. Leveling was a breeze, especially once I started using Sunder with multistrike etc in a Tabula. Cruel was very easy but by the time I hit merciless I started to feel squishy so I spent 1 fuse on a white 5-link and alched it.

Merciless was also quick to move through and I hadn't even applied Gratuitous Violence until I started mapping. I bought the axes and BoR and my damage (which already felt decent) had a substantial increase. I tested the waters initially but I jumped into as high as T5 maps almost immediately after equipping everything. I've yet to try a higher tier but I will next time I play.

I just hit level 70 and I've been having a blast! Thanks for putting this guide together!

Current Gear

I have some big upgrades to make on my jewelry still but I have lots of mapping ahead of me.
Last edited by Vigeous on Mar 20, 2016, 6:57:24 PM
@Boltonsquads

Nice gear bro, I think your gear is fully maxed out now. I would probably just spend some currency on some good jewels and that should be it.

@crafteri

hmm that's quite interesting, reave is not a bad skill either and has heaps of AoE. I agree that putting the sword in the offhand is a smart decision so that you can gain endurance charges.

@Vigeous

Haha, I'm glad you like the build and had no trouble with levelling. Good luck on the higher tier maps.
This is the most fun build i played in PoE, ever.
I was thinking taking it a bit further with 6L Ligtning Coil + some helm instead of Bringer of Rain.

What are your thoughts about that? Any ideas about alternative headgear?
Been farming T11-12 maps yesterday only had trouble with one however it was a -res map and the boss did elemental damage so it hurt!
Another thing I like to do with this build is run sunder for trash, then swap to cleave for the boss. This is also when you swap out aoe gem for conc eff. Running t11-12s with this setup and only issue so far was running a 15% phys reflect Academy. Trash wasn't an issue but the boss beat my face in and stole my lunch money.

I also found out that you can't enchant corrupt items... No love for my legacy BoR.
Last edited by 13isLucky on Mar 21, 2016, 9:35:55 AM
Hey supreme_pizza, just wanted to say this build is fantastic! I had to respec some on my duelist, but I am so happy I did, really enjoying the clear speed and defense. I tweaked the gear and tree some for over 6.5k health with a Belly at lvl 93 and 76k DPS with just HoA and Hatred on, goes over 110k with BR, full frenzy charges (4), rally cry and when onslaught procs.

Thanks again for sharing!

LB

Last edited by LiquidBronze on Mar 21, 2016, 11:50:26 AM
Hi,

What can You suggest for Atziri run? Any tips? What change? Any deffensive mechanics?

BTW:
Thanks for this build. I am loving it! :D
What would you go for after the 4th jewel socket at level 87? Maybe get the scion life wheel? Its pretty close to one of our jewel slots and seems pretty good.
"
Czerwinsky1 wrote:
Hi,

What can You suggest for Atziri run? Any tips? What change? Any deffensive mechanics?

BTW:
Thanks for this build. I am loving it! :D

I just ran Atziri a couple times at 87 with a very similar build (got the idea from this thread, but I like to make my own passive and gem setups). Main differences in defensive mechanics for me are a higher lvl immortal call setup (14/16, this is a flavor to taste thing though), and enduring cry for on demand endurance charges. This is mostly just important for the trio, so you can pretty much facetank the dual striker at the end.

I also dunno about concentrated effect for this, I did my first run with it on the bosses, left it with inc AoE in the second, and honestly it felt much better. The AoE on cleave is just awful with concentrated effect, and it makes it difficult to keep the dps up in the ground effect heavy final fight.
I've been playing off and on for about two years now and this is the most fun I've had playing. Thanks bud.

PS - It didn't take off for me until Soul Taker and being able to abandon mana flasks. Really enjoying it now though. And thanks to the guy who sold me an affordable Soul Taker.

This might be my first forum post, not sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info