SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Elafar wrote:
Having two big group of players with such opposite opinions and even hostile attitudes toward each other ?
IMHO most elegant solution and no Overkill at all would be to split those two communities like HC and SC are already separated.

Piece

But you can't because it would require a fraction on all current and future leagues, which simply isn't acceptable.

"
Very nicely put, neat and reasonable. I would too love to see "Can we please get some data regarding people running the lab? How many runs compared to maps etc?" I am fairly sure the numbers will less than 20%, even 10%. During my play time I knew only few people that run the lab numerous times a day. Everyone else just did it once and forgot about it.

We had data, the second week into the league it was like 6.5%, which is pretty significant when you consider the goal of the lab is to complete it as quickly as possible. I bet the % was much higher the first week into the league where people were running the lab on their first characters.

If you wanna run it once and forget about it, thats up to you, but the point is you run it (3 times) per character to show your worthy of the points, you know the actual lore aspect of the game.

Likewise during your time, which you probably play with people that think alike you of course they are going to have similar opinions to yours, but the same can say on my side, I played with many many people in HC that ran the lab multiple times a day, especially if its a good layout and one made some good money doing "rushes"

"
Me, I temporally quit PoE mid Perandus for two reasons. Labyrinth and game performance. Even when I felt like hating lab I still run it for the points though it was not enjoyable at all. Just something you have to get through as quickly as possible and forget. This is not how I want to play PoE and it pains me a lot.

Well perandus did have performance issues, and the post they made regarding the memory stuff seems very promising on that end. In terms of the lab, they streamlined the trials and the labs don't take that much time, especially if you pay for a rush, if you don't want to learn how to complete it quickly, so I find anyone saying they "quit" because of the lab is really just behaving like a child.

"
The lab is a worthless POS, get rid of it already.

Your comment is worthless, get rid of it already.

No seriously what do you aim to accomplish with this "shit" level of post?

"
straight up the labyrinth just takes a shit on everything PoE used to stand for

Prove this point. Just saying it isn't cutting it.

"
Are there any plans on reworking how ascendancy points are acquired

No

(there is your answer)

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Elafar wrote:
Having two big group of players with such opposite opinions and even hostile attitudes toward each other ?
IMHO most elegant solution and no Overkill at all would be to split those two communities like HC and SC are already separated.

Piece

The thing is that there is very small minority that is against this changes. There are two big groups, one that likes the lab, and doesnt care if people can get the points the other way as long as no one removes the lab from the game, and people that dont like the lab and want to get points without the need to go through trap section of the maze.

The third small group you see here are just trolls, that are very vocal and they are against something for no real reason or logic, as the changes dont affect anyone thta likes the lab. They dont get anything, or lose anything from this change.

Maintaining the league for something like this is really to much work.
Last edited by miljan on May 20, 2016, 6:57:56 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

"

You falsely claimed that only the same 4 or 5 people post in these forums saying that they dislike labyrinth. So I guess his post is valuable because it proves you wrong again.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Not only is he wrong, but a straight up liar. He stated he was done with this thread, yet here he is once again throwing his bully act around.
"
Not only is he wrong, but a straight up liar. He stated he was done with this thread, yet here he is once again throwing his bully act around.

I was done until a new piece of information that was revealed that I believe needed to be discussed.

You literally add nothing to this thread, except trolling. Why you are allowed to post such nonsence is actually quite sad.

FeelsBadMan

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

"

You falsely claimed that only the same 4 or 5 people post in these forums saying that they dislike labyrinth. So I guess his post is valuable because it proves you wrong again.

Are you really this stupid, I said its the same 4-5 people that will post no matter what to keep this thread alive, not that only 4-5 people dislike the lab.

Here you are again just making shit up.

FeelsBadMan

Well playing chess takes skill. Why not add that instead of the lab. Honestly even playing Diablo 3 is more like POE than the lab and its clearly not remotely the same game either.

The two suggestions I just made are not serious because they do not reflect our normal gaming experience. Guess what Neither does the LAB.

A lot the builds respec AFTER the labs, which is not ideal game design. Having to pay someone to do it is also kinda pay to win even if your either paying a nice guy to help you or a scammer who will just take your money and not the gaming company.

If they want it to be a difficulty milestone, put it on a free level 15 map you can run to your hearts content till you either win or make a new more broken build which can. Difficuly gates are cool if they test the right thing. In this case the right thing is how able you are to do end game content.

Keeping the block to finishing your character,the lab , is a different (not bad, I am not saying that) game then the one I am playing. I never liked frogger as a kid and I do not like the lab now.

If youre respeccing after lab your build planning is poor.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
If youre respeccing after lab your build planning is poor.

Or you're planning on using EB/MOM (yeah they fucked that combo real good)
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Maybe a minigame choice before facing Izaro?

Upon entering the statue at Sarn, a player is presented a choice of 4 (or more) tests:

1) the same frogger type platformer as current
2) a sudoku style puzzle
3) a space invaders/galaxian clone
4) duck hunt

After which a win (or clean performance) earns a date with Izaro.

Edit: Almost forgot 5) MINESWEEPER!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info