SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Just popping in to say that it is a good thing that GGG has attempted to mitigate the criticism by only having to through the lab once for Ascendancy points.

But it is not enough. People who don't like the labyrinth still need to go through all 6 mini-labyrinths AND the big one on each difficulty. You really need to remove all dependency on the damn labyrinth. It is still awful.
"
sikker wrote:
Just popping in to say that it is a good thing that GGG has attempted to mitigate the criticism by only having to through the lab once for Ascendancy points.

But it is not enough. People who don't like the labyrinth still need to go through all 6 mini-labyrinths AND the big one on each difficulty. You really need to remove all dependency on the damn labyrinth. It is still awful.

Thank you for voicing your opinion.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Elafar wrote:
Well, I have to admit that real picture and correct numbers are only known by GGG. My guess that quite big group of peoples dislike Labyrinth was derived from reading this very Forum plus was watching Steamchartcs http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#1m where it seems quite a lots of players left in a quite short amount of time. If this chart can be trusted and if other reasons of disliking are not more responsible for such exodus I assumed that Main reason and most players left was because of the labyrinth. I admit that I almost hope that group of GGG costumers who dislike lab is big enough so that some change for players like us could find some form. Respecting peoples that like lab I suggested separate league so that should not be offending to anyone. In any case, it seems that people that dislike lab will stay separated from people that like only this time by not playing the game at all.

Peace

Sorry but steamcharts can't be used to judge anything. More and more people switch from the steam client on a nearly daily basis.

A problem with the Steam charts is that the more recent plotted points are per week but the older history is averaged over a couple of weeks or so. So you can't really compare recent Ascendancy numbers with PoE history. However, this straw poll indicates that a significant amount of people dislike labyrinth. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
A problem with the Steam charts is that the more recent plotted points are per week but the older history is averaged over a couple of weeks or so. So you can't really compare recent Ascendancy numbers with PoE history. However, this straw poll indicates that a significant amount of people dislike labyrinth. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251

You just keep playing that broken record. I've noticed every time you link that more and more people vote for the like side. 54% vs 46%, keep it up. :D
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

You just keep playing that broken record. I've noticed every time you link that more and more people vote for the like side. 54% vs 46%, keep it up. :D

That's fine, thank you for noticing. It still "indicates that a significant amount of people dislike labyrinth". Much more than a minority of a minority of a minority that was falsely stated earlier in the locked thread "So I heard you guys don't like the lab ...".
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

That's fine, thank you for noticing. It still "indicates that a significant amount of people dislike labyrinth". Much more than a minority of a minority of a minority that was falsely stated earlier in the locked thread "So I heard you guys don't like the lab ...".
Except its not false, i posted the numbers before. The fact that youre still fucking reiterating how you think youre a majority is actually starting to make me cringe at this point.

Word for word what i said and its back when less people voted still relevant.

"What stats from the developers ? They didnt drop any fucking stats on who is an isnt running the labyrinth and whether or not they enjoy it.

Stop trying to argue with made up "stats" that dont even exist, 500 players is a vocal minority if you think it isnt then i dont know what to tell you. Theres well over a million accounts registered and you think that 500 people voting in some shitty straw poll matters.

Theres something called the "quiet majority" which they even mentioned. Most people dont give two fucks about inputting feedback, using the forums or even bothering to voice any sort of opinion.

If only 1% of the what, 12 million accounts registered are hitting maps and doing end game content, thats 120,000 people. 500 people complaining out of those 120,000, most being the quiet majority, isnt even 1%, its literally less than .5% out of that 120,000.

Edit - And these numbers are using the total poll even though anything above 6 should be considered people enjoying it. If we used 5 or less as a person who thinks it bad, it would be even less than .5%"

Again, youre a minority within a minority, trying to pretend that youre a majority. Sorry to say but the non-vocal majority outweigh you and GGG making the higher level labyrinth and keeping labyrinth as is is proof of that.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 21, 2016, 2:34:52 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
sikker wrote:

Thank you for voicing your opinion.

No one is saying remove the lab. If the Lab had good experience and loot they could add a hard as crap map as an alternate that tests skills people use in the game and keep an adequate gear check. No one is saying to make it a face roll (I think).

When you make content that is not the same game as maps, some people will hate it. I am not stupid enough to try to guess the percentage but its dividing the community. That is a fact.
the same disgruntled 5 guys post here (you know who you are - you make like 50% of all posts in this thread..) for long 3 months

then GGG shows you a middle finger by ADDING a 4th lab and removing Trials (not labs! read the announcement again to see what REALLY changes in next patch)

and you STILL crusade to change something that - obviously - is not going anywhere soon (if it would, there wouldnt be an extra 4th lab added in 2.3)

do not like it? move on. but at this point you are just reiterating the same bs over and over again clutching at straws and completely ignoring simple fact: GGG sees this 'issue' differently and your 'petitions' were ignored

you can waste your time but if you think youll accomplish anything - lol!
And here i though that by probating one clown the hateful shitposts would stop. Should have known better that another one would take his place in no time. This thread serves its purpose fine, and will continue to do so until GGG finally mans up and at least says something on the matter, ANYTHING regarding this issue, seriously their silence is beyond understanding. Either they are ashamed of the atrocity they implemented in the game and the numbers are totally against the lab (which they unfortunately spent a lot of money and time and in a way they have to stand by their choice) or the issue is so small that they dont even need to adress it.

So ill repeat what i said in the previous post to GGG and GGG only :

Can we please get some data regarding people running the lab? How many runs compared to maps etc? A bit more detailed one from what was realeased a while ago.

If the above is too much work for nothing, at least answer honestly with a simple yes or no : Are there any plans on reworking how ascendancy points are acquired? Leaving the whole issue unanswered is like treating your supporters and playerbase like rubbish. At least say that, in a develpoment manifesto or a post (ill take even reddit at this point), silence is worse than a negative in that question. For fucks shake dont be so apathetic on the matter.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
you dont get subtle clues dont you?

GGG ADDED a 4th lab into the game. they would have not done that if the numbers were 'bad'

you and several other guys here form a minority - VERY vocal but small. you are fighting for a case most people already forgot. not only moved on but forgot totally. in your words "issue is so small that they dont even need to adress it"

do you expect them to react to this very EMOTIONAL and HYPERBOLIC thread full of you and you and you talking to yourself? do a honest check of this thread and count how many posts here are yours and from other 4 guys. remove these from the total and see how 'big' this issue is

nobody cares. new league is coming, new items, new skills. lab is an old news and you are unfortunate to not like it. not even incapable of doing it - because you can do it - but simply not liking it. do you expect world to care?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info