SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Oh! I guess carry on then. :D
"
Astarte911 wrote:
Ahh, feels so good to see the update and then see, how 88 pages of complain beeing trolled.

So delicous.

I haven't even read the update yet, I postponing that delicious banquet of tears.

I suspected as much considering this thread gained another half dozen pages overnight. It's a long thread but that's still way above pages-per-day avg.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Wow, I completely misread the announcement for the new league.

I thought Labyrinth would be once per league. They're making Trials once per league and pushing Labyrinth on every character up to 4 times now, rather than 3.

This ...

"

is not a pretty thing to watch.

Uninstall completed.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on May 20, 2016, 1:44:05 AM
"
Corrivati wrote:
After reading the content update - GGG must think like "oh, many ppl don't like our lab. So let's give them more Lab!" :D

I feel being trolled lol

This is a reasonable concern but, my guess is that this release had already started development before Ascendancy was released. I suspect they use a staggered release cycle. This would be where they have two releases in development at the same time. While testers are busy testing the next upcoming release the developers are busy coding the new release which would follow. If this is the way they have it organized then the changes for Ascension would be expected in the September/October release.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Good luck to GGG, sometimes its best to go back to what your good at.

I personally dislike the way the game has changed, but i enjoyed my time playing it. Thanks for providing me with many hours of fun.

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

You do not get to speak on behalf of the majority of people, even the shitty poll that someone wanted to use doesn't dictate that the majority of the community dislikes the lab. As far as it already being released and people seeing the content, the forcing aspect should remain unique to the lab, because its additional power in exchange for completing a challenge. Side quest for skill points an alike are "forced" if you want to benefit from those as well.
[delete irrelevant opinions]

Flat out falsehood is high lighted above. The most accurate poll we have (the only poll) says that 59% of the population dislikes labyrinth. Interesting how blatantly false statements can flow so easily. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251

The population of people that took that poll... which is...

I mean F it NVM, this has been explained you to ad nauseum.

The Lab is a very polarizing issue. The fact so many people hate it and will probably eventually quit over it should tell the developers something. Content should not create a hostile divide that removes players. This clearly does because its a completely different game.

It's ok to have optional content as powerful as other content but err maybe it should be optional because so many people hate it?
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Corrivati wrote:
After reading the content update - GGG must think like "oh, many ppl don't like our lab. So let's give them more Lab!" :D

I feel being trolled lol

This is a reasonable concern but, my guess is that this release had already started development before Ascendancy was released. I suspect they use a staggered release cycle. This would be where they have two releases in development at the same time. While testers are busy testing the next upcoming release the developers are busy coding the new release which would follow. If this is the way they have it organized then the changes for Ascension would be expected in the September/October release.

I wish they would tell us that. Maybe I will play then. I got 4 characters thru content I absolutely I hated with a passion so I could do content I love. I don't think I can go thru this again ugh.
"
dyneol wrote:
I don't mind more of the lab. I also don't mind Ascendancy points being tied to it (just disliked goetz' style of "arguing" with the previous post). I just hope the ES/hybrid-life discrepancy will be somehow solved when it comes to trap survivability.

But, did you see what he had to deal with? It's so much 'worse' than what Regulator reported my posts for... Ahaha lol I still can't believe he stooped to that level.

____

I mean, look, lab-haters: GGG will never cater to you because you are like children and you argue/debate/discuss like children, and this is a relief to me. I'm sorry I've had to trap (lol) so many of you into showing the level of intellectual acumen and rigor you're capable of, the most vocal of the lab-haters, but it was necessary. You would've been better off sticking to a simple "do you like the lab, y/n?" style of posting.

p.s. It's my optimism that there's still hope for you all... Anybody want to NOW take a flyer at the wiki-definition-of-an-arpg question?

p.p.s. Honestly in all my years of internetting I've never seen a group of people so unwilling or unable to do the bare minimum of what's required to even engage in a discussion about a topic... any topic. It's quite frankly amazing to me, but maybe I've just sheltered myself.

Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on May 20, 2016, 3:40:23 AM
"
"
dyneol wrote:
I don't mind more of the lab. I also don't mind Ascendancy points being tied to it (just disliked goetz' style of "arguing" with the previous post). I just hope the ES/hybrid-life discrepancy will be somehow solved when it comes to trap survivability.

But, did you see what he had to deal with? It's so much 'worse' than what Regulator reported my posts for... Ahaha lol I still can't believe he stooped to that level.

____

I mean, look, lab-haters: GGG will never cater to you because you are like children and you argue/debate/discuss like children, and this is a relief to me. I'm sorry I've had to trap (lol) so many of you into showing the level of intellectual acumen and rigor you're capable of, the most vocal of the lab-haters, but it was necessary. You would've been better off sticking to a simple "do you like the lab, y/n?" style of posting.

Its not a right or wrong question. But any feature this polarizing is terrible for any game honestly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info