SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Sure, it's the same thing. Right, I see Regulator had some posts in there, then he probably was referring to it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 20, 2017, 5:59:49 AM
"
Regulator wrote:
Finally an anouncement that has some value and explains EVERYTHING. It was planned ALL along to make PoE a platform game, thats why the arcade silliness with traps, running and jumping around like frogger or prince of persia, thats why the full damage no defence playstyle which is arcade-ish in nature like Contra, GGG knew how to prepare their community, they added a platform game inside their game and no-one bated an eye (while gating character customazaation in the progress), and as soon as they announce a platform port for the game everyone starts losing their minds (which besides the initial cost which was indeed founded by pc supporters the deal and future merchandize will be more than enough to bring profits and aid the development of both pc and xbox versions and literally doesnt affect anyone other at least for the near future).

Well played community for once again you show how stupid and self-conceited you are. I say agaain watch when they implement rhoa racing inside poe and gate ascendancy-like classes/points behind it, cause you give them way too many freedoms to fuck up with the game you suddenly remembered you supported to create.

Well done GGG, you struck another deal, got some cash etc all good things, really good job and i mean it. On top of that you got a fanbase that is on a large scale blind fanboyz who no matter your decisions will support verbally and economically with tooth and nail you cause even if your additions are not true to the game's roots and original vision.

A big fuck off to both for ruining what was going to be one of the cornerstones in gaming history in the ARPG genre (now simply an arcade/run and jump piece of shit ported to another piece of shit product)

+1000

Game is Dead - officially -

Chris: "We made the game, You wanted to play" The Casual way 2017
Beta Member Since 2010
Well the reality game designers have to face is that less and less people own a PC. They use Tablets, Laptops and Smartphones, which are less ideal to play games like PoE on.

The issue is that some games, exspecially RTS, or Strategy Titles in general as well as top down ARPGs (1st or 3rd person ARPGs are already all over consoles, see Mass Effect or Dark Souls) are a bit harder to make work with a controller because they were natively designed for a keyboard and a mouse.

The first game were it was obvious how incredible flawed controller controls for PC designed games are was Oblivion. The original release version was the game which likely had one of the worst UIs ever for an overall still great game.

So as a designer you are kinda in a bad spot. Your original customers are PC users, but this market is shrinking, so you need to expand, now unless you want to design two different games you will have to sacrifice a few things in both versions.

However I highly doubt the Labyrinth has anything to do with that. A more likely thing is that the Labyrinth was something they wanted to do earlier, but couldn't because it would be unplayable with the old desync issues. Which is why they introduced it after fixing desync.

Rhoa racing though, it sounds cool and it isn't even so far of from a lore point. We still have to visit some of the folks, not sure which culture would do that. But I always wanted to see other ways to get Ascendancy, although it isn't a top priority. We could visit Theopolis at some point, were we could Ascend in arena fights, we could visit the Karui, maybe they are doing Rhoa races. I always like games that have games within, and since GGG already draw so many from Final Fantasy, why not the minigames (although they should be a bit less mini).
"
Kalidor wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:
Finally an anouncement that has some value and explains EVERYTHING. It was planned ALL along to make PoE a platform game, thats why the arcade silliness with traps, running and jumping around like frogger or prince of persia, thats why the full damage no defence playstyle which is arcade-ish in nature like Contra, GGG knew how to prepare their community, they added a platform game inside their game and no-one bated an eye (while gating character customazaation in the progress), and as soon as they announce a platform port for the game everyone starts losing their minds (which besides the initial cost which was indeed founded by pc supporters the deal and future merchandize will be more than enough to bring profits and aid the development of both pc and xbox versions and literally doesnt affect anyone other at least for the near future).

Well played community for once again you show how stupid and self-conceited you are. I say agaain watch when they implement rhoa racing inside poe and gate ascendancy-like classes/points behind it, cause you give them way too many freedoms to fuck up with the game you suddenly remembered you supported to create.

Well done GGG, you struck another deal, got some cash etc all good things, really good job and i mean it. On top of that you got a fanbase that is on a large scale blind fanboyz who no matter your decisions will support verbally and economically with tooth and nail you cause even if your additions are not true to the game's roots and original vision.

A big fuck off to both for ruining what was going to be one of the cornerstones in gaming history in the ARPG genre (now simply an arcade/run and jump piece of shit ported to another piece of shit product)

+1000

Game is Dead - officially -

Chris: "We made the game, You wanted to play" The Casual way 2017

Funny... the game seems to run very well for a dead game. All these people playing and enjoying themselves must be gutted to find out about its demise.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
Funny... the game seems to run very well for a dead game. All these people playing and enjoying themselves must be gutted to find out about its demise.

Yes it is. All players from d3 through the years changed the game to what they wanted to be.
A casual arcadish game for all ages! i guess you're one of them aren't you? 2013 game releases, already is going down the road for the casuals...
Beta Member Since 2010
"
Kalidor wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Yes it is. All players from d3 through the years changed the game to what they wanted to be.
A casual arcadish game for all ages! i guess you're one of them aren't you? 2013 game releases, already is going down the road for the casuals...

Is your name Jon Snow, by chance? Because you calling me casual shows how much you really know nothing.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
Is your name Jon Snow, by chance? Because you calling me casual shows how much you really know nothing.

wow nice magic tricks! btw you're in standard so you are the one who doesnt really know nothing...and ofc from a 2013 account... c'mon.. you can't be serious :)

guess you're satisfied now that d3 and poe are merged in one super meta arcade game?
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on Jan 20, 2017, 10:32:41 AM
"
Kalidor wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

The players from D3 had nothing to do with anything. Do they have access to the code to change PoE?

No.

GGG made PoE what it is. If you feel there's any blame forthcoming and/or fingers to point, point them at GGG. Nobody but them had anything to do with what PoE is.

"

The players from D3 had nothing to do with anything. Do they have access to the code to change PoE?

No.

GGG made PoE what it is. If you feel there's any blame forthcoming and/or fingers to point, point them at GGG. Nobody but them had anything to do with what PoE is.

you are all so naive. really.

one word to rule them all. - QoL -
Beta Member Since 2010
"
Kalidor wrote:
"

No.

you are all so naive. really.

one word to rule them all. - QoL -

If you REALLY think GGG did anything because 'casual D3ers' told them to, YOU'RE the naive one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info