SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

I was just doing it to make all those git gud trolls to shut up. Definitely not because ascpoints are overpowered. :D

Pro Mario Player reporting for duty

I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
As an RPG/dungeon crawler player, I like the lab. Although it certainly could do with some improvements in its design. I'd like to have to put more thought into mastering it than stacking hp and runspeed pots to trivialize traps.

What I don't like is being forced to run it on every one of my chars to max out their Asc points. Lab should be an optional alternative to the tedium of maps, not a mandatory part of character progression.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Regulator wrote:
If you want the labyrinth to change and improve, then STOP BEING A BITCH and REFUSE TO DO WHAT YOU DISLIKE because the reward is so enticing and overpowered. No matter the reason you are doing it, the outcome is YOU giving GGG false data about lab's player retention.

Well, I agree with this -- I got a couple of HPC characters (with one dead one along the way) to 1st tier maps, and I refused to touch a single trial or labyrinth with any of them. As a matter of principle, I'm not going to submit to bribery, and I'm not going to add to GGG's statistics about how all but a "vocal minority" like the labyrinth.

However, it felt kind of pointless to continue leveling characters without access to the ascendancy classes, so I pretty much stopped playing. As a result, for want of anything better to do, I fired up D3/RoS tonight, which I haven't done since a long-ago hopeful purchase when it first came out. I hope GGG understands that they're driving players (one player, at least) away from their game by making the labyrinth a requirement for the ascendancy classes.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
My only complain against lab is the traps, that doesn't belong to this game genre !

Uber lab was a great addition as the rewards can be great. Izaro fight is fun with all kind of mechanisms you need to learn and understand. But traps in boss room on top of that ? Come on. Remove then already or don't expect people to play anything else than Jugg.
"
ShaUrley wrote:

However, it felt kind of pointless to continue leveling characters without access to the ascendancy classes, so I pretty much stopped playing. As a result, for want of anything better to do, I fired up D3/RoS tonight, which I haven't done since a long-ago hopeful purchase when it first came out. I hope GGG understands that they're driving players (one player, at least) away from their game by making the labyrinth a requirement for the ascendancy classes.

I too have begun playing Diablo 3 much more since the labyrinth was introduced. I doubt we are the only ones. ;)
Wash your hands, Exile!
I too have been playing other games.

Divinity, the Witcher, Grim Dawn, etc..

GGG nerfs to experience etc. and the idiotic lab are slowly but surely pushing me away from PoE.

The new soon to be released Divinity looks to be good too.

I don't know whether I can go back to D3.

It became too easy.

Anyways, PoE is a wreck, currently.

Last edited by Rayzabladez on Jul 6, 2016, 6:37:01 PM
"
Rayzabladez wrote:
I too have been playing other games.

Divinity, the Witcher, Grim Dawn, etc..

GGG nerfs to experience etc. and the idiotic lab are slowly but surely pushing me away from PoE.

The new soon to be released Divinity looks to be good too.

I don't know whether I can go back to D3.

It became too easy.

Anyways, PoE is a wreck, currently.

Labs ain't that bad if you have a proper understanding of it, but uber lab I have to say it is really difficult even just to get all the trials!

Anyway, look out for "Lost Ark" I think that will be the only action rpg that can pull me away from PoE (if they will have a SEA server).
Last edited by lugaluga on Jul 6, 2016, 6:45:13 PM
"
reliq wrote:
My only complain against lab is the traps, that doesn't belong to this game genre !

Uber lab was a great addition as the rewards can be great. Izaro fight is fun with all kind of mechanisms you need to learn and understand. But traps in boss room on top of that ? Come on. Remove then already or don't expect people to play anything else than Jugg.
So true,sadly I had to go that route play jugg to not lose my mind in Ulab.

I've been watching Lost Ark too. It looks pretty good.

"
reliq wrote:

Doors also dont belong. I kill with ease but i cant get past a door? LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info