SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

Personally I would rather they make the lab fun.

But does that make me selfish? Some people, or at least a few, say they like it as it is. If all they did was move the ascendancy points I would be disappointed and would rarely go there, if ever.

Of course those who like it could not complain* if the only thing changed were the points.

*I cannot think of how they would be affected. Maybe they enjoy other peoples' misery? I bet that is their favorite part of the lab! Other peoples' tears.

This gives me an idea...

Spoiler
Like the hall of the grandmasters... All the players who died in the lab earlier that day are now AI controlled and defending it, wherever they died. Bwuahahaha. My characters would rarely hurt anyone.

Izzaro even has a line that made me think of it... I don't remember It though. It has been a while since I played in there Q_Q

That would make a great "aspirant's trial." Fight these 60 guys who aspired and failed. All at once.
"
Regulator wrote:
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
GGG needs to wake up and realize how big a failure the lab is and take a mulligan but no they decided we are a vocal minority and shove it down our throats with uber lab. No thx GGG. Was the last straw for me. I dont like where POE is going and what POE has become. Im retired awaiting a fix to lab and other issues that now plague POE like xp in maps and continued lag.

-Icanthazmoarminions. 92 Necro. Retired.

Its really sad actually that this fucking thing causes people to leave while a simple (while might not the optimal) solution is out there.

While in another thread about a player quiting the game cause he died in trials i came to realise how much the same people saying they hate the lab and how boring/tedious they find it, are the same people that with their action actually keep/kept the lab where it is in GGG's eyes.

Stating that you hate/dislike/despice the content and then proceed to swallowing your pride and doing it cause "reasons" (it really doesnt matter what the reasoning here is) only reinforces GGG's foolish belief that the lab is in an ok state. IT IS NOT, and YOU are one of the reasons that it stays the same. STOP PLAYING THE LAB if you find it tedious and unfun, boring and alienating, if you dont agree with the gameplay or you are sick and tired starting all over again when you dc, if you disagree with the ascendancies being gated behind it or whatever other reason. Seriously if you are happy with it keep running it, if not then DONT YOU EVER STEP IN IT. Its that simple.

-"But the ascendancies are so powerful and i build my whole character around having one, and they allow me to enjoy more the rest of the game, and i just run it once per difficulty for the points only etc."

If you want the labyrinth to change and improve, then STOP BEING A BITCH and REFUSE TO DO WHAT YOU DISLIKE because the reward is so enticing and overpowered. No matter the reason you are doing it, the outcome is YOU giving GGG false data about lab's player retention. Extreme measures must be taken against extreme bullshit being forced to the game and the players.

Prophecy HC is dead, amongst many others, lab is a major reason for that (proof in the numbers of the leagues, as well as many "HC" players openly stating they went SC cause of that). Do you know what is the most often used message in the trade chat in ProHC? WTB lab run/carry (merci/endgame/cruel/normal thats the order from most to least asked). People are doing everything they can to have a less tedious experience with it. And while i understand them, i cant but charge them as being guilty of helping the whole issue, because in the end they yield without taking a stand to fight the problem. They give a false message to GGG that 99% of the playerbase wants to do the labyrinth.

Leaving/quitting or stop supporting GGG surely passes a certain message, but that message is not always clear. Refusing to do the content they are forcing down our throats is giving them the true data about it and thats a very effective way to show them how much of a "minority" people hating on the content are.

MAN THE FUCK UP AND STOP DOING THE THING YOU CLAIM YOU DISLIKE.

SET THE ASCENDANCY POINTS FREE AND IMPROVE THE LABYRINTH. #MakePoEFunAgain #labsucksonchode #PoEisARPGnotPlatformer

The problem with this logic is people who like making builds want to finish it and if they can't (with out legal pay to win) why play?

Its a game design fault not a player one.

I would have no issue with roling back the game to before the lab including the Ascendancy points.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Jul 4, 2016, 12:18:54 AM
Spoiler
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
GGG needs to wake up and realize how big a failure the lab is and take a mulligan but no they decided we are a vocal minority and shove it down our throats with uber lab. No thx GGG. Was the last straw for me. I dont like where POE is going and what POE has become. Im retired awaiting a fix to lab and other issues that now plague POE like xp in maps and continued lag.

-Icanthazmoarminions. 92 Necro. Retired.

Its really sad actually that this fucking thing causes people to leave while a simple (while might not the optimal) solution is out there.

While in another thread about a player quiting the game cause he died in trials i came to realise how much the same people saying they hate the lab and how boring/tedious they find it, are the same people that with their action actually keep/kept the lab where it is in GGG's eyes.

Stating that you hate/dislike/despice the content and then proceed to swallowing your pride and doing it cause "reasons" (it really doesnt matter what the reasoning here is) only reinforces GGG's foolish belief that the lab is in an ok state. IT IS NOT, and YOU are one of the reasons that it stays the same. STOP PLAYING THE LAB if you find it tedious and unfun, boring and alienating, if you dont agree with the gameplay or you are sick and tired starting all over again when you dc, if you disagree with the ascendancies being gated behind it or whatever other reason. Seriously if you are happy with it keep running it, if not then DONT YOU EVER STEP IN IT. Its that simple.

-"But the ascendancies are so powerful and i build my whole character around having one, and they allow me to enjoy more the rest of the game, and i just run it once per difficulty for the points only etc."

If you want the labyrinth to change and improve, then STOP BEING A BITCH and REFUSE TO DO WHAT YOU DISLIKE because the reward is so enticing and overpowered. No matter the reason you are doing it, the outcome is YOU giving GGG false data about lab's player retention. Extreme measures must be taken against extreme bullshit being forced to the game and the players.

Prophecy HC is dead, amongst many others, lab is a major reason for that (proof in the numbers of the leagues, as well as many "HC" players openly stating they went SC cause of that). Do you know what is the most often used message in the trade chat in ProHC? WTB lab run/carry (merci/endgame/cruel/normal thats the order from most to least asked). People are doing everything they can to have a less tedious experience with it. And while i understand them, i cant but charge them as being guilty of helping the whole issue, because in the end they yield without taking a stand to fight the problem. They give a false message to GGG that 99% of the playerbase wants to do the labyrinth.

Leaving/quitting or stop supporting GGG surely passes a certain message, but that message is not always clear. Refusing to do the content they are forcing down our throats is giving them the true data about it and thats a very effective way to show them how much of a "minority" people hating on the content are.

MAN THE FUCK UP AND STOP DOING THE THING YOU CLAIM YOU DISLIKE.

SET THE ASCENDANCY POINTS FREE AND IMPROVE THE LABYRINTH. #MakePoEFunAgain #labsucksonchode #PoEisARPGnotPlatformer

The problem with this logic is people who like making builds want to finish it and if they can't (with out legal pay to win) why play?

Its a game design fault not a player one.

I would have no issue with roling back the game to before the lab including the Ascendancy points.

But ofcourse its the design's fault but players doing it while they disagree with it help the faulty design. Arent they?

The only reason for example im playing is becaue PoE is by far the most enganging and fun game for me for quite a while now. And i dont want to dish it completely because of a major mistake they made, after all the core game is still the same one i fell in love some years ago.

I actually said the exact same thing, there is nothing new for me since ascendancy came out, since i do not like the lab, even if i like the subclasses, i wont sacrifice my ideals and waste my time in order to get to the carrot. The journey to it should be if not more at least as fun as the reward.

Its far more honest to just quit the game rather than suffering something you dislike, and if you want a change to happen you have to take extreme measures to achieve the goal which in my case is both a better labyrinth experience and (most importantly) ascendancy points decoupling from that place to make it in par with every other single expansion. Or simply dont run the content you dislike no matter what, cause honestly it just passes the wrong message to GGG, doesnt it?

People asking for carries, others who spend miserably their time doing trials and lab what does that tell to GGG ? "Look how many players are doing the lab, it must be in a really good state."

If those people out of a sudden stopped running it cause seriously enough is enough, what message would GGG get? "Oh something happened with that content we made, people stopped doing it, lets see what are the issues and lets try to fix them. It looks we were wrong when we claimed they are a minority"

The reason anyone and everyone is running it doesnt matter in this case, the result is the exactly the same, people are doing it. Ofcourse doing it 1 per diffuculty sends a different message than farming it, but still, even at once per difficulty the message is : "hm they find ascendancies pretty vital and build-defining and are willing to get through whatever we made to get them, lets leave things as they are"

What i basically said in my previous post is that players who claim they want the lab to change but nevertheless are doing it at this stage and shape it is, they are accomplices to the faulty content. Not directly to blame them for the worst content ever implemented in poe, but guilty for the fact that GGG has not made any improvement or change to it.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Agree.+1

I've said that I won't run lab, nor will I pay for a carry through it, nor will I ask one of my sons to do it for me.

I'm just waiting to see where GGG goes with the next patch/update to the game.

In the meantime, no support will be forthcoming from me to GGG at all.

If enough people who dislike/hate the lab refuse to run it, then GGG will sit up and take notice.

If...........GGG continues with this crazy line of game play after the next big update comes out, you will find me gone.. :)

There are too many other good games available online for GGG to continue to make this same blunder with the lab continue.

I'm not even going to mention the disconnects etc..

[Two so far today.]

So all you GGG fanboys can rejoice if GGG brings out a further lab style game, because you won't have to read my complaints any more. :)

I wrote a few negative posts in the forum and I has some conversations in game about the lab for a few months.

Regulator and others wrote reasonable things, some I agree some I dont, but they have been trying, I appreciate your efforts.

this time I'll write a positive effect of the lab on a "lab-hater" like me.

"I had an addiction that's called PoE.

the lab had the rehabilitating effect of easing/giving up the addiction that's called PoE

even if GGG come to senses about the lab, I dont think it will be the same for me.

gj GGG ;)
"

Selçuk
Regulator is, of course, correct that me going through the labyrinth provides a potentially misleading data point for GGG consumption. Regulator is also correct that this is bad because labyrinth is a horrible piece of shit to play (except Izaro which is a super fun boss fight) and GGG needs to fix it even if people do play for the ascendancy points sometimes. I also agree with Rayzabladez that GGG will not get any further donations from me until this is "fixed" and that if 2.4 comes out without a fix then I'm gone. But I did the labyrinth because some Internet troll asserted that my opinion on the horrible piece of shit, a.k.a. Labyrinth, was invalid unless I completed the three labyrinth runs. The ascendancy points are really nice though, I can't fault others for doing the labyrinth for the points even if they hate the labyrinth. This is an ARPG after all.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
*OPEN CLOSET DOOR LOUDLY*

I like the labyrinth! (although perhaps tune down the boss just slightly?)
"
Mischief67 wrote:

I'm pleased that you like the Labyrinth but, I'm surprised you've been hiding in the closet for so long.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
In my haste to also state my sentiments i forgot to say nice post regulator...so yah nice post man!
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Regulator is, of course, correct that me going through the labyrinth provides a potentially misleading data point for GGG consumption. Regulator is also correct that this is bad because labyrinth is a horrible piece of shit to play (except Izaro which is a super fun boss fight) and GGG needs to fix it even if people do play for the ascendancy points sometimes. I also agree with Rayzabladez that GGG will not get any further donations from me until this is "fixed" and that if 2.4 comes out without a fix then I'm gone. But I did the labyrinth because some Internet troll asserted that my opinion on the horrible piece of shit, a.k.a. Labyrinth, was invalid unless I completed the three labyrinth runs. The ascendancy points are really nice though, I can't fault others for doing the labyrinth for the points even if they hate the labyrinth. This is an ARPG after all.

The intend of my post regarding that matter is definately NOT to blame and make those who run the lab feel bad or accuse them. But to remind them all that this is a doubled edged sword, ofcourse i understand and respect everyone's reasoning behind it, but i made the post as a reminder that our actions have always secondary consequences that we might not be aware of or think of them as not important when it fact they are truly worth mentioning and far more serious than we think.

My wording i believe comes always a bit in the offensive side, but i simply dislike sugarcoating everything, i prefer it raw.

"
Mischief67 wrote:

:) We are not against players who like the lab and we dont want it removed (well some of us surely wouldnt be more happy if that happened :D). Im happy that you enjoy that specific content and even more happy that besides liking it you stated a part of it in need of an adjustment. After all the purpose of the thread is to make improvements so everyone could enjoy PoE more.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info