Is this really the direction PoE is going?

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
70 .

Then you should probably do some maps, he spawns quite often really. Btw, are you sure you don't get good items? Maybe you just don't know the value of some.

path of exile expert
The only huge cost unique I found were those rampage gloves for 3k coins. Thats all really. I don't know their value but is it really more than ~ 150c?
"
Tempada wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
the majority response to this league further proves that average player is a greedy person and all it takes is to up the unique drops for him to proclaim the league the best league ever.

By "greedy" person you must be referring to someone who actually values and limits time in a game that's previously been geared towards the so-called "no lifers".

by greedy person I mean, people who think getting more drops is always a good thing, no matter the amount of drops, because they're getting drops and they want MORE and MORE drops.

and, you're right- people who want to have these drops ASAP without having to grind or spend 'valued time' for them. ie, the dreaded two words-instant gratification.

to paraphrase another bulgakov quote in here, the ruin isnt in the game, its in peoples heads. when people equal fun with instant gratification, theres a big problem.

and that is what most people seem to be equaling fun with, hence theyre saying its the best league so far. they get to have moar drops, especially league-specific items theyd never see otherwise, without actually grinding cards or currency to buy these items. ie, for most part just having the game randomly handing these items out.
As a one time only league. it is ok and no reason to be mad on GGG.
i really like the idea of gear up quick at least once.

3 months league never was enough to max gear, here i feel that i finally have the chance.
Lots of uniques 24 hours in? Perhaps a lot of it had to do with the huge numbers of players playing the game, perhaps moreso than just that Cadiro was there to offer them? Simiarly, the way the economy works (and how temp leagues experience a form of inflation) there's a HIGH incentive to sell any valuable item you get early on, so naturally, it's a race to put it up first, while you can still command the highest price.

In the first week of a league, virtually no one sees a Drillneck drop and thinks "Huh, maybe I should roll an archer on here too!" instead of "Nice, this'll get me some more chaos I can sink in and maybe get ahead of the pack!"

And I wonder where you were during other leagues and races, like Tempest (6L drops all day!) and the Flaskback race, where every pack was a loot piñata on the weekends. To be honest, in terms of loot, this is tame compared to EITHER of those.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info