Is this really the direction PoE is going?

"
grepman wrote:
the majority response to this league further proves that average player is a greedy person and all it takes is to up the unique drops for him to proclaim the league the best league ever.

the only major thing is in the league is that the drops are effectively upped. like Ive said in the other thread, scamdiro could be a lvl 8 master selling you random uniques/items for chaos, the mechanic isnt any different except scamdiro's inventory is refreshed every zone.

otherwise, the league is inferior to most leagues, including talisman. talisman at least had interesting talisman bases and the rigwald fight.

you're literally doing the same thing this league as usual, except drops are more accessible.

perandus proves that all it takes for people to love a league is up the drops, and you can wrap any other old stuff under any wrapping and people will take it and like it.
doesnt matter that perandus coins are basically the same chaos people grind for anyway.

people love themselves some free accessible shit. to quote a certain masterpiece, "'they're people like any other people...they love money, but that has always been so...Mankind loves money, whatever it's made of -leather, paper, bronze, gold. Well, they're light-minded..."

and this is a dangerous road to take and a dangerous sign of poe players having this mindset. things like darkshrine and flashback are one month events. but this is a core challenge league.

poe is well on the road to d3 style bame, sadly enough. especially if they cave in, nerf the lab and make perandus into core game. and not to badmouth d3, because its a cool lil arcade that isnt a bad game, but its a bad 'hardcore' arpg and doesnt do justice to its trademark name.

Very well said man, thanks for taking the time to post this.

As someone that's been playing for close to 5 years now I really don't see my self playing next league if this is the path were going down.

I enjoy having to earn the good items and challenging game play. Walking to a vendor and buying it with gold is not fun or engaging.
Yeah, because it's MASSIVELY different scamming noob players out of their orb 'currency' and shopping for gear on the xyz site. lol
"
Rainbowvomit wrote:
"
Play in white gear if you need more of a challenge. :D

Yeah because that's the logical thing to do.

It is logical. If the game has become too easy, exercise some self control and add some difficulty.
"
Rainbowvomit wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
the majority response to this league further proves that average player is a greedy person and all it takes is to up the unique drops for him to proclaim the league the best league ever.

the only major thing is in the league is that the drops are effectively upped. like Ive said in the other thread, scamdiro could be a lvl 8 master selling you random uniques/items for chaos, the mechanic isnt any different except scamdiro's inventory is refreshed every zone.

otherwise, the league is inferior to most leagues, including talisman. talisman at least had interesting talisman bases and the rigwald fight.

you're literally doing the same thing this league as usual, except drops are more accessible.

perandus proves that all it takes for people to love a league is up the drops, and you can wrap any other old stuff under any wrapping and people will take it and like it.
doesnt matter that perandus coins are basically the same chaos people grind for anyway.

people love themselves some free accessible shit. to quote a certain masterpiece, "'they're people like any other people...they love money, but that has always been so...Mankind loves money, whatever it's made of -leather, paper, bronze, gold. Well, they're light-minded..."

and this is a dangerous road to take and a dangerous sign of poe players having this mindset. things like darkshrine and flashback are one month events. but this is a core challenge league.

poe is well on the road to d3 style bame, sadly enough. especially if they cave in, nerf the lab and make perandus into core game. and not to badmouth d3, because its a cool lil arcade that isnt a bad game, but its a bad 'hardcore' arpg and doesnt do justice to its trademark name.

Very well said man, thanks for taking the time to post this.

As someone that's been playing for close to 5 years now I really don't see my self playing next league if this is the path were going down.

I enjoy having to earn the good items and challenging game play. Walking to a vendor and buying it with gold is not fun or engaging.
Ill give GGG a pass because theyve earned a lot of my trust, so some bad decisions here and there I can see. feels like theyve made perandus simple and appeasing to masses because they wanted to hedge the labyrinth outcries which they most likely expected

next league which will come without an expansion to its name, will be a big litmus test. the core of this league is very bland and uninspiring. I can take it with the lab/ascendancy stuff, but the next league better be very good and less casual-driven.
And honestly, all of this complaining and not even playing Hardcore? Yeesh
"
Yeah, because it's MASSIVELY different scamming noob players out of their orb 'currency' and shopping for gear on the xyz site. lol

people still shop for gear on xyz site. the economy is already flooded with items, but in general you still need to buy stuff

thats actually the main point- the core concept of this league is buying items for currency. sounds familiar ? because thats what already happens in the core game. wheres the interesting stuff ?
instead of currency you grind for coins off perandus packs. in fact, it might be way more efficient to skip all mobs and just do perandus box runs.

sure, this does help self-found peeps, no doubt. but that's about it. and availability of scamdiro selling anything renders things like divination cards for bigger ticket items to be kinda useless. who would grind dried lake for volls amulet or springs for headhunter when you can get it off scamdiro ? now you just grind for coins instead of currency and check vendor (yes, scamdiro is a vendor).
Last edited by grepman on Mar 6, 2016, 11:24:08 PM
So you're saying if you were trading previously, it's exactly the same as before only now you're grinding something else.

What's the big deal then?
"
"
Rainbowvomit wrote:
"
Play in white gear if you need more of a challenge. :D

Yeah because that's the logical thing to do.

It is logical. If the game has become too easy, exercise some self control and add some difficulty.

(Removed by Support) Why drive to work when you can just walk every day. it's obviously better for the planet. Right?

Any seriously? Attacks on what league I'm currently playing? Rofl. (Removed by Support)
Last edited by Rob_GGG on Mar 6, 2016, 11:43:46 PM
"
Rainbowvomit wrote:

(Removed by Support) Why drive to work when you can just walk every day. it's obviously better for the planet. Right?

Any seriously? Attacks on what league I'm currently playing? Rofl. (Removed by Support)

I'm old. But what does that matter?

You're saying it's too easy, so I'm using logic to help you challenge yourself.

(enjoy your break from the forum)

It's good to know I have a few 'freebies' at my disposal. Not going to waste 'em on this guy though :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info