Is this really the direction PoE is going?

"
So you're saying if you were trading previously, it's exactly the same as before only now you're grinding something else.

What's the big deal then?
the deal is that league literally doesnt add anything new, and simply increases drop rates...

and if this league succeeds, GGG might get the idea that is the direction next leagues might go. just up drop rates and people will love it. instead of creating something that while might be grindy, is actually interesting and new and changes some game mechanic or item mechanic
"
So you're saying if you were trading previously, it's exactly the same as before only now you're grinding something else.

the deal is that league literally doesnt add anything new, and simply increases drop rates...

and if this league succeeds, GGG might get the idea that is the direction next leagues might go. just up drop rates and people will love it. instead of creating something that while might be grindy, is actually interesting and new and changes some game mechanic or item mechanic

my point: less perandus, more labyrinth. ironically, this is exactly the opposite of the whole hysteria going on on here and reddit.
"
grepman wrote:
"

my point: less perandus, more labyrinth. ironically, this is exactly the opposite of the whole hysteria going on on here and reddit.

I haven't noticed any drop rate increase. Seems the same as always. Seems like more or less more of the same as all previous league mechanics as well, from my perspective.

There's only so much they can ever really do in a game of this type.
"
"
Rainbowvomit wrote:
"
Play in white gear if you need more of a challenge. :D

Yeah because that's the logical thing to do.

It is logical. If the game has become too easy, exercise some self control and add some difficulty.

Or you know, they can quit the game and play something else. Blaiming the players is stupid if you want to keep them around.
They've just implemented a new trade system that makes it much easier to post items for sale.

I'm not sure how much of the current situation is due to higher drops and how much is because its easier to post stuff for sale...
"
"
grepman wrote:
"

I haven't noticed any drop rate increase. Seems the same as always. Seems like more or less more of the same as all previous league mechanics as well, from my perspective.

There's only so much they can ever really do in a game of this type.
well, theres labyrinth. and look at the public outcry. aside from stability issues, the main complaints about labyrinth can be summed up in two words: instant and gratification. people dont want to do the labyrinth because it takes too much time and theyre not interested in it, yet they want to get the asc points.
Mors nails a lot of points in this video, especially in the beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fSPQXvD_Vk
Last edited by grepman on Mar 7, 2016, 3:07:40 AM
We cannot say how this league is going to affect the rest of the game, remember as it is this is how it is for this league. GGG can still very easily choose not to bring this mechanic into the main game once the league ends, keep it to maps, or any number of other things. Oh also long term player mostly self found.
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
"
grepman wrote:
the majority response to this league further proves that average player is a greedy person and all it takes is to up the unique drops for him to proclaim the league the best league ever.

the only major thing is in the league is that the drops are effectively upped. like Ive said in the other thread, scamdiro could be a lvl 8 master selling you random uniques/items for chaos, the mechanic isnt any different except scamdiro's inventory is refreshed every zone.

otherwise, the league is inferior to most leagues, including talisman. talisman at least had interesting talisman bases and the rigwald fight.

you're literally doing the same thing this league as usual, except drops are more accessible.

perandus proves that all it takes for people to love a league is up the drops, and you can wrap any other old stuff under any wrapping and people will take it and like it.
doesnt matter that perandus coins are basically the same chaos people grind for anyway.

people love themselves some free accessible shit. to quote a certain masterpiece, "'they're people like any other people...they love money, but that has always been so...Mankind loves money, whatever it's made of -leather, paper, bronze, gold. Well, they're light-minded..."

and this is a dangerous road to take and a dangerous sign of poe players having this mindset. things like darkshrine and flashback are one month events. but this is a core challenge league.

poe is well on the road to d3 style bame, sadly enough. especially if they cave in, nerf the lab and make perandus into core game. and not to badmouth d3, because its a cool lil arcade that isnt a bad game, but its a bad 'hardcore' arpg and doesnt do justice to its trademark name.

I dont agree, I dont even like uniques being this common at all. The boxes are fun, the mobs that guard them are mental, I like the mechanic of it even if the amount of uniques hes offering is way off for my tastes.

I like the game to feel chaotic, different and challenging content wise, right from the first box i came across there was total anarchy. The expansion itself along side the league is amazing, I dont even care to see them as separate things, the package is really good and actually, the boxes and the lab are harder than anything i was fighting last league, and Im less well off than I was at this point too. The amount of shavs for sale hasnt effected me, not that I like the amount of shavs for sale etc, but I dont care enough to change the fact Im having a lot of fun. I dont actually feel any more powerful than I normally am at this point tbh.

theres no way this is making it into the core game in this state, just enjoy it. They obviously wanted people to have a league where its not everything kicking you in the face non stop with no rewards. Its a party, just get along with it and it will all be over soon enough, youll have fun.
I love Perandus league (playing SF). Coins are what divination cards were supposed to be, but failed because of global trading.

I always laugh reading posts of people who probably shop for all their gear, complaining about "gaem getting easy" and "instant gratification"... :D

E:
You could grind the game for 100 hours and collect enough coins to eventually buy one (1) top tier unique from RNG Perandus... or you could flip-trade for 20 hours and be able to immediatelly shop for the exact item.

For some people playing H&S for 100 hours is not "hardcore", but shopping for 20 hours is :))
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 7, 2016, 4:21:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info