Redundant thread: CHRIS HAS LISTENED. WE DID IT, NOT-REDDIT.

Great idea, hope it can be like this in standard.
"
prilletime wrote:

It doesn't need to be league specific. That's the beauty of it. It presents a meaningful choice either way. Gather power as you go, or wait until Merciless and tackle the nastiest version of the Labyrinth for one big burst of power. Obviously this would be beneficial for Standard players, but I imagine some league players might appreciate it as well.

If GGG want the Labyrinth to be optional, they need to give options beyond 'do or do not'.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
prilletime wrote:
"
Apologies if I've either credited the wrong person or missed other people. Just going by what I've seen recently. And this thread is in no way an attempt to 'steal' someone's idea. I just want to isolate it and see what people think.

"
Hilldrake wrote:
they should add an option to receive all the bonuses when you do it in
Merciless difficulty.

Why?

• First, on a New League, you don't have any previously leveled character. (duh)

• Second, adding this option, won't harm Standard either. Because if you want to create a new character, you would feel as a new league. And for previously leveled characters, its just a waste of time doing everything again anyways.

If I'm reading this correctly, Hilldrake has proposed that Merciless Labyrinth provide a full six-point Ascension *instead of two more points*. So no matter how many points you have when you run it, a successful Merciless Labyrinth run will end with your character Ascended and six points allocated, total. I think this is brilliant.

It would certainly dramatically reduce the drudgery of Standard players having to replay all six trials three times, the massive Labyrinth three times, on dozens of characters that just want to get the Ascension over with and get back to mapping. On the other hand, it wouldn't affect players who want to level up through the Labyrinth, because they can still do all three Labyrinths when they need or want that power up as they go.

So you can either go straight for Merc Lab for a one-off hit of power (dealing with the toughest incarnation of the place), or you can do what we do now, which is get staggered power ups that help if you're a new character/leveling but don't really mean much if you're already a high level character.

+1

as a standard only player with 25+ 85+ characters the 'trials' are what hurt more than labyrinth (lab is fun after all) but this solution is pretty damn clean
I have 30 characters that I need to ascend. Upvote this idea x 1000. It is completely fair to do merciless but normal and cruel is just drudgery.
Okay, i had a nap so my brain is working at full power, basically, im all for this, but GGG never reply here, so the only way to get their attention, is.. get ready to puke

Reddit.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Okay, i had a nap so my brain is working at full power, basically, im all for this, but GGG never reply here, so the only way to get their attention, is.. get ready to puke

Reddit.

I already posted there. My first ever original thread on reddit. It'll be interesting to see the results.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Yes please, even Merciless Lab is trivial for my hordes of 80+ marauders (slow, but trivial).

Please don't make me do Normal and Cruel runs for all of them.
Agreed for existing characters.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Mar 6, 2016, 4:25:29 AM
Even doing that garbage once is bad, but it would absolutely be an improvement on the current system (by 300% actually).

My proposed system is:

1) Give everyone Ascendancy tree points after Malachi in Act 4; 2 per difficulty.

2) Leave enchants for the people who want to grind the Lab. They can potentially be very powerful; people who want to grind for them or enjoy the lab can do so.

I personally never want to step foot in that horrible place again.
Last edited by Vaalamity on Mar 6, 2016, 4:26:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info