How much time have you wasted in the labyrinth so far?

"
creampuffed4u wrote:
I have spent 7 hours in the lab and still in normal...F...ing disconnect every time i'm at phase 2...Not sure how much more time im going to try it...Might just farm coins with a vanilla character or find a more stable game

Call your isp if you keep crashing. GGG has fixed the issue. If you crashed during the first day its to be expected and you should know that. I just attempted labyrinth first time yesterday after everything is stable. Take a breather if youre getting frustrated.
I finished normal and cruel labs in 2 tries each.

Merciless lab is insanely hard for a 68 area and it took me several hours and a huge gear upgrade to get enough single target dps to kill izario phase 2. He basically 1 shots you at full charges.

Has anyone done this on a fresh league and under level 75?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
did 3 runs in every level - 20-30min each. didnt't die
It's like a forced hardcore mode for standard league.
It forces players to rush and skip content, play specific exploiting classes and not play it for fun. Because fun could easily mean a restart.

It needs some kind of milestone/checkpoint in the middle at least - or random rooms behind traps.
Title is spot on Duskcaller. Besides the bonuses the ascendancy class offers the labyrinth feels like a waste of time.

Tried it at 35 first. Died in a black room (turned brightness settings on monitor to max and was still unable to see anything in there).

Second run was at 45. Made it to the room before the last Izaro fight and died to a trap.

Ran fullclearing the areas so it took a while and maybe thats why I found it boring and too long.

Will try again tomorrow.

"
Duskcaller wrote:
And not wasted in a "wow, exploring the labyrinth is so much fun" way but in a "that's a day of my life I'm never going to get back" way.

Including all the trials on two characters, and a Merciless labyrinth count that's reached at least 20 unsuccessful runs and climbing, I've spent hours not getting very far. (Dying 5 times to the final stage of Izaro has been particularly frustrating).

you aren't ready.

If you see anything in a game as a "waste of time" don't do it, or, ya know, play another game?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I just finished normal at 42. Took me 3 hours, because I died to a troll trap once and took the time to explore every inch.

To be honest, not that bad. Can't speak to cruel or merciless. Izaro's abilities are pretty well telegraphed and the only time I took damage was when I overcommited to a casting animation with my low cast speed.

It was a pretty thrilling experience. Even on softcore, just knowing a death would cause a restart kept me on edge.

Just gotta mostly slow down a bit and pay attention to the ground. Some trap setups are troll as fuck.

To be honest, fps spikes and lag are the real killers. I used to love hardcore in the age of ARPGs when they were stand alone games, but now, with everything being online, dying to a lag spike is too much of a drag. The new lab is where that will happen if you spike or lag out on a saw blade path.

I am probably going to run it once or twice more before doing cruel just so I can get the trap patterns and signs down a bit better.

The treasure key system, becasuse your rewards get bigger if you are willing to do more of the content and thus, increase the risk of your death. Getting big piles of loot with a couple of uniques at the end made the entire experience feel rewarding.

The enchantments....I don't know. They are pretty build specific, completely random as to what you get and you are looking at only 2-3 out of the pool that will potentially benefit you.
Last edited by MadRabbitPoE on Mar 6, 2016, 4:21:35 PM
"
Hallsttattian wrote:
Title is spot on Duskcaller. Besides the bonuses the ascendancy class offers the labyrinth feels like a waste of time.

Tried it at 35 first. Died in a black room (turned brightness settings on monitor to max and was still unable to see anything in there).

Second run was at 45. Made it to the room before the last Izaro fight and died to a trap.

Ran fullclearing the areas so it took a while and maybe thats why I found it boring and too long.

Will try again tomorrow.

I think that's the point, no? Like after you clear it once for the awesome ascendancy bonuses, it's just down to choice whether or not you want to do it for the loot and the enchantment rolls.

I enjoyed it a lot. It was an intense experience that required me to pay very close attention and be on top of my game. The same type of thrill I love about hardcore, but with the network latency issue causing only a temporary set back on death instead of a complete one.

I think it adds an element to softcore that brings the thrilling elements of hardcore while keeping it balanced.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it. Everyone was clearing maps solo in merciless without the ascendancy class bonuses and enchantments before 2.2. Don't think those were made harder in 2.2.

It's worth it though if you are rolling a build that targets a specific class. The golem ascendancy in elementalist added a huge increase to my clear speed, letting me rework my future tree choices to take my survivability.
Last edited by MadRabbitPoE on Mar 6, 2016, 4:23:33 PM
been here for over 4 years. single greatest expansion this game has ever had.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info