[2.5] Greedy Roomba - MF Blade Vortex Assassin (63/329) - Atziri Viable - Solo T10+ (37/40) [Videos]

"
V4d_Sk1ff wrote:
Bandits - kill all, kill all?
Everyone going with oak i think... why this choice?
I like having more passives, it can be the difference between having to reach level 93 or 94 and that can be quite a lot of grinding. The 40 added life from normal Oak is fine if you want it, but I like the flexibility of potentially swapping this character to low life or CI without having to drop 20 Regrets to remove the Oak normal choice.

If you just plan to go life all the way and don't care about the difference between 114 passive points and 115 once you hit early 90s helping Oak in normal is the best option. The rewards in Cruel aren't worth it though, so kill all.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
"
Mr_G wrote:
"
V4d_Sk1ff wrote:
Bandits - kill all, kill all?
Everyone going with oak i think... why this choice?
I like having more passives, it can be the difference between having to reach level 93 or 94 and that can be quite a lot of grinding. The 40 added life from normal Oak is fine if you want it, but I like the flexibility of potentially swapping this character to low life or CI without having to drop 20 Regrets to remove the Oak normal choice.

If you just plan to go life all the way and don't care about the difference between 114 passive points and 115 once you hit early 90s helping Oak in normal is the best option. The rewards in Cruel aren't worth it though, so kill all.

Thanks for reply. What happened is that first time I killed all but wanted to go for Oak... 2nd time (on cruel) again by mistake I killed all but wanted to go for Oak.. asked only because like 80-90% of people go with Oak and guides showing to go for oak/kill all like 80/20... I dont know how the mechanics will work later on, as new player with only 30-40 hrs playtime.
is it not possible to link blade vortex with a leech support gem for hexproof maps? maybe remove added fire then put a leech gem instead?

also, is leech the only damage mitigation that this build has? well it has block but you only cap at around 30 percent without rumi's. i suppose rumi's and rathpith are required to do higher level maps?

i swapped hatred for herald of ash and arctic armor because mobs were hitting me hard*.. im not getting one shot but i do get stunned to death some times

*i also think that the spreading ignite from HoA helps out a lot in clearing? i only have an excess of 10k tooltip dps right now.
"
HeroSirian wrote:
is it not possible to link blade vortex with a leech support gem for hexproof maps? maybe remove added fire then put a leech gem instead?

also, is leech the only damage mitigation that this build has? well it has block but you only cap at around 30 percent without rumi's. i suppose rumi's and rathpith are required to do higher level maps?
Yeah for reflect and hexproof maps you can use life leech instead of added fire to get around them, once you have Cospri's you can do hexproof maps because it has the mod "Your curses can apply to hexproof enemies".

Leech is important, but flasks are also the other means of mitigation along with endurance charge generation and immortal call, a 3 second duration immortal call should save you from the stun lock situations and good flasks will mitigate the incoming damage, I used these while levelling:

Once you get Rumi's and Rathpith it makes it a lot easier to do reflect and higher damage maps, I chose to go with "Reduced flask charges used" mod on the passive tree and my belt this league and I can use Rumi's 3 times now instead of twice, so it's normally always up.

My Current Flasks and Belt
Could you update your gem links section for your updated double curse setup with cospri's?
"
fizzjunky wrote:
Could you update your gem links section for your updated double curse setup with cospri's?
Done. I'm still sorting out my links in Essence league because of the helmet mod that gives 50% added lightning damage which I actually prefer over a 6L Cospri's - the ability to shock is so good.
Why do you link controlled destruction in a crit build? What am I missing here?
And for leveling you can dual wield lifesprigs as soon as you got BV. It boosts your damage a bit for only 1c per wand.
I'm 89 and I don't feel ready to even do t15 maps in terms of survivability even with 5.6k life. Compared to my old pathfinder it feels not as good in terms of dmg, leech and tankiness. Not sure if it's me doing something wrong but I'm thinking of rerolling PF even though my wrists won't be able to handle it.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
"
liquidSG wrote:
I'm 89 and I don't feel ready to even do t15 maps in terms of survivability even with 5.6k life.
You need to run some defensive flasks, if you can't afford Rumi's Concoction and Rathpith go with something like this:

Drop the Witchfire Brew and you can use Enfeeble as your second curse if you want safety - link it to a low level BV + CwDT with a high level CoH and Enfeeble. I am no longer using 2x life flask because I am not using Blood Rage anymore - that way I can fit in a Basalt. My current flask setup:

You're comparing your old build that has Vinktar's + Rumi's + Rathpith to this one where you are still using rares and DPS only flasks. I don't want to be too defensive about it, this build is obviously not going to have 20% instant life leech unless you get the 50% added lightning damage Essence craft on a helmet and use Vintar's again (which I may do).

"
EpicFailXXL wrote:
Why do you link controlled destruction in a crit build?
Controlled Destruction only reduces the crit chance from around 85% to 75% on my current character but it gives a 41% more damage multiplier to all damage, so you freeze more because of higher cold damage etc.
Last edited by Mr_G on Sep 12, 2016, 8:50:50 PM
The Phys to Extra Lightning Damage Helm seems to be a way cheaper option than a Cospri setup (just because a Cospri is so expensive, more so getting a 5/6 linked one)

Looking forward to the alternative helmet gem links. :) Although I am assuming it would be:

BV > Echo > Controlled Desc > Increased Area

If the damage becomes comparable to a Cospri setup, then that's going to be super nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info