[2.5] Greedy Roomba - MF Blade Vortex Assassin (63/329) - Atziri Viable - Solo T10+ (37/40) [Videos]

Hi guys, I'm new to shadow. Is this build better than COC Discharge and PhysSpell CoC Cyclone? Now trying to understand which one to choose
Last edited by Collento on Sep 5, 2016, 9:05:20 AM
"
Mr_G wrote:
I think even with Added Fire gem, Herald of Ash and Added Chaos Consuming Dark wouldn't convert enough fire damage to Chaos to be worth it - it's only 30% now. There are other items that convert physical damage to chaos damage though and it would be interesting to test - Innsbury Edge (25%) and Lightbane (30%) - unfortunately if you wanted to use Consuming it would mean a max of 55% physical to chaos conversion.

You need only to poisen enemy, then go for The Toxic Delivery, and you have nice DPS for bosses.
Is this build able to do all the Challenges for Essence league in SC?
"
Jenushan wrote:
I did 37 and 36 out of the 40 challenges in Perandus and Prophecy so I'm pretty sure it's going to be able to at least do enough to unlock the portal effect. Doing all 40 is a grind but if you have the patience this build will do it.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
"
Mr_G wrote:
"
Jenushan wrote:
I did 37 and 36 out of the 40 challenges in Perandus and Prophecy so I'm pretty sure it's going to be able to at least do enough to unlock the portal effect. Doing all 40 is a grind but if you have the patience this build will do it.

Hey man, could you tell me how does your build compare to the fotm CI pathfinder bv in terms of clearspeed and survi?
"
Hey man, could you tell me how does your build compare to the fotm CI pathfinder bv in terms of clearspeed and survi?
CI definitely has a much higher survivability cap, getting 10k ES protects you a lot more than 6K life and with Vaal Pact the only difference is the difficulty of sustaining blood rage on CI. That said the early game levelling experience with Assassin will be much better as you can get higher crit with the +0.5% base crit per power charge - pathfinder gets free poison but it's crit doesn't scale well until later when you have a decent base along with a diamond flask.

I'd say clear speed of Assassin is higher until pathfinder gets good flasks (Vinktar, ToH, etc), the tooltip is higher too but mainly because Diamond flasks don't impact tooltip. To compare to Ziggy's current build I have 5k life, 7.5k unbuffed / 21k buffed dps and he has 8k ES, 5.5k / 10k buffed tooltip dps.

To compare to endgame it's a bit hard because a few things have changed but maybe look at my Uber Atziri run and someone elses CI BV run, although I didn't have ToH or Vinktar so if I added in those maybe my build would be on par with them it's hard to tell.

Pathfinder CI = High Price + High Defence + Scales Further Late Game

I want to try CI myself with Assassin, 65%/45% block with Rumi's up should be decent and a higher ES will protect against 1 shots from the T15+ bosses. Getting a Vinktar is going to be expensive though.
Last edited by Mr_G on Sep 6, 2016, 1:58:04 AM
Lvl70 now and questioning just how viable this build is considering I keep dying in maps.
Hexproof/reflect are basically instant RIP, so what am I supposed to do about that? Carefully read the descriptions of each single blue/yellow pack before I go in? Ain't nobody got time for that.. fuck that shit. First time ever playing a semi-melee build and I can already see why tons of people keep complaining about melee while my CA character just melts everything and bypasses reflect and doesn't need a curse for survivability.
Last edited by DarkKaine on Sep 7, 2016, 9:23:22 AM
"
DarkKaine wrote:
Hexproof/reflect are basically instant RIP, so what am I supposed to do about that? Carefully read the descriptions of each single blue/yellow pack before I go in?
There are few things that you can do to help, swap a dagger for a shield could help slightly for a bit extra life and block chance but the most important changes I would make for you is to swap one of you Quicksilver flasks for a Granite flask and your Stibnite flask for a Jade flask.

Yes curse immune magic packs and volatile rares are terrible, I don't read all of the mods but it can help to not jump into the middle of packs and use the AoE to "dance" around them so you are out of range of most of the attacks. Cospri's fixes the hexproof problem but obviously it is expensive, until then you can get an Atziri's Promise flask for the 2% chaos damage leech - it helps against hexproof.

Once you start to have issues with reflect is when you should go for Vaal Pact - it's a massive improvement to survival in melee range and will make reflect maps easy (swap Controlled Destruction with Physical to Lightning if you want to do physical reflect maps).

Contact me in game if you want or watch some of my past broadcasts to see the play style I use, here is when I was fairly early in mapping: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__/v/87465039?t=01h33m38s
In the 'Important Gem Rewards' section, you state to get Stone Golem - however in the build gem links, you suggest Lightning or Fire. I assume that Stone is the mistake, but could you provide some clarification?
"
Raum266 wrote:
In the 'Important Gem Rewards' section, you state to get Stone Golem - however in the build gem links, you suggest Lightning or Fire. I assume that Stone is the mistake, but could you provide some clarification?
Oh yeah that is to help with the labyrinth and trials before getting Vaal Pact, although I stopped getting it myself because I've gotten used to the trials and can do them with just a health pot for sustain, I'll update it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info