First Wave of Trade Improvements

The announcement seems very inconsistent.

I don't think there's any necessarily wrong with restricting this functionality to premium tabs but I honestly don't see how the reasons listed lead to that restriction, on the contrary they should lead to a different conclusion which comes across rather dishonest.

There's good reasons to add this restriction. If GGG felt premium stash tabs weren't offering enough value for money that's completely fair. If premium stash tabs were being used vastly less than normal ones then that's also a good reason to add this.

But those aren't the reasons provided. Instead it's apparently because of user-friendliness and performance. And in that context this restriction makes absolutely no sense.

Restricting user-friendliness to a paid item already seems somewhat shady if the desire is to maintain their genuinely F2P attitude, but could be explained away.

But the performance argument? How does it make any sense to develop a system that's intended to solve performance and scaling issues you're having and then restrict it only to premium stash tabs, that's nonsense. It makes literally zero sense for a performance improvement for your servers to be restricted in this way. Should we also expect future performance improvements to be tied to microtransactions? Will ground effect performance boosters be purchasable in the shop next? Of course not, that'd be ridiculous.

Because this isn't a performance improvement. This is a premium stash tab improvement. Which is fine, just be honest about it.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
So basicly this is feature only for people who pay money for game. In my country To buy 6 premium stash tabs I need to spend 15 of my month salary to get it. No-fucking-thanks. So basicly You made poor people poorer, and rich people richer. You want our money now even more and more...

Pathetic. Why cant You add free Public Stash Tabs for everyone, at least ONE FUCKING TAB? And let premium stash tab buyers get more of 'em? Now, if I dont waste my money for premium stash tabs, coz' basicly I can't since im a poor human being, I cant earn money in PoE now, coz as we all know, trading via Trade Chat is bullshit. And After You gonna add this I'm 100% sure that aquisition or the second program I forgot name will not be supported anymore, same as poe.trade and poe.currency...

GG GGG, You just lost tons of f2p players atm.
This sounds awesome, thanks GGG!
Everyone stop defending this bullshit.

You cant just say "well you dont HAVE to use them, you can still use old system for free".

This improvement makes trading faster a.k.a. you win time by using it a.k.a. more trading is done in less time a.k.a. you pay to be more efficient in this game a.k.a. PAY 2 WIN.

There's not a single reason why they couldn't just add 1 or 2 tradetabs for free for everyone to put their items in. Absolutely zero.

Instead GGG makes the choice to charge for them.

Considering this is just a "small" part of the new trade improvements I can only expect them to go further into p2w trade features.
@GGG this looks great; it's a nice improvement to stash tabs and trading. Enabling users to still use other third-party tools "should" stop people from thinking PoE is p2w.

@moronic-community/trolls (you're a minority, admittedly, but entirely counter-productive)

GGG has improved the trade for both PoE and third party tools by fixing various back-end stuff. This game is free, why are people complaining that they would need to pay $5 for a ton of tabs? Are the same people complaining that the new expansion is entirely free?

Edit:
"
GG GGG, You just lost tons of f2p players atm.
and? You contribute nothing to a free to play game and are being floated by those of us that can afford to support the game. Without the "rich" as you put it in you post, you would not have a sustainable game to play. wake up and quit expecting more food-stamps.
Last edited by 13elial on Mar 1, 2016, 4:17:02 AM
"
SuicideSpree3 wrote:
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
farlopa wrote:
Please stop with the trade improvements here if this is what they re gonna be.

You re basically adding stuff that allready exists for free and charging people money for it.

Either make it a free feature for everyone or stop.

I repeat once more:
"You re basically adding stuff that allready exists for free and charging people money for it."

And the problem with that is...? Huh, what? Oh, yeah right, there is no problem with that, because everyone's free to use classic/free trade methods just as it always was. Stop crying all over GGG for wanting to get paid for their work. It's not like they force it on you people.

"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
These trade "improvements" are the very definition of "Pay to win"

The more items you can sell -> the more currency you make -> the better items you can purchase

A person with 1 premium stash tab has absolutely no way to compete with someone who has 10 premium stash tabs.

Which would force people back to unsafe 3rd party tools just to compete.

I love how they hide this thread behind perandus league annauncement because they knew there would be community backlash.

The problem is the same problem people would have if you introduced a bunch of OP skills which they didn't 'force on anyone' and then hide them behind a paywall.

This is the definition of PTW.

Even that is not a problem in itself, except that this game has marketed itself on not ever being pay-to-win when it is doing the exact opposite in practice.

Im just saying they re adding a feature that allready exists for free and they re charging money for it.

If you wanna trade and not use third party tools you have to pay. Trading is a very important part of the game and WILL give you an advantage over others.
GGG's trading system will offer you faster update rates over 3rd party tools, so in the end you will have an advantage over others.

Also instead of wasting resources and time in this they could use it better(instead of adding stuff that allready exists and mometizing off of it improving existing features of the game, for example).

Plus i like how they announce this right after stash tab bundles were on sale and not before.

Im kinda sick of these arguements, so im just gonna stop replying. I made my point allreday.
IGN : _IceBergSlim_ or Jizzmouth
I'd suggest that everyone ought to have at least 1 "premium" tab to balance it out and not require 3rd party apps to use our login as mentioned as an issue. (like converting one of the base stash tabs to premium) (I can't remember, do we start with more than 1 stash tab? If only 1, then that tab should be set as premium)
P2W... Finally... I love this game ^^.
Anyone that already plays the economy is likely to already have premium tabs to help them organize their inventory.

Any players who found the existing system too cumbersome to use were not participating in the economy. If anything, this change will actually stimulate the economy, as a perceived barrier to participating learning how to create a trade post or use a third party automation program is now gone if they choose the convenience of a premium stash tab.

Premium stash tabs have been available since closed beta. It's not like it's a completely brand new product that is only available in limited quantities or restricted to only portions of the playerbase. It's just the addition of an API that hooks into a pre-existing feature of the game.

Someone who was free to play before this announcement has had no impact on their ability to trade. Someone who happened to like the convenience of premium tabs and already owned them now has an added feature, which may actually encourage them to now start participating in the economy.

This is my situation. I never traded in the past because I found setting up a shop cumbersome. However, with the ability to simply rename a tab and set some descriptions on some items in game, I will likely start participating in the economy.

If anything, I see this as beneficial in the long run.
"
SuicideSpree3 wrote:

The problem is the same problem people would have if you introduced a bunch of OP skills which they didn't 'force on anyone' and then hide them behind a paywall.

This is the definition of PTW.

Even that is not a problem in itself, except that this game has marketed itself on not ever being pay-to-win when it is doing the exact opposite in practice.

Fine, let's talk definitions then: Your OP skills, which are gated behind behind a paywall would be pay to win, because you could only have access to these if you laid down money.

Encouraging players to pay for something that can be done for free by every single player at this point in time already is not pay to win. You can pay for that label on your tabs, or you do it the old fashioned way. They did not gate all ingame trading behind a paywall.

So, as far as the P2W argument goes, you folks simply make me sick. I'm all for giving players 2 premium tabs for free from scratch, but as long as all the game's features and content is available for free, without paying upfront, it is and remains free to play. And don't tell me how stash tabs are an insane andvantage... if you can't afford those, or don't wanna buy them, then create characters to hold your items for later use.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info