2.2 Chieftan: Earthquake Tank

I'm torn on this build, trying to find what actually makes it better than simply going Berserker for the 40% more damage modifier.

The only benefit I can see is trading that damage for higher life regeneration, and Endurance charge generation (which can easily be covered by Warlords Mark, Enduring Cry, etc).

The protector totem is nice, but strictly speaking, there's no reason you couldn't use it on a Berserker as well, the only difference being the chance to generate Endurance Charges.

So, tell me. Why favor Chieftain over Berserker?
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 18, 2016, 6:26:35 PM
"
Archimtiros wrote:
I'm torn on this build, trying to find what actually makes it better than simply going Berserker for the 40% more damage modifier.

The only benefit I can see is trading that damage for higher life regeneration, and Endurance charge generation (which can easily be covered by Warlords Mark, Enduring Cry, etc).

The protector totem is nice, but strictly speaking, there's no reason you couldn't use it on a Berserker as well, the only difference being the chance to generate Endurance Charges.

So, tell me. Why favor Chieftain over Berserker?

Chieftain is simply safer approach. On the other hand one could ask, why pick Berserker when you can have up to 100k dps on 6L with Taste of Hate and Frenzy charges. I peaked up to 94k dps and for T10-T12 maps farming i simple swapped Concentrated Effect for Increased Rarity for more loot.
With that 94k dps i almost one shoted myself on ele reflect on -10max res map with 8.1k life.
Gear for reference:

Hijacking the thread once more. Played up to lvl 96 with this build this league:
Build has so much dps that reflect become huge issue later on.

With all gear pretty much optimised peaked tooltip dps of 139k with 2 flasks up.
So i pretty much one shot everything, and sometimes myself too :)

Last edited by sultangurde on Mar 30, 2016, 5:22:56 AM
Do you have a link to your current tree?
"
Archybild wrote:
Hi All, thanks for the build. I'm lost somewhere and I can't figure out whether I should invest on the build or not. I need your input on my items.

I think you're missing out on a lot of damage by using faster attacks instead of WED or phys to lightning. A lot of your damage is coming from the earthquake with the huge more multiplier on the explosion, and faster attacks doesn't make the quakes come out any faster (that's why less duration is so important). I'm currently using phys to lightning but I really think WED is the better option because of all of the fire damage you're doing.

EDIT

I have noticed that with blood rage I'll sometimes start to attack slightly faster than a second earthquake can come out. That's not too great as far as damage goes but I have noticed that it allows me to attack and leap to the next pack a lot faster. You can also just hit once and take the time before the explosion to reposition in a boss fight, which has its merits but I think I'd rather just spam explosions that have higher individual damage. For speeding through trash I guess faster attacks is actually a reasonable choice, but for bosses and general single target damage I'm betting WED is the best.
Last edited by Shamus03 on Jul 6, 2016, 1:48:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info