2.2 Chieftan: Earthquake Tank

My gear at the moment, doing well so far.

Edit: updated gear
Last edited by dalien on Mar 10, 2016, 10:41:42 AM
@allterry

Yea, finally got 6 sockets on my Marohi, gonna 5L it soon and test Phys to Lightning.
I know it is dps loss, comparing to WED, but it looks like 1 Blue socket in 5L gives flexibility of using concentrated effect for Atziri and bosses in general.

Next step is going to be Kaoms heart i assume.
"
sultangurde wrote:
@allterry

Yea, finally got 6 sockets on my Marohi, gonna 5L it soon and test Phys to Lightning.
I know it is dps loss, comparing to WED, but it looks like 1 Blue socket in 5L gives flexibility of using concentrated effect for Atziri and bosses in general.

Next step is going to be Kaoms heart i assume.

I'm saving for a kaoms and going to drop the CWDT and move blood rage to my gloves, using 4L for ancestral protector. It's not doing too much but some bosses actually are scary and the totem is really nice for those.

As for enchantments on helmet I'm not quite sure what I want. If anyone got any tips let me know. :)
Nice to see some more earthquaking marauders!

"
I'm saving for a kaoms and going to drop the CWDT and move blood rage to my gloves, using 4L for ancestral protector. It's not doing too much but some bosses actually are scary and the totem is really nice for those.

The ancestral totem is really great! As you say, it deals not that much damage itself, but the "more" bonus to attackspeed is just great. Perhaps this is not the case when a Marohi is used, but i am already scaling a lot of attack speed in my tree. and use a pretty fast mace.
Without charges and Bloodrage only buffed by the totem I reach 70k singletarget dps with conc effect. Normal aoe clearing is at 50k with inc aoe.

"
As for enchantments on helmet I'm not quite sure what I want. If anyone got any tips let me know. :)

In my opinion both Earthquake damage and radius are not really necessary (I would not reroll them if I could get one of those though:)). Damage is great already and with inc aoe the area coverage is huge! The reduced duration for Earthquake on the other hand is great as it will cause more great aftershocks what means more dps.

Update: Killed Atziri with my earthquaker. Vaal and Trio were a walk in the park, only Atziri's split phase was nasty, too much to dodge on my old computer. That is where she got me killed several times. But I plan to skill some more atk speed to gain mobility. I also put my build and gear in that spoiler. Perhaps you can help me decide which item to upgrade next.

IGN (Standard): UberFukker
IGN (Essence): Talamoanator

"The track of your life has come to me, and it goes no further. I am your end, your utter obliteration!"
- Cnaiür urs Skiotha
Last edited by Panthe0n on Mar 8, 2016, 9:19:20 PM
Just managed to get the right enchantment on my helmet:

Now my Earthquake has a duration of only 0.47 seconds and it feels like almost instant. The difference in clearing packs is not that large as they already died with one strike, but tougher mobs like mapbosses etc. die considerably faster! I guess I will never again be able to wear another helmet.
IGN (Standard): UberFukker
IGN (Essence): Talamoanator

"The track of your life has come to me, and it goes no further. I am your end, your utter obliteration!"
- Cnaiür urs Skiotha
Does multistrike even work with ancestral protector? I don't get the skill link icon for it
i just got my res capped and i have my ammulet slot empty, should i get a unique ammulet that would fit earthquake? or a rare ammy, i was thinking about getting a warped timepiece for the reduced duration
Last edited by dalien on Mar 9, 2016, 8:17:26 PM
"
Panthe0n wrote:
Just managed to get the right enchantment on my helmet:

Now my Earthquake has a duration of only 0.47 seconds and it feels like almost instant. The difference in clearing packs is not that large as they already died with one strike, but tougher mobs like mapbosses etc. die considerably faster! I guess I will never again be able to wear another helmet.

Gratz!! Lucky you :)
I am going to grind some merci labirynt to get it.
For now reached 88 level, and rolling with concentrated effect in blue slot.
With 5l and Kaom, and frenzy charges reaching 45k dps.
Big question for now is what would be the best jewels for this build: 2h phys damage+ 2h melee weapons damage?

Upgraded gear for reference. Still need Taste of hate and better belt :)
Last edited by sultangurde on Mar 10, 2016, 1:58:55 AM
delete
Last edited by sultangurde on Mar 10, 2016, 2:44:19 AM
Quick update:
Got my hands on 38% Kaom's heart and perfect taste of hate. Swapped out the Hrimnor's Resolve i was using and dropped a few health nodes to pick up Bloody Bludgeon. Currently working my way up to Destroyer and later probably Master of the Arena.

Done a couple of atziri runs and it's fairly easy. Swap in conc effect over phys to lightning. For the trio swap added fire for stun, use enduring cry + immortal call. I kill tittybitch first then dual striker. For atziri use a ruby flask and be carefull in split phase, take your time.
Current tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRA9YEswUtBg4GwwmWCfYMXw3NDjwS4RQgFE0UcRT2GF0YkRkuGjgcpxzOITQhVSKvJyAnLyftK1As-y3SMfs4UzkOOlI62DwtPO89Dz38QKBBP0a3UEdR5lOlWGNeE18_YJFhUmdYZ5toZWjyagRqpXasdud35XrvfLt82X_jggeDX4Y7hmCKIozPkFWRzpLQlIeXeZ7FogCi6qajrY2vbK-ntC-5frvtvJ-9YMT2xYrGBMauxtjPftNv1HzUj9lh2XzfsuRR5K3qGO8O707wH_JB8932SPcy-Ov8S_0w_lQ=

Current gear:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info