2.2 Chieftan: Earthquake Tank

"
Vezu wrote:
"
sultangurde wrote:

About that Blood Magic keystone it is not worth imo.

Yeah, I'm not sure about that. On one hand, many auras are not really scaling extremely well with the build - you can safely ignore Hatred, haste, maybe also Arctic Armor (for a Hypothermia support on EQ) and most any others. The only auras that would make me think twice is having Flammability as an aura (and maybe 1 more curse) and Herald of Ash. Not sure though. I'll definitely play around with those once Ascendancy is live :)

Also, no blood magic means that the beefed-up EQ will be very taxing on mana, and resource management may become a problem. So, originally I thought the benefits of HoA + maybe Flammability on aura would not offset a difficult-to-manage EQ and 35% less increased life, so I went BM.

Generally, I'd like to have leap + faster attacks + fortify as an opener-mobility. If I get 2 more links on that, I may put in cast on hit + flammability, but the first 5-link is reserved for EQ.

We will see on live :) The choices will depend of overall damage output of the build and general survivability. Some maps may promote that BM keystones actually.
Last edited by sultangurde on Mar 2, 2016, 10:02:23 AM
I was also thinking of doing an earthquake marauder, but go the crit staff route instead. For higher tier maps I feel going RT is gonna be too taxing on your clear speed, and going crit also adds more "oomph"-feeling in your earthquakes!

For mana problems I'm pondering between a few mana nodes and warlord's mark + blasphemy. I'm quite certain, though, that ~0.5% mana leech and warlord's mark + blasphemy will be enough, if not, going crit probably allows to use blood magic on a 6L without killing your clear speed.
"
Reductant wrote:
I was also thinking of doing an earthquake marauder, but go the crit staff route instead. For higher tier maps I feel going RT is gonna be too taxing on your clear speed, and going crit also adds more "oomph"-feeling in your earthquakes!

For mana problems I'm pondering between a few mana nodes and warlord's mark + blasphemy. I'm quite certain, though, that ~0.5% mana leech and warlord's mark + blasphemy will be enough, if not, going crit probably allows to use blood magic on a 6L without killing your clear speed.

Staffs are generally faster and dont have good uniques to start (Marohi Erqi etc).
Also there is not that many crit/crit damage nodes around Marauder/Templar zone.
I did some math for Chieftain (Hinekora and Ramako) vs Juggernaut (Unrelenting and Unyielding).

Overall the tooltip damage would be almost the same, considering you have 7-8 end charges, fortify up and all enemies are burning. However Chieftain deals most of its damage as fire, and you get 18% fire penetration passively. The bad side is that burning chance is pretty low, especially with RT.

In terms of tankiness, Juggernaut is a bit ahead on mitigation, but Chieftain gets insane life regen and some fire leech.

I lack the knowledge to tell which one is better, but I'll be playing Chieftain. It just seems like a lot of fun.

These are the passives trees I made for the comparison

Chieftain
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthggFhjuX49_MYExFgD1qaj9ki9YAbDXz8aPhQgfLjvDikuUEfkUZd5CZY5DusJhVLZYa2Nz352rOoYUeb3Mvjrd1O0L3KpfNm77RRxOzshNMT2kc4OPJ7FQT-vp8auJ-06Uj0PDF8GDryfhmAU9ny7HKfUfBiR_EthUiKvhjt35cWKOthTpQn2FE3FU-9OOFOvbAGRJy8B59wyXhN252jyLdKQVRv6SHiS0CFVQKDwHyXfBTwS4Sz7eu-iALYsouqKIgUtBLOkGYTvJyDAZqknPAV4eu98qZSHaoTZR369Nho4dO0=

Juggernaut
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthggFhjuX49_MYExFgD1qaj9ki9YAbDXz8aPhQgfLjvDikuUEfkUZd5CZY5DusJhVLZYa2Nz352rOoYUeb3Mvjrd1O0L3KpfNm77RRxOzshNMT2kc4OPJ7FQT-vp8auJ-06Uj0PPC0MX7yfhmAU9ny7g8wcpxiR_EthUoY7xYo62Lc-U6UUTcVT706vbAGRJy_-CgHn3DJeE2jyLdKQVfJF2L0b-kh4ktAhVUCg8B8aODrhNZIl3wU8EuEs-3rvogCmV_6Ptiyi6ooiBS0Es03jpBmE7ycgwGapJzwFeHrvfKmUh2o=
Last edited by Byserion on Mar 2, 2016, 4:32:40 PM
To make a melee character viable with this single target or low amount of hits scale good we need the two auras that I listed. They are very good when scaling with melee. We would already be reserving 85% of our mana at this point.

This is why I did not go blood magic. I wanted those auras with the increased weapon elemental damage for a single target large hit. I was possibly thinking about using another 2 points to get the reduced mana big node up in templar area. Since my skill tree is set so far at 82 and a decent build already that may be the push for big maps. It would put us at 24 reduced mana cost, which I believe would be able to sustain EQ easy. As our goal is not to spam it. Its to run into a big pack hit once and move on.

For those worrying about the ignite happening on the first hit. Elemental and bleed effects over right if they are larger and they start using that one right away. So dont worry if they both ignite. Just gives you a tick of the first one before going to the second full duration.

The reason why I went maces over staves is because they are generally slower. The way the second attack gets a large bonus of attack damage means that the single hit damage (not the dps) of the weapon makes the single big hit worth more. We are not trying to multi strike these things 8 times. Unless we can get super reduced duration i expect about 3 secondary eq hits every 5 seconds.

Now all of this is theroy crafting as of now. We willsee early next week what the actual details are. Since none of the streamers i saw went Chieftan EQ.
Last edited by blankenshiprh on Mar 2, 2016, 6:10:40 PM
There is small thing that bothers me: endurance charge generation with setups. I cant imagine to use enduring cry manually.

Chieftain w/o BM Keystone - needs Blasphemy+Warlords mark or Leap+Curse on Hit setup to generate endurance charges.

Chieftain with BM Keystone - may start to look problematic if reserve too much life. Without Warlords mark i see no reliable way to generate charges, so that life regen from endurance charges looks good only on paper. Still can use Leap+Curse on Hit, but i have doubts about it.

Juggernaut w/o BM Keystone - will generate charges easily with Warlords Mark + Unflinching
(20% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you are Hit +1 Maximum Endurance Charge)

Juggernaut with BM Keystone - didnt really consider that as option for now.
The only time i will need to use anything to create endurance charges is on bosses. I get 10% chance to get endurence charge when I kill an ignited enemy. Believe me map farming you will have them up a lot.

Endurance charges also last something like 40% longer.
"
sultangurde wrote:
There is small thing that bothers me: endurance charge generation with setups. I cant imagine to use enduring cry manually.

So you are saying that pressing Enduring Cry every 15 seconds is too much effort for you? Do you only want to use EQ and Leap Slam? Imo wasting 35% of your mana only to not press Enduring Cry every 15 seconds is a total waste.

@blankenshiprh why are you using the accuracy notes instead of RT? You will miss every 3rd hit wthiout RT. Also The reduced mana and the attackspeed are useless from these nodes. Eq doesnt need a lot of mana from what ive seen on streams. You are also wasting a lot of points to get the Fire nodes when you could get the AoE nodes instead.

My build looks like THIS. It has 30% life, 15% aoe and over 50% more inc damage than your build. Also it hits with every hit with RT.
Last edited by Vinc009 on Mar 3, 2016, 8:39:55 AM
"
Vinc009 wrote:
"
sultangurde wrote:

So you are saying that pressing Enduring Cry every 15 seconds is too much effort for you? Do you only want to use EQ and Leap Slam? Imo wasting 35% of your mana only to not press Enduring Cry every 15 seconds is a total waste.

I can admin i prefer lazy play style. I already played 6L Daresso Defiance in the past.
That is why i found Warlords Mark/Juggenaut autogeneration much more reliable.
Apart from that i assume there will be other things to click later on: Blood Rage maybe? Maybe golem? Vaal skills?
"
Vinc009 wrote:
"
sultangurde wrote:

@blankenshiprh why are you using the accuracy notes instead of RT? You will miss every 3rd hit wthiout RT. Also The reduced mana and the attackspeed are useless from these nodes. Eq doesnt need a lot of mana from what ive seen on streams. You are also wasting a lot of points to get the Fire nodes when you could get the AoE nodes instead.

My build looks like THIS. It has 30% life, 15% aoe and over 50% more inc damage than your build. Also it hits with every hit with RT.

Your build looks ok. Reasons why I went with the accuracy nodes. Reduced mana/intelligence/dex. You need dex and intelligence for hatred and other gems in your sockets. If you have inc or decreased aoe you will need int. I am trying to maximize my tree so i dont have to spend a lot on gearing then I can maximize my gearing.

I also want the ability to crit every once in a while. I will not likely miss 1/3 of my shots. Even if I was at 85-90% hit thats not 1/3.

Next you waste a lot of time up in the elemental tree portion for a low use of points you are missing 14-18% physical with maces and other abilities for elemental 6-10 and one 18. Also your build is set at level 94, its a little exxagerated of a level. When i create builds i put it when you should be mid tier mapping (Early 80). I play leagues not normal.

however doing a max build would be. I may have messed a few things up in there im in a rush to get out the door for work. But you have to remember dont waste a lot of time in the elemental area if it is not for big profits. We 100% scale off physical. Even the extra fire we get in chiftan is from physical. We do not however 100% scale off elemental. Its just those few bonuses we get that make us that not only physical damage type. This is your RT playstyle.

Again dont forget the mace node down at the bottom of marader/duelist. Thats two 12% nodes and a 18% node with .4% leech. Dont forget the 16 life and 16% physical and 12% physical node in marader other start area. a 12% physical is way better than a 10% elemental all day, because it double dips to our physical and elemental where as elemental only hits once its converted or aura and sockets..

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAZEEswUtBg4Jlgn2DF8NzQ48EuEUIBRxFPYYkRkuGjgcpxzOITQhVSKvJyAnLyftK1As-y3SOFM5DjpSOtg7OzwtPQ89_ECgQT9Gt0d-UEdR5lOlWGNeE18_YJFhUmdYZ5toZWjyagRqpXTtdqx253dTd-V673uMfLt82YIHg1-DzITEhNmE74Y7hmCHaooijM-QVZBskc6S0Jd5nsWiAKLqqSeplK2Nrj6vbK-ntC-3PrvtvJ-9NsT2xYrGrsbYz37Tb9R81I_Yvdlh2XzkUeSt6hjvDu9O8B_z3fZI9zL46_0w_gr-VA==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info