New Jewels for Traps

Please, add some trap cooldown reduction in passive rather than jewels.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The third jewel might be nice if you stack like 5-6 of them, lightning trap build might actually be a viable option.
However, can't see how any of those jewels are helpful to revive fire trap builds. Since prolif is gone, fire trap has become a crappy skill to use(act 1 normal is the exception)
Sunblast + 3 or more Cheap construction = tachyon traps?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
The only problem with trappers is trap recovery cooldown. super limited and bursty in output
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
Trappers don't need more damage...

Trappers need less cooldowns and/or more uses.
tried traps 2x so far and found it not late game viable

imho there are only few uses of traps:

fire trap is very good for leveling

bear trap is nice - almost obscene - amount of single target damage but too limited on the rearm cooldown.

vaal lightning trap is a nice way to apply shock with 3 charges

"

Man you were just on the edge of your seat to get this shitpost out, weren't you?

I think he has it on a key bind

hype for the jewels btw.

What it the point in having like 10 additional traps, if you can maximum have only 3 charges? and then you need to wait for cooldown. Killing Vaal-type boss or what?
I do not really see how traps are weak, only the cooldown is a bad thing, like many others already mentioned. And that is also the thing mines do better. I guess you can have the same dps with mines like with traps, but those mines don´t have the cooldown...

So because there are a lot of passive notes that support mines and traps, I think traps are a good support skill for miners.

I don´t know what the basic laying speed is for trappers, but i think you cannot reach 2-3 sec cooldown by alternating the traps you throw.

"
bowle wrote:
tried traps 2x so far and found it not late game viable

imho there are only few uses of traps:

fire trap is very good for leveling

bear trap is nice - almost obscene - amount of single target damage but too limited on the rearm cooldown.

vaal lightning trap is a nice way to apply shock with 3 charges

You forgot one nice thing for fire trap. It is the only skill that creates burning ground. So when you use flame surge it is fine way to ignite enemies by laying a lot of fire traps with inc. aoe around you. Works fine with three dragons cause then you can get the 50 % more damage by ignite and 50 % more damage by shocked...

EDIT:
When the passive tree is not changed to much you can get 30 reduced cooldown from the tree and 20 % from the saboteur ascension. So 1-1.5 sec cooldown as a bomber, less then flicker and cold snap builds have to bypass. But still something to consider.
Last edited by griffinzero on Feb 16, 2016, 4:27:33 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Undoubtedly the most overlooked build type was Trappers.

Yet, I seem to regal Trap Damage or Trap Throwing Speed on every single jewel. ;P

Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info